Mike McMeeken

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
castigers2010
Academy Player
Academy Player

Mike McMeeken

Post by castigers2010 » 27 May 2018, 21:04

In the League Weekly (Dave Parker Section), its reported that McMeeken will not be renewing his contract as he wants to move to Union - destination unknown.

Est.1926

Re: Mike McMeeken

Post by Est.1926 » 27 May 2018, 21:25

castigers2010 wrote:In the League Weekly (Dave Parker Section), its reported that McMeeken will not be renewing his contract as he wants to move to Union - destination unknown.
well the union club will after waiting because Mike McMeeken renewed his deal last year and is contracted till end of the 2020 season.

link: https://www.pontefractandcastlefordexpr ... -1-8633513

unless we are going to have solomona gate part 2.. mcmeeken retiring :lol: :lol:

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 27 May 2018, 22:02

Dave Parker using information over a year old to make up some crap about a player out of contract? Amazing :lol:

He's also linking Cas with the wrong Miloudi, he really doesn't try does he?

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 28 May 2018, 01:08

did hear though that saints are lining up a bid for meeks when his contract is up.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 28 May 2018, 06:39

Probably can put this one to bed...well for another 2 years anyway.

Bolton-tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bolton-tiger » 28 May 2018, 09:52

lurcher wrote:did hear though that saints are lining up a bid for meeks when his contract is up.
Saints seem to be making a play for a fair few players if u belive all the gossip

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 28 May 2018, 10:13

Bolton-tiger wrote:
lurcher wrote:did hear though that saints are lining up a bid for meeks when his contract is up.
Saints seem to be making a play for a fair few players if u belive all the gossip
they signed one of the most exciting young back rowers in Bentley last year who hasn't had a shot yet plus Batchelor another talented back rower for next year.

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 28 May 2018, 10:47

Casmoley wrote:
Bolton-tiger wrote:
they signed one of the most exciting young back rowers in Bentley last year who hasn't had a shot yet plus Batchelor another talented back rower for next year.
Saints signed Batchelor from Wakey??

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 28 May 2018, 10:49

RonnieGibbs'forearm wrote:
Casmoley wrote:
Bolton-tiger wrote:
Saints signed Batchelor from Wakey??

his brother at York.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 28 May 2018, 11:57

I’d like to hear noises from the club from Wellsi that we are indeed planning recruitment for the years ahead. It’s something we need to excel with in advance!
Audacter Et Sincere

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 28 May 2018, 21:53

Mysterio wrote:I’d like to hear noises from the club from Wellsi that we are indeed planning recruitment for the years ahead. It’s something we need to excel with in advance!
I'd rather they kept schtum and got all deals they want to achieve over the line and under the radar
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

Danny Boy
Verified

Post by Danny Boy » 29 May 2018, 12:25

the machine wrote:
Mysterio wrote:I’d like to hear noises from the club from Wellsi that we are indeed planning recruitment for the years ahead. It’s something we need to excel with in advance!
I'd rather they kept schtum and got all deals they want to achieve over the line and under the radar
Spot on with this, too many times in the past we’ve been gazumped when other clubs have heard we’re targetting this or that player.
Danny Boy

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 29 May 2018, 14:17

the machine wrote:
I thought that went without saying and was obvious. Of course I feel the same. :dance:
It would be nice however to hear that a ‘recruitment plan is being formulated’ or the like.
Audacter Et Sincere

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 29 May 2018, 14:23

Mysterio wrote:
the machine wrote:
I thought that went without saying and was obvious. Of course I feel the same. :dance:
It would be nice however to hear that a ‘recruitment plan is being formulated’ or the like.
I think we need to give wells chance and a give him the benefit of the doubt that he's come with a plan on what our recruitment needs to be over the next couple of years

Can shout from the rooftops about it when everything is signed on the dotted line lol
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

Bolton-tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bolton-tiger » 30 May 2018, 19:43

Been linked with a move to sale sharks like denny

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 30 May 2018, 19:54

Bolton-tiger wrote:Been linked with a move to sale sharks like denny
If you read Love Rugby League, they have just pinched stories from the RL press.

It was nothing more than just mentioning Sale in passing than an actual link.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Dixie D
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dixie D » 30 May 2018, 22:50

He would be spat out of yawnion in no time, where will he play? No way is he a player to get stuck in and do the dirty work as a forward, and not agile enough as a back so hope for his careers sake that's not his plan.
More than likely lazy journalism linking the fact he is southern to wanting to play RU.

PSTiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by PSTiger » 30 May 2018, 23:30

Dixie D wrote:He would be spat out of yawnion in no time, where will he play? No way is he a player to get stuck in and do the dirty work as a forward, and not agile enough as a back so hope for his careers sake that's not his plan.
More than likely lazy journalism linking the fact he is southern to wanting to play RU.
If anything he’ll go to NZ Warriors where his brother is in charge of recruitment I believe

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 31 May 2018, 07:07

If I'm remembering correctly David McMeeken is some kinda talent developer for the entire New Zealand Rugby league not just the Warriors. Remember them both meeting up when Mike was in Australia for the world cup.

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 31 May 2018, 07:18

Would probably earn a decent wage and test himself in the NRL.
Unless they have a desperate need to try Union or stay in the country I'd imagine most self respecting League player would chance their arm down under