Mitch Garbutt

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Mitch Garbutt

Post by Nobody » 10 Jul 2018, 14:32

fords wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:Given our lack of overseas spots available, it would be an odd move.
Don’t we have two available for 2019 to replace Garry Lo and Jy Hitchcox???
But QLT is likely to be offered a new deal and he replaced Lo.[/quote]
Why on earth would we offer QLT another deal?[/quote]

Hope not at 34.

We need a proper FB who has years ahead of him[/quote]

Our search for a long term fb may not have gone to plan so could offer qlt a one year deal whilst we Continue to search?
[/quote]

Maybe but it would be pretty poor if thats the case[/quote]

:)Daryl said he will sit down with QLT over the next few weeks so I would say another deal is looking very likely.
🐯 COYF!

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 10 Jul 2018, 14:37

Nobody wrote:
fords wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:Given our lack of overseas spots available, it would be an odd move.
But QLT is likely to be offered a new deal and he replaced Lo.
Why on earth would we offer QLT another deal?[/quote]

Hope not at 34.

Our search for a long term fb may not have gone to plan so could offer qlt a one year deal whilst we Continue to search?
[/quote]

:)Daryl said he will sit down with QLT over the next few weeks so I would say another deal is looking very likely.[/quote]
Can he not sit down with him, thank him and then release him??? I’d hoped we were looking for something better and more long term than QLT

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 10 Jul 2018, 14:38

Fumper27 wrote:
Nobody wrote:
fords wrote:
Why on earth would we offer QLT another deal?
Hope not at 34.

[/quote]

:)Daryl said he will sit down with QLT over the next few weeks so I would say another deal is looking very likely.[/quote]
Can he not sit down with him, thank him and then release him??? I’d hoped we were looking for something better and more long term than QLT[/quote]

Exactly, you would hope we are

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 10 Jul 2018, 14:45

Maybe we have not found anyone yet. Daryl did say he was impressed with QLT as well. May offer a 1 yr extension so we can keep looking.
🐯 COYF!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 10 Jul 2018, 15:01

After all this time and if were going to sign a top winger like lineham it would not surprise me if Eden Turner qlt will be our full back options next season :hand:
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 10 Jul 2018, 15:09

Maybe a replacement for Milner with Jesse moving to loose forward

orrsome
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by orrsome » 10 Jul 2018, 16:39

Mucky1978 wrote:Maybe a replacement for Milner with Jesse moving to loose forward
More likely Foster to Loose Forward if Milner goes.

dancas88
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by dancas88 » 10 Jul 2018, 16:59

fords wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
Nobody wrote:
fords wrote:
Hope not at 34.

We need a proper FB who has years ahead of him
[/quote]

Can he not sit down with him, thank him and then release him??? I’d hoped we were looking for something better and more long term than QLT[/quote]

Exactly, you would hope we are[/quote]

I'd be happy with QLT for a year if we have an eye on a full back that is on contract for next year but free for 2020. He's definitely made a difference for us this year

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 10 Jul 2018, 18:07

Quite a few knocking the club on here if we were to offer QLT a new deal but are failing to offer any alternative signings. Who is available for FB ?

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 10 Jul 2018, 18:19

I would defo offer him a one year deal regardless he knows way to get over try line good option to have in squad doubt he will be on big bucks
Vince Lombardi

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 10 Jul 2018, 18:33

tigerfeat wrote:I would defo offer him a one year deal regardless he knows way to get over try line good option to have in squad doubt he will be on big bucks
Not been overly impressed with Q so far, certainly can sniff out a try but doesn't seem to have much else to his game and can see why he as been languishing in the lower leagues all his days.
After nearly 12 months of searching for a replacement for Zak surely Wellsy can come up with some options that will suit the why Powell likes to play, we must use our quota spots wisely.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 10 Jul 2018, 18:54

Tigerade wrote:Quite a few knocking the club on here if we were to offer QLT a new deal but are failing to offer any alternative signings. Who is available for FB ?
Club officials should know what's out there.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 10 Jul 2018, 18:55

Tigerade wrote:Quite a few knocking the club on here if we were to offer QLT a new deal but are failing to offer any alternative signings. Who is available for FB ?
Brendan Elliot would have been an option

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 10 Jul 2018, 19:01

There loads of full backs out there we've being linked with a over a dozen since last october I'm just saying since we've not signed anybody we might go with what we've got for next year...except qlt we've not signed anybody
Vince Lombardi

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 10 Jul 2018, 21:12

Sharlotiger wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
Why wouldn’t we?

He’s played a few games for us and scored in pretty much every one of them.

And that’s without our best team and spine out. Imagine what he could do with Gale out there.

Oh, and it’s also a player who hasn’t played in SL before, which makes it even more remarkable. He is settled and working hard for the team and clearly impressing in training too.

Age is but a number as Menzies, Westwood, Lynch have shown. He’s not a long term but he’s a great option to retain and cheap too compared to anyone we can bring across from Aus.

I’d still like another full back too but QLT may allow us to invest some money into keeping Milner and recruiting another signing elsewhere, such as wing and centre.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

lidds
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by lidds » 10 Jul 2018, 21:32

HuddsTigers wrote:
Sharlotiger wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
Why wouldn’t we?

He’s played a few games for us and scored in pretty much every one of them.

And that’s without our best team and spine out. Imagine what he could do with Gale out there.

Oh, and it’s also a player who hasn’t played in SL before, which makes it even more remarkable. He is settled and working hard for the team and clearly impressing in training too.

Age is but a number as Menzies, Westwood, Lynch have shown. He’s not a long term but he’s a great option to retain and cheap too compared to anyone we can bring across from Aus.

I’d still like another full back too but QLT may allow us to invest some money into keeping Milner and recruiting another signing elsewhere, such as wing and centre.
Hudds I agree with you. Most players would take a while to get upto speed coming from the championship, but has slotted straight in. He covered so much ground at the weekend and was linking up at both sides of the pitch, like you say he has scored in almost every game and has a really good step on him. Also dealt with every high ball leeds put up at the weekend and never looked 'risky'.

Age will catch up with every player eventually but from what I have read / seen he looks after himself well, doesn't really drink, and maybe not having the high intensity of SL throughout his career may mean he has a fair bit more in the tank.

Top quality FB are a valuable commodity these days, tbh I think we were spoilt with Zak will be very unlikely we will ever get someone as good as him in the next ten years. Would rather see us stick with QLT for another season if the right signing isnt out there (I would still expect us to bring a new FB in with it been the key target all season), However no point spending way over the odds either in a fee or cap space and have it impact the rest of the team.

Some people seem to be assuming that a quality SL standard FB is just sitting in the wild on a free transfer.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 11 Jul 2018, 00:03

Zac in my opinion is one of the best natural rugby players in the world.
Yes he broke our hearts with his stupidity
However the likelihood of us recruiting someone of his caliber in the near future or possibly ever is about as likely as Shaun Wayne receiving a Nobel prize for diplomacy.
But despite some of the critics on here Daryl continues to confound us with.what he achieves with the personnel he he recruits or has at his disposal

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 11 Jul 2018, 06:19

Qlt has scored in every game hes played in for us
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 11 Jul 2018, 09:41

We were begging Luke Dorn to stay 2 years ago at a similar age. QLT is a very similar style of player.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 11 Jul 2018, 10:12

jackknife wrote:Qlt has scored in every game hes played in for us
No he hasn’t. He didn’t score in the 24-24 draw with Hull KR. Still impressive strike rate though