Realistic signings possibilities.

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Realistic signings possibilities.

Post by Casmoley » 16 May 2018, 18:01

HuddsTigers wrote:We have an option with Gill for a further two years.

Jon Wells is keen to have a Reserve Grade Team next season too. Can see him staying. Him and Egodo aren't included in the list either circulated to clubs, whereas Bustin is: https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/r ... ut-1565262

Suggests they've got new deals or they're already sorted elsewhere.

Bustin has definitely signed. Jy gave that away on his radio show. I personally think Gill and Egodo will stay. Hope Douglas does too. Webster / Jy / Milner all 50/50 at the moment, same with Clare I think it depends on who's available wether he stays or not.

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 16 May 2018, 18:18

Casmoley wrote:

Jon Wells is keen to have a Reserve Grade Team next season too. Can see him staying. Him and Egodo aren't included in the list either circulated to clubs, whereas Bustin is: https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/r ... ut-1565262

Bustin has definitely signed. Jy gave that away on his radio show. I personally think Gill and Egodo will stay. Hope Douglas does too. Webster / Jy / Milner all 50/50 at the moment, same with Clare I think it depends on who's available wether he stays or not.
I like both Jy and Clare but i'd show them the door. Sign Gill and Douglas for another year. Def give Tuoyo another contract too.

Bolton-tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bolton-tiger » 20 May 2018, 16:55

I think jy is abit unluky me.i like him as a player and he always steps up when called upon and does a sterling job everytime for us but the thing that goes against him is his quota spot that he takes up.without that people would say sign him up another year

Weareone

Post by Weareone » 22 May 2018, 18:29

]I put on Twitter that I think I can see us signing Tinirau Arona as a replacement for Milner if he goes.[/quote]
Strangely enough it doesn't appear that we're in any rush to re sign him, I personally think he's a cracking player and wouldn't let him go.[/quote]
He's a good player but using a quota spot for a player who might not make the 17 on a regular basis.[/quote]

I think he would start every week. Good defensively and covers for hooker. Straight swap. Settled player and local to us. Hey[/quote]
Maybe. I'd like to see oneill get a chance too see his potential first.[/quote]

If we offer him a new deal. Isn't he OOC? That being said, if he does stay he'll be in the squad and has every chance. Got to earn it, want it and fight for it though.[/quote]
Been told oneill been offered think this lad has earn a game maybe v hkr be a good test for him he been at cas 4 years needs a chance he is fight for it and def wants that chance if given one i can see him staying tough lad

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 22 May 2018, 19:40

Big fan of O'Neill. Hopefully we'll see him soon. He's a cracking prospect with absolute tons of potential and a sensible head on his shoulders. Think he'll pleasantly surprise people when he gets his chance.

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 23 May 2018, 12:02

Given that McShane has just signed a 5 year contract, never gets injured and consistently is one of our top players I reckon that he'll probably be the next club captain. So O'Neill is either going to have to be very patient, do a Milner and change position, or move on, be it dual reg. or maybe a season long loan elsewhere.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 23 May 2018, 12:03

Weareone wrote:]I put on Twitter that I think I can see us signing Tinirau Arona as a replacement for Milner if he goes.
Strangely enough it doesn't appear that we're in any rush to re sign him, I personally think he's a cracking player and wouldn't let him go.[/quote]
He's a good player but using a quota spot for a player who might not make the 17 on a regular basis.[/quote]

I think he would start every week. Good defensively and covers for hooker. Straight swap. Settled player and local to us. Hey[/quote]
Maybe. I'd like to see oneill get a chance too see his potential first.[/quote]

If we offer him a new deal. Isn't he OOC? That being said, if he does stay he'll be in the squad and has every chance. Got to earn it, want it and fight for it though.[/quote]
Been told oneill been offered think this lad has earn a game maybe v hkr be a good test for him he been at cas 4 years needs a chance he is fight for it and def wants that chance if given one i can see him staying tough lad[/quote]

I wouldn't sign arona on this years form. he seems to have gone backwards. on last years form I would have done. having said that macca wasn't breaking any pots at wakey and look what happened when he came here.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 23 May 2018, 12:33

Hope we can swap Ellis for someone before 3yra are up!
For evalds preferably :D
Audacter Et Sincere

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 23 May 2018, 13:06

Castiger2017
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Castiger2017 » 23 May 2018, 16:31

Mysterio wrote:Hope we can swap Ellis for someone before 3yra are up!
I’m not a fan of Ellis by any means but the more I see of evalds the more I think he is vastly overrated

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 28 May 2018, 12:02

Castiger2017 wrote:
I’m not a fan of Ellis by any means but the more I see of evalds the more I think he is vastly overrated
I agree actually.
But, I’d swap Ellis for nearly anyone
Audacter Et Sincere

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 28 May 2018, 12:03

REALLY hope we have a reserves comp.
Could we realistically have sponsors cover outlay?
Audacter Et Sincere

Castiger2017
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Castiger2017 » 28 May 2018, 18:19

Mysterio wrote:
Castiger2017 wrote:
I agree actually.
Ie tom Holmes

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 28 May 2018, 19:02

Mysterio wrote:
Castiger2017 wrote:
I agree actually.
Half a pack of out of date strong mints and an old fiver???

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 28 May 2018, 21:07

Castiger2017 wrote:
Mysterio wrote:
Castiger2017 wrote:
I agree actually.
Ie tom Holmes
I'd swap him for Tom Thumb based on last week's performance.

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 29 May 2018, 07:43

Think everyone just jumping on bandwagon with ellis, no hes not the best half in the world n cant carry a team on his own but hes more than capable of filling in on the odd occasion which is what we signed him for. We cant afford to have 4 luke gales in ya squad and as hes probably 3rd or 4th choice half back id say hes better than most other teams 3rd n 4th choice half back

I think he played well against leeds other week.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

princeka01
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by princeka01 » 29 May 2018, 11:13

Ellis i have no issue with, he has been steady away and tbh he hasn't had a bad game in a cas shirt this season... he arguably makes far less errors than roberts and gale and if we further compare him to roberts he will cost alot less, far less injury prone and a much better kicker with the added bonus he can also do goal kicks... what more do people want from a squad player?

.... this forum always looks for players to blame and Ellis shouldnt be one of them hes up there with the most consistent player we have atm

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 29 May 2018, 11:39

princeka01 wrote:Ellis i have no issue with, he has been steady away and tbh he hasn't had a bad game in a cas shirt this season... he arguably makes far less errors than roberts and gale and if we further compare him to roberts he will cost alot less, far less injury prone and a much better kicker with the added bonus he can also do goal kicks... what more do people want from a squad player?

.... this forum always looks for players to blame and Ellis shouldnt be one of them hes up there with the most consistent player we have atm
I agree with both above posts but, at present we have two half-backs who are defensively very poor. Saints' targeted young Jake, as they saw that as weak link in our defence, and Jamie gets wrong footed easily. Frustratingly as it is at present, can we afford two half-backs that can't defend,in their favour both up to it attack wise.

princeka01
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by princeka01 » 29 May 2018, 15:27

fast hands wrote:
princeka01 wrote:Ellis i have no issue with, he has been steady away and tbh he hasn't had a bad game in a cas shirt this season... he arguably makes far less errors than roberts and gale and if we further compare him to roberts he will cost alot less, far less injury prone and a much better kicker with the added bonus he can also do goal kicks... what more do people want from a squad player?

I agree with both above posts but, at present we have two half-backs who are defensively very poor. Saints' targeted young Jake, as they saw that as weak link in our defence, and Jamie gets wrong footed easily. Frustratingly as it is at present, can we afford two half-backs that can't defend,in their favour both up to it attack wise.
I disagree with the defensive comment on ellis.... gale and ellis have both played 10 games each and roberts has played 11 and of the 3 Ellis has the best defence with the fewest missed tackles

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 29 May 2018, 16:43

Facts dont count for anything on this forum
CLASSY CAS FOREVER