Signing rumour...

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Signing rumour...

Post by takethetwo » 13 Jun 2017, 13:55

The Firm wrote:I'd take up the option on Larroyer, especially with doubts about Ollie Holmes. Tom Holmes replaces Chase, but if we we were to sign another half then i would go for a young one with potential like Joe Keyes. I like the idea of Evalds replacing Monners, can also cover fullback meaning Eden can stick to wing when Zak's not there. So just a prop to replace Lynch.
Think Evalds will only leave Salford to be a first choice FB .
Hes only getting game time at the minute due to Greg Johnson being injured and Carney leaving , which I doubt Salford planned on lol.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 13 Jun 2017, 16:07

The Firm wrote:I'd take up the option on Larroyer, especially with doubts about Ollie Holmes. Tom Holmes replaces Chase, but if we we were to sign another half then i would go for a young one with potential like Joe Keyes. I like the idea of Evalds replacing Monners, can also cover fullback meaning Eden can stick to wing when Zak's not there. So just a prop to replace Lynch.
What about the young lads we've already got at the club? Jake Trueman and Callum Mclelland??

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 13 Jun 2017, 16:43

Fumper27 wrote:
What about the young lads we've already got at the club? Jake Trueman and Callum Mclelland??
Absolutely no way we will sign a half back,weve invested heavily in young quality players that are showing their worth in the 19s,maybe if people bothered to watch them they would see we have a fair number that have got huge potential. They are probably the best bunch we've had since Adam Milner and darryl Clarke were playing alongside Ollie Holmes,matty Dawson,Greg Eden and joe arundel

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 13 Jun 2017, 18:56

Fumper27 wrote:
Personal opinion but they are a couple of years off regular superleague rugby yet. And Roberts turns 32 in a couple of weeks and doesn't exactly have a great injury record. I don't think we'll sign another halfback but there's a chance DP might want a little more cover with some first team experience. If so then someone a couple if years more advanced than what we already have coming through would be the way i'd go.

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 13 Jun 2017, 19:01

The Firm wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
Personal opinion but they are a couple of years off regular superleague rugby yet. And Roberts turns 32 in a couple of weeks and doesn't exactly have a great injury record. I don't think we'll sign another halfback but there's a chance DP might want a little more cover with some first team experience. If so then someone a couple if years more advanced than what we already have coming through would be the way i'd go.

DP will stick with LG, BR, TH, JT, CM with back up PM & GM

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 13 Jun 2017, 19:36

Casmoley wrote:
The Firm wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:

DP will stick with LG, BR, TH, JT, CM with back up PM & GM
A full pre season will do both trueman and mclelland a world of good,both are more than adequate back up but they arnt the only ones in the 19s that are capable of stepping up. At least 4/5 of the year 1s have the ability and have been playing regular rugby this year in a team that only a older Wigan team with a lot of first team experience have got the better of. On form we should have at least 5 academy internationals if it's a fair selection picked on form next year.

PSTiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by PSTiger » 13 Jun 2017, 19:57

Anyone think we need another hooker if Milner is going to 13 permanently?

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 13 Jun 2017, 20:00

PSTiger wrote:Anyone think we need another hooker if Milner is going to 13 permanently?

Again massive raps on two academy lads.. Luke Million & Jaques O'Neil. Plenty of cover for 13 if Milner has to step in at 9 also.

takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by takethetwo » 13 Jun 2017, 20:22

Did anybody see Alex Walmsley in Cas on Sunday ?
Not come from me , a saints fan has posted it .

Would love to get him but I think hes under contract until 2019 .

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 13 Jun 2017, 20:52

takethetwo wrote:Did anybody see Alex Walmsley in Cas on Sunday ?
Not come from me , a saints fan has posted it .

Would love to get him but I think hes under contract until 2019 .
wish youd not said made me look at saints board again lol ..sure enough first post i see "why would he join a mediocre side " and it would be like someone going from man utd to leicester " they think there the dogs (REMOVED) dont they
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Dazzyb
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dazzyb » 13 Jun 2017, 21:11

Heard we've signed wardle today anybody else heard this ?

PSTiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by PSTiger » 13 Jun 2017, 21:13

Dazzyb wrote:Heard we've signed wardle today anybody else heard this ?
Heard he's Warrington bound

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 13 Jun 2017, 21:50

Wardle would be a good signing. Warrington might be stuck in a position now of they can't really go hunting for players for next season because they don't know what league they'll be in.

onetiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by onetiger » 13 Jun 2017, 22:07

rumour doing rounds going to sign ashton simms till end of season

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 13 Jun 2017, 22:14

When is the deadline for signing players for this season???

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 13 Jun 2017, 23:33

Fumper27 wrote:When is the deadline for signing players for this season???
End of Rnd 23.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by takethetwo » 14 Jun 2017, 13:22

onetiger wrote:rumour doing rounds going to sign ashton simms till end of season
It does make sense if you think about it .
We are a bit light in the front row due to injuries and if Wire are serious about signing Hiku ? They might need to get Sims off the books regarding quota / non fed spot .
Think he could do a good job , just like Tickle did last year .

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 14 Jun 2017, 16:28

takethetwo wrote:
onetiger wrote:rumour doing rounds going to sign ashton simms till end of season
It does make sense if you think about it .
We are a bit light in the front row due to injuries and if Wire are serious about signing Hiku ? They might need to get Sims off the books regarding quota / non fed spot .
Think he could do a good job , just like Tickle did last year .
Wire certainly don't need Simms off the books regarding quota places as they only have Simms and Gidley from overseas. As a club they have been recruiting well in this country over the past few years .
Simms would be a great addition for us if there is any truth in this rumour with his big match experiance but would be surprised if it happened especially if Wire beat Wigan on saturday as he would only be 80 minutes from another Wembley appearance.

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 14 Jun 2017, 17:17

i do not see this happening unless hes had a monumental bust up with smithy?

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 15 Jun 2017, 08:03

yorky wrote:i do not see this happening unless hes had a monumental bust up with smithy?
Seems the whole teams had a bust up with smith, the way they're playing.
what doesn't kill me simply makes me...stranger.