Jowitt on loan

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Jowitt on loan

Post by fast hands » 08 Feb 2018, 15:51

Ok here goes, seeing it is the rumour mill, Castleford could have Lo from Sheffield as long as Aston came. A few clubs allegedly wanted to sign Lo but Castleford were the front runners as long as young Aston was included. My own opinion Lo has got to prove he is good enough for Super League, not like someone said to me this morning Lo will take Roberts place because he is better. That's with just listening to gossip.

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 08 Feb 2018, 15:58

fast hands wrote:Ok here goes, seeing it is the rumour mill, Castleford could have Lo from Sheffield as long as Aston came. A few clubs allegedly wanted to sign Lo but Castleford were the front runners as long as young Aston was included. My own opinion Lo has got to prove he is good enough for Super League, not like someone said to me this morning Lo will take Roberts place because he is better. That's with just listening to gossip.
I can see a glaring error with that rumour. Aston was a Leeds player not an Eagles player...

StevieTheTV
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by StevieTheTV » 08 Feb 2018, 16:07

Part of what i heard is that DP had lined up a prop who performed incredibly well at the WC only for the deal to be kyboshed by SG in favour of signing Clare and Aston.

There is more but im not being an "in the know" guy or attention seeking, I just dont feel comfortable saying it on here when it affects peoples livelihoods.

**If its true, it will all come out in the next couple of weeks anyway**
Tigers for Life! Not just for SuperLeague!!

Tawera Nikau = Legend

viva brad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by viva brad » 08 Feb 2018, 16:10

KB80 wrote:
fast hands wrote:Ok here goes, seeing it is the rumour mill, Castleford could have Lo from Sheffield as long as Aston came. A few clubs allegedly wanted to sign Lo but Castleford were the front runners as long as young Aston was included. My own opinion Lo has got to prove he is good enough for Super League, not like someone said to me this morning Lo will take Roberts place because he is better. That's with just listening to gossip.
I can see a glaring error with that rumour. Aston was a Leeds player not an Eagles player...
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

a prime example of why we should take a lot of the stuff that comes out with a pinch of salt. People put two and two together and come up with 6

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 08 Feb 2018, 16:12

StevieTheTV wrote:Part of what i heard is that DP had lined up a prop who performed incredibly well at the WC only for the deal to be kyboshed by SG in favour of signing Clare and Aston.

There is more but im not being an "in the know" guy or attention seeking, I just dont feel comfortable saying it on here when it affects peoples livelihoods.

If that’s the case SG as to go for me

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 08 Feb 2018, 16:16

KB80 wrote:

Correct, my mistake saying included, but Aston senior was the go between and wanted an old pals favour, allegedly, and I know it is more likely a load of bull.

Tigerwood posse
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: no

Post by Tigerwood posse » 08 Feb 2018, 18:42

There must be some truth in this, i mean, come on!!! ...........what is the point of Aston being at the club, he will never be good enough for the first team!! surely.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 08 Feb 2018, 18:46

When we signed Aston I said to my Dad 'Powell doing his old mate a favour there then'. It was only said in jest, I hope it doesn't turn out to be true. Many a true word said in jest I suppose

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 08 Feb 2018, 20:26

If one of two had to go who would you choose to stay?

Daryl Powell or Steve Gill?

Watch this space folks.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 08 Feb 2018, 20:29

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:If one of two had to go who would you choose to stay?

Watch this space folks.
Depends on the circumstance. Don’t want either to go. If, and its a big if, its true that DP wanted a prop and SG over ruled then only one choice. Let’s just hope everything is just stupid rumours

lidds
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by lidds » 08 Feb 2018, 20:30

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:If one of two had to go who would you choose to stay?

Watch this space folks.
What do you know...... Well both have been the best things to happen to the club in last 5 years, so a pint and make up? Haha

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 08 Feb 2018, 20:52

fast hands wrote:
KB80 wrote:

Correct, my mistake saying included, but Aston senior was the go between and wanted an old pals favour, allegedly, and I know it is more likely a load of bull.
On the face of it it has some merit as I can't see for the life of me why we need Aston or what he is going to bring to the party.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 08 Feb 2018, 20:53

StevieTheTV wrote:Part of what i heard is that DP had lined up a prop who performed incredibly well at the WC only for the deal to be kyboshed by SG in favour of signing Clare and Aston.

Why will it all come out. One of them leaving?

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 08 Feb 2018, 20:57

fast hands wrote:
KB80 wrote:

But somewhere along the line Leeds will have had to agree to let him go. Why would they give a sh*t what mates deals are trying to be done.

Unless they just wanted rid cos he's pants

peter parker
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by peter parker » 08 Feb 2018, 23:11

Surely Aston was signed to replace Mclelland when he went to RU.
He won't be expensive. Put him in the system and see what happens. Decent half-backs are hard to come by. I don't have a problem with him at all.

Anyway, back to Jowitt...

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 08 Feb 2018, 23:13

fast hands wrote:
KB80 wrote:

I don't buy that one mate.

Firstly surely Cas wouldn't be that weak in negotiations it would basically means we are overpaying for Lo by Astons salary.

Secondly, why would Aston want to come? As a player you just wouldn't want to be foisted on a club with little prospect of playing.

Lelo77

Post by Lelo77 » 08 Feb 2018, 23:43

Jowitt loan off MC put a last minute stop to it

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 09 Feb 2018, 10:56

Lelo77 wrote:Jowitt loan off MC put a last minute stop to it
Great news if true.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 09 Feb 2018, 11:14

If you read their forum, mc has said that it was a rumour on the site and nothing more.