Jamie Ellis has signed on

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Jamie Ellis has signed on

Post by tigerfeat » 20 Oct 2017, 08:47

When was last time someone came all the way through the ranks was it daz clark being my point
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 20 Oct 2017, 13:48

Dint Milner come through ranks also both Holmes, Massey?
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 20 Oct 2017, 13:59

Arundel as well but he left for better things.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 20 Oct 2017, 14:12

Ben Reynolds?

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 20 Oct 2017, 15:24

tigerfeat wrote:When was last time someone came all the way through the ranks was it daz clark being my point

Yes Clarke was the last academy graduate to become a regular first teamer. Since then there hasn't been one. Squad players like Maher and Tom Holmes are the closest you get. I would love to see a Mcelland/Turner/Johnson come through the academy, earn a 1-13 squad number and be a firm Cas favourite for 10+ years.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 20 Oct 2017, 15:37

Id just like to see young players given a chance sometimes ,suppose if there good enough in the end theyl make it
Vince Lombardi

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 20 Oct 2017, 16:32

Casmoley wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:When was last time someone came all the way through the ranks was it daz clark being my point

Yes Clarke was the last academy graduate to become a regular first teamer. Since then there hasn't been one. Squad players like Maher and Tom Holmes are the closest you get. I would love to see a Mcelland/Turner/Johnson come through the academy, earn a 1-13 squad number and be a firm Cas favourite for 10+ years.
Tbf I've watched the 19s for a lot of years and it's no surprise we haven't had many graduates to the first team has we weren't attracting the best youngsters. That's slowly changed and next season marks the first group of players "year 3s" of a new approach under Pete riding. I feel we've a few more than just the 3 players mentioned with a chance of going all the way. Funny how it's always the show me the money lads that get bigged up,nothing wrong with that but sometimes it's those that go under the radar that work out.

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 20 Oct 2017, 16:49

braytontiger wrote:
Casmoley wrote:

Tbf I've watched the 19s for a lot of years and it's no surprise we haven't had many graduates to the first team has we weren't attracting the best youngsters. That's slowly changed and next season marks the first group of players "year 3s" of a new approach under Pete riding. I feel we've a few more than just the 3 players mentioned with a chance of going all the way. Funny how it's always the show me the money lads that get bigged up,nothing wrong with that but sometimes it's those that go under the radar that work out.

Agree. Some quality players in the 19s including Storey. Trueman, O'Neil. I'd be chuffed to see even one young fella make it to be a first team regular in the next 2-3 years.

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 20 Oct 2017, 17:11

Casmoley wrote:
braytontiger wrote:
Casmoley wrote:

Agree. Some quality players in the 19s including Storey. Trueman, O'Neil. I'd be chuffed to see even one young fella make it to be a first team regular in the next 2-3 years.
Young josef fella has huge potential,he's had a bit of a bad time with injuries this year but he's got a great pair of hands for a big lad,I coached him has a junior both him and Jake sweeting are the natural footballers in the team with both capable of playing in a number of positions. Robbie storey has super league player written all over him and the young winger Lewis Carr is a great finisher with pace to burn and he will have a massive year for the 19s next season. All of the above are late developers either by birth/physically or mentally and it's those kind of players that can go unnoticed.

You get some lads that are outstanding at 16/18 but are clearly well developed. 2 perfect examples of this are the 2 Cas lads Morgan smith at Warrington and Cameron smith at Leeds both looked head and shoulders above anything around at 16 but now at 19/20 whilst they are both good players that gap between those and the rest has reduced dramatically.

Time will tell with them all but we have some very good players coming through our ranks across the board.

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 20 Oct 2017, 17:19

Jamal Goodall is a unit too. Played well for Jamaica last week also.

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 20 Oct 2017, 17:52

Casmoley wrote:Jamal Goodall is a unit too. Played well for Jamaica last week also.
He's been released,all of last years year 3s were let go.i think personally it was more of a reflection of how well the younger lads had done than that the older lads weren't good enough. It's pretty cut throat but that's the nature of it but it's good to see quite a few lads have picked up clubs.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 20 Oct 2017, 18:07

It must be a tough job tell a young fella hes being let go they will have loved having a chance to run out with the first 19 one day
Vince Lombardi

Shareholder
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Shareholder » 20 Oct 2017, 18:23

braytontiger wrote:
Casmoley wrote:Jamal Goodall is a unit too. Played well for Jamaica last week also.
He's been released,all of last years year 3s were let go.i think personally it was more of a reflection of how well the younger lads had done than that the older lads weren't good enough. It's pretty cut throat but that's the nature of it but it's good to see quite a few lads have picked up clubs.
Thank you for all this information brayton , a very interesting read , and honest too

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 20 Oct 2017, 19:21

Shareholder wrote:
braytontiger wrote:
Thank you for all this information brayton , a very interesting read , and honest too
They really are a great bunch of lads,all honest has the days long and for those that it doesn't work out for will have a great work effic and team work that will put them in good stead for whatever route they take in life.if I was employing a young lad I wouldn't look beyond these lads I've the utmost respect for them all.