Hardaker

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
Spanishtiger
Verified

Re: Hardaker

Post by Spanishtiger » 18 Feb 2018, 23:16

HuddsTigers wrote:Didn’t know players were taxable products?
As a VAT registered business trading with another VAT registered business, yes tax is payable but is then claimed back against VAT owing to HMRC from income at the end of the business year. Unless things have changed and the VAT man wants less than he did 20 years ago, (unlikely).

So as far as I understand, yes we would pay VAT on hardaker's transfer fee (about £30k on £150,000 if that was the figure) but would be able to claim it back at the end of the tax year so no extra cost to us. Leeds would receive that £30k but have to give it to HMRC at the end of the tax year so no extra gain for them.

Another example of how all western governments use every opportunity to gain income. In this case as it's between 2 businesses the net gain all round is nothing, however if you or I were to purchase Zak Hardaker's playing contract we would be shafted for an extra 30 grand that we'd never see again.

](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Distant tiger.

Post by Distant tiger. » 18 Feb 2018, 23:54

Any transfer fee paid in the uk by any sporting club to another has to pay 20% VAT on the fee which is non refundable.
If you sign a player from a club in the EU the fee is not subject to VAT, this is why so many Premiership Football Clubs sign players from the EU and not the UK.
Recently Chelsea signed an Everton player for £15m pounds and it was claimed they had signed him below market value but it was proved after add-ons and tax they hadn't.

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 19 Feb 2018, 00:40

Football clubs have a special rate of tax they don’t pay the full amount. It has been this way since the 1970s

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 19 Feb 2018, 11:25

Removed from is Twitter that he plays for Cas bye bye Zak

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 19 Feb 2018, 11:38

Mucky1978 wrote:Removed from is Twitter that he plays for Cas bye bye Zak
True.
Absolute and utter lunacy. Club angering me more than I can put into words.
Audacter Et Sincere

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 19 Feb 2018, 11:42

Mysterio wrote:
True.
Absolute and utter lunacy. Club angering me more than I can put into words.
150k down drain and no replacement Classic Cas

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 19 Feb 2018, 12:08

Sue him.
Audacter Et Sincere

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 19 Feb 2018, 12:51

They think its all over......
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 19 Feb 2018, 13:07

If we haven't tried to recoup some of the money we sent to Leeds for Hardaker then those responsible should resign.

Calamitous on a grand scale. Hit in the pocket & clearly effected team morale. So if its true when are our glorious leaders going to announce this?

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 19 Feb 2018, 13:15

whenever they do announce it as with when they announce gill leaving i will will be surprised if it says much,the attitude down there is least we say people may not find out the truth,maybe someone will man up and have the balls to say whats really going on but i wont hold my breath
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 19 Feb 2018, 13:30

If he as gone which sounds likely surely that frees up some cap space to try n sign someone else

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 19 Feb 2018, 13:42

Scoopage wrote:If he as gone which sounds likely surely that frees up some cap space to try n sign someone else
Do you seriously think they will look anywhere other than the bargain bucket as a replacement?, anything close to Hardakers quality will be already signed up elsewhere!. Beside's we will have a gaping £150k hole in the budget to fill,which the board will probably pass on to us next season.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 19 Feb 2018, 14:11

Oh dear, its all gone pete tong

So can we assume

Zak has been pushed out by somebody (cough gill cough)

DP not happy

Gill now pushed out

Be interesting to see whats comes out but as before it will be very little and no futher comment to be made by the club

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 19 Feb 2018, 15:08

duke street 10 wrote:If we haven't tried to recoup some of the money we sent to Leeds for Hardaker then those responsible should resign.

Calamitous on a grand scale. Hit in the pocket & clearly effected team morale. So if its true when are our glorious leaders going to announce this?
Firstly, we may have recouped some money (if of course he has gone).
However, there is of course another financial side to this:
Nobody knows the details of Hardaker’s contract. If his contract doesn’t have a clause that he would not be paid during a WADA suspension, we would be paying his salary for two years when he can’t play.
If he’s on £100k a year, it will be nearer a £125k/year dowt to the club with NI contributions etc.
Over two years, that’s £250k spent on a player not eligible to play.
The club may have decided that we are better to release him now and lose the £150k we paid as a transfer fee, rather than lose £400k if we pay him for the next two years (£150k fee plus two years salary).
If I had the choice of losing £150k or £400k, I know what I’d do.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 19 Feb 2018, 15:23

nottinghamtiger wrote:
duke street 10 wrote:If we haven't tried to recoup some of the money we sent to Leeds for Hardaker then those responsible should resign.

Nobody knows the details of Hardaker’s contract. If his contract doesn’t have a clause that he would not be paid during a WADA suspension, we would be paying his salary for two years when he can’t play.
If he’s on £100k a year, it will be nearer a £125k/year dowt to the club with NI contributions etc.
The club may have decided that we are better to release him now and lose the £150k we paid as a transfer fee, rather than lose £400k if we pay him for the next two years (£150k fee plus two years salary).
Don't agree

We'd not have paid him at all. Why should we?

I'd bloody sue him now for the fee (or similar)

If that's grasping at straws fair enough - but for the club to lose the PLAYER never mind the player AND £150k it is beyond my level of comprehension as to how a club could be so dumb and lame. It's the actions of someone with a very very very low IQ. If that is what steve gill has dove I am disgusted with him

Truly disgusted

Unless he's had a breakdown and it's the actions of an ill person. In which case I would be sorry

However UNTIL THE CLUB TELL THE TRUTH I won't kni

I AM SURPRISED DARYL HASNT WALKED OUT. How can he build a title winning team with Alan Partridge steering the ship

Isn't anyone else disgusted
Audacter Et Sincere

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 19 Feb 2018, 15:35

Only a question, but if Cas are still paying him 10 grand a month why is he working elsewhere ???

lidds
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by lidds » 19 Feb 2018, 15:59

Mysterio wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:

Don't agree

If that's grasping at straws fair enough - but for the club to lose the PLAYER never mind the player AND £150k it is beyond my level of comprehension as to how a club could be so dumb and lame. It's the actions of someone with a very very very low IQ. If that is what steve gill has dove I am disgusted with him

Truly disgusted

Unless he's had a breakdown and it's the actions of an ill person. In which case I would be sorry

I AM SURPRISED DARYL HASNT WALKED OUT. How can he build a title winning team with Alan Partridge steering the ship

Mysterio can you ever write a post without having random words in capital letters?

Hopefully this will be resolved soon, and everyone can move on, there does seem to be a fair bit too much smoke without fire in this situation (Wigan rumour)

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 19 Feb 2018, 16:07

Mysterio wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:

Don't agree

Truly disgusted

Unless his contract says he doesn’t get paid during a WADA suspension, as soon as we stop paying him his contract is terminated. It may be his fault, but it’s why employees are paid during periods of suspension. You can’t force someone to honour a contract but refuse to pay them.
Most sports contracts have a clause that payment is not made during WADA suspensions, but the contract is ‘active’ again at the end of the suspension. If Zak had the proper clause in his contract, he wouldn’t be paid during his suspension but would return to the agreed contract once he is eligible to play again. However, if we don’t have that clause then we either pay him full salary throughout his suspension or stop paying him and let him walk.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 19 Feb 2018, 16:37

nottinghamtiger wrote:
Mysterio wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:

Don't agree

Truly disgusted

Unless his contract says he doesn’t get paid during a WADA suspension, as soon as we stop paying him his contract is terminated. It may be his fault, but it’s why employees are paid during periods of suspension. You can’t force someone to honour a contract but refuse to pay them.
Most sports contracts have a clause that payment is not made during WADA suspensions, but the contract is ‘active’ again at the end of the suspension. If Zak had the proper clause in his contract, he wouldn’t be paid during his suspension but would return to the agreed contract once he is eligible to play again. However, if we don’t have that clause then we either pay him full salary throughout his suspension or stop paying him and let him walk.
What a world we live in!! The bloke is suspended and unable to do his job so shouldn't get a penny!

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 19 Feb 2018, 16:42

derbystiger wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:
Mysterio wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:

Don't agree

Truly disgusted

What a world we live in!! The bloke is suspended and unable to do his job so shouldn't get a penny!
Unless he has a specific clause in his contract that allows us not to pay him, employers simply can’t refuse to pay someone and consider their contract still to be in force.
You either pay him and maintain his contract of employment or you don’t pay him and by doing so end his contract.