Callum Mclelland

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
Spy in the stands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Callum Mclelland

Post by Spy in the stands » 17 Jan 2019, 21:14

Deal is close to bringing him back to Cas on loan for year from Leeds. Watch this space. Be a great gesture from Hetherington who personally got the kid back to RL himself.

steadygetyerboots-on
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Callum Mclelland

Post by steadygetyerboots-on » 17 Jan 2019, 21:26

Spy in the stands wrote:Deal is close to bringing him back to Cas on loan for year from Leeds. Watch this space. Be a great gesture from Hetherington who personally got the kid back to RL himself.
Not sure how that benefits him, Cas or Leeds, but stranger things have happened.
"Stand by me as I stand by you, be brave and dare to dream".

Tiger53
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tiger53 » 17 Jan 2019, 22:06

It might benefit him with the possibility of first team rugby and Leeds if he gets it. However, I can’t for the life of me see how it benefits us, developing a player for Leeds. If he wants to resign for us on a permanent basis that might be a different matter.

We need someone to replace Luke Gale but a project for a year so that Leeds can reap the benefit long-term - no thank you. We need an established player who can hit the ground running and who will benefit us not Leeds.

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 17 Jan 2019, 22:15

Why he’s rubbish.

Need someone with experience not some kid who plays for Leeds.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 17 Jan 2019, 22:50

Mucky1978 wrote:Why he’s rubbish.

Need someone with experience not some kid who plays for Leeds.
Why do we need anybody ? We have trueman, rankin, roberts, ellis and aston. Plus macca can play 7 too. How many more do you want.

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 17 Jan 2019, 23:11

Don't get me wrong I would love him and would have as a signing we messed up by not putting a cone back clause in his deal when he went. But I would not want him back now for the sole reason we have players in that position and I don't see the benefit for us by giving a rivals player a leg up I'd sooner see sweeting brought in to the 1st team and step up his training and muddle through with Rankin Roberts Ellis and Aston.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 18 Jan 2019, 09:05

Call me crazy, but I'd rather see Ashton given a shot. He's played over 100 Championship games, he's got the experience, he just want's the chance.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 18 Jan 2019, 09:32

There's got to be clear thinking on recruitment Aston was brought in to replace McClelland he's waited for a chance let's see what he's got
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 18 Jan 2019, 10:20

I've often thought he was just taking up a wage, but then I hear his interviews and it's clear he's a kid who just want's to play Super League. It would be very easy for him to just keep turning out for Sheffield week in week out, whilst collecting a wage with us. But he obviously has ambitions and I for one, wouldn't mind seeing him get the chance to prove it. Powell has to give him game time on Sunday and see how he fairs against SL quality.

BigBez10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by BigBez10 » 18 Jan 2019, 10:35

I agree with the above, I want to see Aston given a shot and I genuinely hope he turns out to be a class act.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 18 Jan 2019, 13:04

big step up to what he faced end of december id take most conference sides beat that lot ...got a chance now sunday lets see how he does
Vince Lombardi

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 18 Jan 2019, 19:54

tigerfeat wrote:big step up to what he faced end of december id take most conference sides beat that lot ...got a chance now sunday lets see how he does
I agree be nice to give him a chance but surely we have to start with trueman and roberts or rankin dont we ?

If we dont play any first teamers on sunday then we will go into the first game having had no run outs. Id imagine they are going to be very rusty anyway only having had 1 game.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 18 Jan 2019, 20:33

fords wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:big step up to what he faced end of december id take most conference sides beat that lot ...got a chance now sunday lets see how he does
I agree be nice to give him a chance but surely we have to start with trueman and roberts or rankin dont we ?

If we dont play any first teamers on sunday then we will go into the first game having had no run outs. Id imagine they are going to be very rusty anyway only having had 1 game.
Got a feeling we will start with trueman and aston on Sunday I agree Rankin and trueman id be playing if it was Catalans game so sure that will be tried as well
Roberts no idea what's happening with him mate
Vince Lombardi

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 19 Jan 2019, 22:30

I always liked Callum when he played in our under 19s but he looked very average when England beat the Australian's at Leeds I don't think we have anything to gain from training him up for him to go back to Leeds

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 21 Jan 2019, 13:36

Not sure there's any valid reason for bringing him in at all.
Spreading the Cas gene pool