Hardaker

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
Spanishtiger
Verified

Re: Hardaker

Post by Spanishtiger » 19 Feb 2018, 15:35

Only a question, but if Cas are still paying him 10 grand a month why is he working elsewhere ???

lidds
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by lidds » 19 Feb 2018, 15:59

Mysterio wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:
duke street 10 wrote:If we haven't tried to recoup some of the money we sent to Leeds for Hardaker then those responsible should resign.

Calamitous on a grand scale. Hit in the pocket & clearly effected team morale. So if its true when are our glorious leaders going to announce this?
Firstly, we may have recouped some money (if of course he has gone).
However, there is of course another financial side to this:
Nobody knows the details of Hardaker’s contract. If his contract doesn’t have a clause that he would not be paid during a WADA suspension, we would be paying his salary for two years when he can’t play.
If he’s on £100k a year, it will be nearer a £125k/year dowt to the club with NI contributions etc.
Over two years, that’s £250k spent on a player not eligible to play.
The club may have decided that we are better to release him now and lose the £150k we paid as a transfer fee, rather than lose £400k if we pay him for the next two years (£150k fee plus two years salary).
If I had the choice of losing £150k or £400k, I know what I’d do.
Don't agree

We'd not have paid him at all. Why should we?

I'd bloody sue him now for the fee (or similar)

If that's grasping at straws fair enough - but for the club to lose the PLAYER never mind the player AND £150k it is beyond my level of comprehension as to how a club could be so dumb and lame. It's the actions of someone with a very very very low IQ. If that is what steve gill has dove I am disgusted with him

Truly disgusted

Unless he's had a breakdown and it's the actions of an ill person. In which case I would be sorry

However UNTIL THE CLUB TELL THE TRUTH I won't kni

I AM SURPRISED DARYL HASNT WALKED OUT. How can he build a title winning team with Alan Partridge steering the ship

Isn't anyone else disgusted
Mysterio can you ever write a post without having random words in capital letters?

Hopefully this will be resolved soon, and everyone can move on, there does seem to be a fair bit too much smoke without fire in this situation (Wigan rumour)

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 19 Feb 2018, 16:07

Mysterio wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:
duke street 10 wrote:If we haven't tried to recoup some of the money we sent to Leeds for Hardaker then those responsible should resign.

Calamitous on a grand scale. Hit in the pocket & clearly effected team morale. So if its true when are our glorious leaders going to announce this?
Nobody knows the details of Hardaker’s contract. If his contract doesn’t have a clause that he would not be paid during a WADA suspension, we would be paying his salary for two years when he can’t play.
If he’s on £100k a year, it will be nearer a £125k/year dowt to the club with NI contributions etc.
The club may have decided that we are better to release him now and lose the £150k we paid as a transfer fee, rather than lose £400k if we pay him for the next two years (£150k fee plus two years salary).
Don't agree

If that's grasping at straws fair enough - but for the club to lose the PLAYER never mind the player AND £150k it is beyond my level of comprehension as to how a club could be so dumb and lame. It's the actions of someone with a very very very low IQ. If that is what steve gill has dove I am disgusted with him

Truly disgusted

Unless he's had a breakdown and it's the actions of an ill person. In which case I would be sorry

I AM SURPRISED DARYL HASNT WALKED OUT. How can he build a title winning team with Alan Partridge steering the ship

Unless his contract says he doesn’t get paid during a WADA suspension, as soon as we stop paying him his contract is terminated. It may be his fault, but it’s why employees are paid during periods of suspension. You can’t force someone to honour a contract but refuse to pay them.
Most sports contracts have a clause that payment is not made during WADA suspensions, but the contract is ‘active’ again at the end of the suspension. If Zak had the proper clause in his contract, he wouldn’t be paid during his suspension but would return to the agreed contract once he is eligible to play again. However, if we don’t have that clause then we either pay him full salary throughout his suspension or stop paying him and let him walk.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 19 Feb 2018, 16:37

nottinghamtiger wrote:
Mysterio wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:

Don't agree

Truly disgusted

Unless his contract says he doesn’t get paid during a WADA suspension, as soon as we stop paying him his contract is terminated. It may be his fault, but it’s why employees are paid during periods of suspension. You can’t force someone to honour a contract but refuse to pay them.
Most sports contracts have a clause that payment is not made during WADA suspensions, but the contract is ‘active’ again at the end of the suspension. If Zak had the proper clause in his contract, he wouldn’t be paid during his suspension but would return to the agreed contract once he is eligible to play again. However, if we don’t have that clause then we either pay him full salary throughout his suspension or stop paying him and let him walk.
What a world we live in!! The bloke is suspended and unable to do his job so shouldn't get a penny!

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 19 Feb 2018, 16:42

derbystiger wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:
Mysterio wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:

Don't agree

Truly disgusted

What a world we live in!! The bloke is suspended and unable to do his job so shouldn't get a penny!
Unless he has a specific clause in his contract that allows us not to pay him, employers simply can’t refuse to pay someone and consider their contract still to be in force.
You either pay him and maintain his contract of employment or you don’t pay him and by doing so end his contract.

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 19 Feb 2018, 17:16

Wasn't it established long ago that a player under suspension from WADA would not be entitled to payment from his employers.
If we have allowed Hardakaker to leave for nothing when he is under contracrt for the next 4 years then the lunatics have taken over the asylem.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 19 Feb 2018, 17:25

Sharlotiger wrote:Wasn't it established long ago that a player under suspension from WADA would not be entitled to payment from his employers.
If we have allowed Hardakaker to leave for nothing when he is under contracrt for the next 4 years then the lunatics have taken over the asylem.
I think it was agreed this type of clause could be included in a contract and be considered a ‘reasonable’ clause given the nature of the employment.
Still have to have the clause in his contract though.

westerbeast
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast » 19 Feb 2018, 17:57

IF he as signed for Wigan it wouldn't surprise me if he gets off with the ban. Can't believe Cas have got rid before he as actually been given a ban ](*,)

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 19 Feb 2018, 18:17

Why is the ban announcement taking so long, its a complete joke.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 19 Feb 2018, 18:38

Hardaker suspended not banned so any unsolicited approach as l assume is still a Cas contracted player would be met with the same approach adopted against Sale which provided the money for Zac and change to spare, this was done with dignity and professionalism by the same inept Steve Gill !will the man never learn ?
I would be surprised if anyone would want to risk such a penalty.
If the lad wants to go so be it pointless keeping so he could ferment unrest .
If he is banned and this nullifies he contract not a lot can be done about it.
Thank him for his services and the contribution he made to our most successful and exciting league season.
Dust ourselves down and get on with iit

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 19 Feb 2018, 18:42

Here's what I hear;

ALLEDGEDLY :

- Hardaker was sacked by Gill and then offered a 60k per year deal until his ban expired

- Zak signed for Wigan at 150k per year in the meantime

- His ban will now be even less than first case best scenario.

- Wigan signed a free player who had been sacked and released

This is truly disgraceful if it is true.

I am also not surprised to hear DP considered his position.

I am also not surprised to hear that Gill has been sacked by the board.

Whether Gill was a business man or not, a teenage child would not have made the mistake of us had done up like a kipper on this one.

We move onto Wigan, again, who clearly have although done nothing wrong officially, have pulled our pants down. I would not be surprised at all to hear that Andy Clarke was quick to pass any details he heard of Gill's handling error to Lenagan and Wane too.

The whole thing needs looking at by the RFL if you ask me.

Finally, Zak has not only let us all down twice now, he has betrayed us standing by him.

Lots to digest.
Audacter Et Sincere

westerbeast
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast » 19 Feb 2018, 18:44

Yes but he as not been banned yet ???

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 19 Feb 2018, 18:46

westerbeast wrote:Yes but he as not been banned yet ???
Makes it even worse, Gill sacking him before a ban was announced to probably save a couple of months full salary perhaps.
Audacter Et Sincere

westerbeast
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast » 19 Feb 2018, 18:48

IF that's the case I can only assume Gill was not well mentally when he made his decisions.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 19 Feb 2018, 18:54

westerbeast wrote:IF that's the case I can only assume Gill was not well mentally when he made his decisions.
You'd have thought he'd have told IF or MG it was too much or complex to handle; he never failed to raise the alarm if he wasn't feeling well.

It's nothing to do with illness - it's plain and simple incompetence. Let's be clear.

IF that is what happened.
Audacter Et Sincere

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 19 Feb 2018, 18:56

So basically, you're hearing a rumour. No evidence to qualify it. Claiming incompetence and destroying a man's credibility without a shred of truth?

I despair.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 19 Feb 2018, 18:56

I'd still thank him for his stewardship. You'd take where we are now in a heartbeat over what we had pre SG.

Just a shame for us all.
Audacter Et Sincere

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 19 Feb 2018, 19:03

HuddsTigers wrote:So basically, you're hearing a rumour. No evidence to qualify it. Claiming incompetence and destroying a man's credibility without a shred of truth?

I despair.
I am on a rumour forum, describing an alleged rumour doing the rounds with many people.
I never said it was true - you are the one bringing that phrase into the thread.

If it is true it IS incompetent. Are you denying that?

I don't know who you think you are talking down to me pal. I'm not the one destroying anybody's credibility either, you are again the one saying that.

I've said as many others would say, we'd never swap what we have right now over what we had pre SG. It's a pity if this rumour is indeed accurate it's an horrendous blunder.

The buck stops with Zak for mine - he's agreed to be lured and took advantage of a drug ban (if true)
Audacter Et Sincere

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 19 Feb 2018, 19:08

Calling someone incompetent when you're NOT in possession of any facts and there could be no truth in it either, is destroying someone's credibility

How would you like me calling you incompetent at your job when I don't even know how you work or what's happened at your work? Grossly unfair.

You've posted a rumour - fine, leave it at that. For people to even comment on illness or incompetence is really unfair. There's no facts to support what you've said and you're posting as if it's true.

At this moment in time, we have a couple of news articles from questionable journalists about a proposed move, and a couple of people on here saying what they've heard. There's nothing to substantiate any of it, including Cas sacking him, a ban detailing his length of ban or anything from the club about Hardaker's situation.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 19 Feb 2018, 19:51

This is the rumour section where rumours are posted and commented on.
That in my opinion does not give licence to questioning peoples abilities, competence ,health or wellbeing.
Stick to the rumour and if you feel the world will be a better place for cyber bullying, derisions and character assassination please make sure your are in possession of the facts.
But personally l really dislike such behaviour whether based on fact, rumour or prejudice.
God it's been a long time between games.
Bye bye must go beer to serve.