garry lo

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Re: garry lo

Post by mart0042 » 21 Sep 2017, 11:36

With monaghan and Larroyer confirmed as leaving early do need another back. Would like Ben crooks back but I guess that'll be down to Leigh staying in sl.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 21 Sep 2017, 17:44

Hearing he's sign a 2 yr deal.

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 21 Sep 2017, 18:06

old cas lass wrote:Hearing he's sign a 2 yr deal.

Keep up old cas lass i posted that 2 posts ago haha

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 21 Sep 2017, 18:08

Casmoley wrote:
old cas lass wrote:Hearing he's sign a 2 yr deal.

Keep up old cas lass i posted that 2 posts ago haha

Soz, didn't read it.
Been a long day......my excuse :D

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 22 Sep 2017, 09:18

I've also heard we've got him.
what doesn't kill me simply makes me...stranger.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 22 Sep 2017, 12:09

Done and dusted.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 22 Sep 2017, 12:24

DP rates him and has properly scouted him. We must have some real cap space available for the prop we need.

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 22 Sep 2017, 12:38

Jason Taumalolo......had enough of the 10yr $1m pa salary at the Cowboys (very very wishful thinking)

OffBeatRL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by OffBeatRL » 22 Sep 2017, 14:09

ERG2012 wrote:Jason Taumalolo......had enough of the 10yr $1m pa salary at the Cowboys (very very wishful thinking)
Yeah, heard he's had enough of Aus and has always wanted to small malt kilns on a drizzly Sunday afternoon.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 22 Sep 2017, 14:28

Swing Lo, Sweet Garry Lo.
Audacter Et Sincere

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 22 Sep 2017, 16:52

OffBeatRL wrote:
ERG2012 wrote:Jason Taumalolo......had enough of the 10yr $1m pa salary at the Cowboys (very very wishful thinking)
Yeah, heard he's had enough of Aus and has always wanted to small malt kilns on a drizzly Sunday afternoon.
He'll be lucky to get a game on a Sunday!

SWISS TONY!!
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SWISS TONY!! » 24 Sep 2017, 22:24

So I'm assuming Gary Lo, a png international is a player who is quota/non fed ? So that's a fringe player (hitchcox ) and a player that will probably loaned out most of the time next year at least as part of our overseas quota. Just think we aren't using them correctly. Not saying that Lo won't make a good player in the coming years but we have a lot of promise that needs work to prosper
Long Live The Monkey Munch!!!

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 24 Sep 2017, 22:31

SWISS TONY!! wrote:So I'm assuming Gary Lo, a png international is a player who is quota/non fed ? So that's a fringe player (hitchcox ) and a player that will probably loaned out most of the time next year at least as part of our overseas quota. Just think we aren't using them correctly. Not saying that Lo won't make a good player in the coming years but we have a lot of promise that needs work to prosper

Haven't you learnt yet it's all about who works for the team & culture. No point having 5 superstar quota players who don't care or fit into our style.

SWISS TONY!!
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SWISS TONY!! » 24 Sep 2017, 22:53

Casmoley wrote:
SWISS TONY!! wrote:So I'm assuming Gary Lo, a png international is a player who is quota/non fed ? So that's a fringe player (hitchcox ) and a player that will probably loaned out most of the time next year at least as part of our overseas quota. Just think we aren't using them correctly. Not saying that Lo won't make a good player in the coming years but we have a lot of promise that needs work to prosper

Haven't you learnt yet it's all about who works for the team & culture. No point having 5 superstar quota players who don't care or fit into our style.
It's not about having 5 superstar players. I just think the quota players should be first team regulars not someone who who might come good at some time during the year. I think Lo could turn out to be a good player and hitchcox has been a good back once back fit. I'll use JSL as an example, he's a good player who works his socks off but is an important player in the team and not someone who we're looking to come good in the future. Surely we can find non quota players who fit that bill
Long Live The Monkey Munch!!!

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 24 Sep 2017, 22:57

SWISS TONY!! wrote:
Casmoley wrote:

It's not about having 5 superstar players. I just think the quota players should be first team regulars not someone who who might come good at some time during the year. I think Lo could turn out to be a good player and hitchcox has been a good back once back fit. I'll use JSL as an example, he's a good player who works his socks off but is an important player in the team and not someone who we're looking to come good in the future. Surely we can find non quota players who fit that bill

Jesse,.junior, Millo, Benny all good enough for me.

Much worse quota players in the super league, in fact it's full of has been. I think Hull are probably the only ones who did a job on the quota apart from Michaels who was like Hitchcox.

Oldcasman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Oldcasman » 25 Sep 2017, 12:31

Got to agree we seem to by signing fringe players that are being loaned out when we should be signing players that can step up right away,I think the hull match showed how good the fringe players are, and as a example how long have we been persevering with Mayer I have yet to see him shine in any game I have watched that he has played in, 1 player out of 4 signed that will go straight into the team is not enough but then again it's only my opinion

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 25 Sep 2017, 12:51

The fringe players were all thrown in together so we're never really going to compete.a fringe player to me is someone who fills a place when a first teamer is missing.like jy Hitchcock,larryoer,foster(now a regular)trueman.and they haven't done too bad have they?my thoughts of the signings so far is that DP feels that lo,Clarke and especially wardle can push for first team opportunities and why not under his and his staffs coaching.fed up of hearing on here and social media the same things,Friday showed our fringe players aren't good enough,why haven't we signed him,why we signed him.we need this we need that.weve just won the league by 10 points and 80mins at home from old Trafford I've got a sneaky feeling DP might know what he's doing.

Oldcasman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Oldcasman » 25 Sep 2017, 13:15

Scoopage wrote:The fringe players were all thrown in together so we're never really going to compete.a fringe player to me is someone who fills a place when a first teamer is missing.like jy Hitchcock,larryoer,foster(now a regular)trueman.and they haven't done too bad have they?my thoughts of the signings so far is that DP feels that lo,Clarke and especially wardle can push for first team opportunities and why not under his and his staffs coaching.fed up of hearing on here and social media the same things,Friday showed our fringe players aren't good enough,why haven't we signed him,why we signed him.we need this we need that.weve just won the league by 10 points and 80mins at home from old Trafford I've got a sneaky feeling DP might know what he's doing.
If you don't like reading other people's views and opinions then don't read them but people are entitled to their views as you are yours, i remember last years injury list and I am afraid that if that happens again we are not going to have the players to step up and stop us sliding down the league again

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 25 Sep 2017, 13:26

Oldcasman wrote:
Scoopage wrote:The fringe players were all thrown in together so we're never really going to compete.a fringe player to me is someone who fills a place when a first teamer is missing.like jy Hitchcock,larryoer,foster(now a regular)trueman.and they haven't done too bad have they?my thoughts of the signings so far is that DP feels that lo,Clarke and especially wardle can push for first team opportunities and why not under his and his staffs coaching.fed up of hearing on here and social media the same things,Friday showed our fringe players aren't good enough,why haven't we signed him,why we signed him.we need this we need that.weve just won the league by 10 points and 80mins at home from old Trafford I've got a sneaky feeling DP might know what he's doing.
If you don't like reading other people's views and opinions then don't read them but people are entitled to their views as you are yours, i remember last years injury list and I am afraid that if that happens again we are not going to have the players to step up and stop us sliding down the league again
That injury list last season was a freak.what do people want a 26 man squad all of fantastic quality?it isn't going to happen.we have a cap to stay under.didnt mean to disrespect your opinion just don't know what people expect

Morrissey
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Morrissey » 25 Sep 2017, 14:08

In terms of salary, one thing I imagine we all forget is that some players have a sliding scale in their contract, or so I'm lead to believe. This means they earn more in their second and third year of a contract as it can help transition out high earners, which would bump up our salary cap a little I'm sure. I also would assume that we have increased the contracts for players who recently re-negotiated deals and extensions, such as Mike McMeeken and our previous "project players" who are now nearer to the "star player" category and will therefore be getting a fair bit more than their previous deal.

All that said, I'd really like to see one more top level, proven at the highest grade prop forward brought in, and then I'd be relatively happy with recruitment personally. But I do trust that what Daryl wants will be the right decision - I had doubts over this side before the season started, and he has proved me and anyone else wrong with the results so far!