JSL

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
chesterfieldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

JSL

Post by chesterfieldtiger » 15 Apr 2018, 11:38

Bit surprised that no one has mentioned this already (unless I've missed it) but my mate at work who's a saints fan reckons that on their face book page it's been bantered about that he is Saints bound next season. Just wondered if anyone else has heard anything

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: JSL

Post by Fumper27 » 15 Apr 2018, 11:41

chesterfieldtiger wrote:Bit surprised that no one has mentioned this already (unless I've missed it) but my mate at work who's a saints fan reckons that on their face book page it's been bantered about that he is Saints bound next season. Just wondered if anyone else has heard anything
If he stays, great. If not he’s hardly the most difficult player to replace.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 15 Apr 2018, 11:41

Last time i heard owt there was some distance between what him or his agent wanted and what cas were offering ...cue new deal for big jessie
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 15 Apr 2018, 14:17

I love to see Jessie on the field but I stand by the club for not giving in to agents keep upping the prices of players , if he wants to move on I would be sorry to see him go , but money talks I hope he realises its not every thing

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 15 Apr 2018, 14:27

gateman wrote:I love to see Jessie on the field but I stand by the club for not giving in to agents keep upping the prices of players , if he wants to move on I would be sorry to see him go , but money talks I hope he realises its not every thing
This.

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 15 Apr 2018, 14:32

so much for Daryl rescuing him from being a night club doorman :roll:

scottiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by scottiger » 15 Apr 2018, 17:28

He's got to make what he can . He's not young . I'm sure if you got offered alot more money for doing the same job you'd take it . This isn't football it's not been greedy .
TM Out

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 15 Apr 2018, 17:36

Any rumour you hear is v likely to be agent provoked. How many times have we been involved on the other side of rumours where when the dust has settled Cas seem to have been used as leverage to negotiate a better deal?

takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by takethetwo » 15 Apr 2018, 18:19

Heard from a few different people he Saints bound .

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 15 Apr 2018, 18:24

scottiger wrote:He's got to make what he can . He's not young . I'm sure if you got offered alot more money for doing the same job you'd take it . This isn't football it's not been greedy .
This is pretty much what everyone is saying :roll: :roll:

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 15 Apr 2018, 18:38

If he is, he is.
Just because he’s a good bloke and a decent player doesn’t make him God. Let him go if he is taking the mick.
Audacter Et Sincere

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 15 Apr 2018, 18:44

gateman wrote:I love to see Jessie on the field but I stand by the club for not giving in to agents keep upping the prices of players , if he wants to move on I would be sorry to see him go , but money talks I hope he realises its not every thing
Maybe he should have a word with Stenton before moving to Saints

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 15 Apr 2018, 19:15

fords wrote:
He seemed in a great and happy mood before game, laughing and joking with Eden in main stand concourse. Happy to talk to a few fans and looking forward to getting back playing.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 15 Apr 2018, 20:41

fords wrote:
Is that Ian Stenton? Don’t remember him going to Saints

Andrew6666
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Andrew6666 » 15 Apr 2018, 22:49

Whilst JSL is a great player, if Foster was an Islander we would be raving about him. If he wants to go I think we have a ready made replacement so wouldn't be too bothered. I would imagine Foster is on a lot less too.

corvusxiii
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by corvusxiii » 15 Apr 2018, 23:12

All this. He's a stand in prop and we've plenty of second rowers. He is as super as they come but if you were holding the purse strings then what do you do? Who do you release? Who don't you buý? Tricky.....
To finish last in the Tour de France, first you must finish.

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 16 Apr 2018, 01:13

As said. Think he could be the one we have to let go in order to keep everyone else. Watts, Millo, Moors, Massey front row. Holmes, McMeeken, Wardle, Foster, Adz back row.

I'd imagine that when we signed Jesse he was reasonably priced, difficult to see how we could give him the big contract that his agent's undoubtedly looking for.

If he does have to move on, thanks for a great 2017 Jesse.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 16 Apr 2018, 07:58

Tamworth Tiger wrote:
fords wrote:
Is that Ian Stenton? Don’t remember him going to Saints
Bloody predictive text. Shenton he's probably best speaking to :D

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 16 Apr 2018, 07:59

Spanishtiger wrote:As said. Think he could be the one we have to let go in order to keep everyone else. Watts, Millo, Moors, Massey front row. Holmes, McMeeken, Wardle, Foster, Adz back row.

I'd imagine that when we signed Jesse he was reasonably priced, difficult to see how we could give him the big contract that his agent's undoubtedly looking for.

and Springer, Maher, Douglas

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 16 Apr 2018, 08:00

fords wrote:
Spanishtiger wrote:As said. Think he could be the one we have to let go in order to keep everyone else. Watts, Millo, Moors, Massey front row. Holmes, McMeeken, Wardle, Foster, Adz back row.

and Springer, Maher, Douglas
and Cook