Jamie Ellis has signed on

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Jamie Ellis has signed on

Post by Mysterio » 19 Oct 2017, 09:14

Can't imagine Ellis being on more than t Holmes & Rangi combined. Trueman & McClelland will be on junior wages for now too. So we actually may well have profited.

Who knows.
Audacter Et Sincere

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 19 Oct 2017, 09:53

There is to much of a gap between gale/Roberts to Trueman /mclleland. Tom Holmes was in between but is not half the player ellis is. Jamie has performed well at championship level and had many sl games under his belt. An astute signing for me and not on mega bucks.

LeagueLeaders
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by LeagueLeaders » 19 Oct 2017, 16:58

If we have loads left in our salary cap then he isnt a bad signing but if we are far into it then I dont think he was a good choice. Does anybody know how far into the salary cap we are?

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 19 Oct 2017, 17:10

LeagueLeaders wrote:Does anybody know how far into the salary cap we are?
No but everyone will have a guess!!

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 19 Oct 2017, 17:51

mart0042 wrote:There is to much of a gap between gale/Roberts to Trueman /mclleland. Tom Holmes was in between but is not half the player ellis is. Jamie has performed well at championship level and had many sl games under his belt. An astute signing for me and not on mega bucks.
Trueman is clearly well thought of but this actually gives him an opportunity to go test himself out against men week in, week out at Championship level.

We're looking to be partnering with Halifax so could we see him on a season-long loan with return clause, along with the likes of Gill, Maher and Egodo on dual reg?
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 19 Oct 2017, 20:00

The game against wigan trueman played the tackles were flying in he never looked out of place the following game against hull must have been a nightmare for him with most of our forwards going thru the motions its fine sending people out to championship sides im i not saying play him every week but at some point you have to give youngsters with the talent i believe this lads got a chance and see what they can do
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 19 Oct 2017, 21:36

HuddsTigers wrote:
mart0042 wrote:There is to much of a gap between gale/Roberts to Trueman /mclleland. Tom Holmes was in between but is not half the player ellis is. Jamie has performed well at championship level and had many sl games under his belt. An astute signing for me and not on mega bucks.
Trueman is clearly well thought of but this actually gives him an opportunity to go test himself out against men week in, week out at Championship level.

We're looking to be partnering with Halifax so could we see him on a season-long loan with return clause, along with the likes of Gill, Maher and Egodo on dual reg?

All our young first teamers need to go out and learn there trade in the lower leagues on duel reg and I'm confident that's what will happen including for some of our older u19s. I know the two clubs we are looking at working with and they are ideal for our players and both progressive clubs with good environments.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 19 Oct 2017, 22:53

I wish you and hudds would stop talking sense, you're making us a laughing stock.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 20 Oct 2017, 01:55

lurcher wrote:I wish you and hudds would stop talking sense, you're making us a laughing stock.
LOL

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 20 Oct 2017, 08:29

Wigan dont seem to have a problem throwing there 18 year olds in lol all you like but signing someone like ellis is going to limit jacob truemans oppertunity but thats just me
Vince Lombardi

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 20 Oct 2017, 08:47

When was last time someone came all the way through the ranks was it daz clark being my point
Vince Lombardi

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 20 Oct 2017, 13:48

Dint Milner come through ranks also both Holmes, Massey?
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 20 Oct 2017, 13:59

Arundel as well but he left for better things.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 20 Oct 2017, 14:12

Ben Reynolds?

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 20 Oct 2017, 15:24

tigerfeat wrote:When was last time someone came all the way through the ranks was it daz clark being my point

Yes Clarke was the last academy graduate to become a regular first teamer. Since then there hasn't been one. Squad players like Maher and Tom Holmes are the closest you get. I would love to see a Mcelland/Turner/Johnson come through the academy, earn a 1-13 squad number and be a firm Cas favourite for 10+ years.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 20 Oct 2017, 15:37

Id just like to see young players given a chance sometimes ,suppose if there good enough in the end theyl make it
Vince Lombardi

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 20 Oct 2017, 16:32

Casmoley wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:When was last time someone came all the way through the ranks was it daz clark being my point

Yes Clarke was the last academy graduate to become a regular first teamer. Since then there hasn't been one. Squad players like Maher and Tom Holmes are the closest you get. I would love to see a Mcelland/Turner/Johnson come through the academy, earn a 1-13 squad number and be a firm Cas favourite for 10+ years.
Tbf I've watched the 19s for a lot of years and it's no surprise we haven't had many graduates to the first team has we weren't attracting the best youngsters. That's slowly changed and next season marks the first group of players "year 3s" of a new approach under Pete riding. I feel we've a few more than just the 3 players mentioned with a chance of going all the way. Funny how it's always the show me the money lads that get bigged up,nothing wrong with that but sometimes it's those that go under the radar that work out.

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 20 Oct 2017, 16:49

braytontiger wrote:
Casmoley wrote:

Tbf I've watched the 19s for a lot of years and it's no surprise we haven't had many graduates to the first team has we weren't attracting the best youngsters. That's slowly changed and next season marks the first group of players "year 3s" of a new approach under Pete riding. I feel we've a few more than just the 3 players mentioned with a chance of going all the way. Funny how it's always the show me the money lads that get bigged up,nothing wrong with that but sometimes it's those that go under the radar that work out.

Agree. Some quality players in the 19s including Storey. Trueman, O'Neil. I'd be chuffed to see even one young fella make it to be a first team regular in the next 2-3 years.

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 20 Oct 2017, 17:11

Casmoley wrote:
braytontiger wrote:
Casmoley wrote:

Agree. Some quality players in the 19s including Storey. Trueman, O'Neil. I'd be chuffed to see even one young fella make it to be a first team regular in the next 2-3 years.
Young josef fella has huge potential,he's had a bit of a bad time with injuries this year but he's got a great pair of hands for a big lad,I coached him has a junior both him and Jake sweeting are the natural footballers in the team with both capable of playing in a number of positions. Robbie storey has super league player written all over him and the young winger Lewis Carr is a great finisher with pace to burn and he will have a massive year for the 19s next season. All of the above are late developers either by birth/physically or mentally and it's those kind of players that can go unnoticed.

You get some lads that are outstanding at 16/18 but are clearly well developed. 2 perfect examples of this are the 2 Cas lads Morgan smith at Warrington and Cameron smith at Leeds both looked head and shoulders above anything around at 16 but now at 19/20 whilst they are both good players that gap between those and the rest has reduced dramatically.

Time will tell with them all but we have some very good players coming through our ranks across the board.

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 20 Oct 2017, 17:19

Jamal Goodall is a unit too. Played well for Jamaica last week also.