Springer

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Springer

Post by old cas lass » 17 Jul 2017, 19:55

Apparently on Yorkshire radio it's been mentioned a swop deal with Walmsley and springer.
Anyone heard it.

classysupercas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classysupercas » 17 Jul 2017, 20:16

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: hope its right the kid cant bend!

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 17 Jul 2017, 20:56

old cas lass wrote:
Sharlotiger wrote:
The Firm wrote:
old cas lass wrote:Not sure how true this is, it was doing the rounds at the game yesterday, apparently Gadwin springer isn't in DP plans for next season.
Got told this today so not sure if it's got any weight.
True i believe, he's been offered to other clubs. Don't know if there are any takers.
Well why did we bother extending his contract so early?

Good question.
Maybe he's just home sick, didn't his girl friend have to go back to France due to her not getting a work permit, not sure if that's 100% true.
Maybe Daryl thinks he's just not gonna cut it, maybe Gadwin as asked to go.....who knows.
It does seem a funny one.
According to my mate he didn't sound very homesick rattling his next door neighbour lol

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 17 Jul 2017, 21:09

old cas lass wrote:Apparently on Yorkshire radio it's been mentioned a swop deal with Walmsley and springer.
Anyone heard it.
Yes two months ago
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 17 Jul 2017, 21:22

Yeah they very briefly mentioned it when talking about McGuire, the host just threw in (possibly read from the Facebook feed)something along the lines of 'what do you think about the rumour doing the rounds of Alex Walmsley going to Cas by the end of the week with Gadwin Springer going the other way'

Mick P

Post by Mick P » 18 Jul 2017, 13:58

Hes homesick apparently this is what I was told.

And hes deffo off home to france

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 18 Jul 2017, 14:12

Mick P wrote:Hes homesick apparently this is what I was told.

we've suspected that for some time, pits because he has the ability to be very good.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 18 Jul 2017, 14:24

Might explain why he only does 20min a game, he don't want to be here really.

Shame as he has the size to go all the way. Maybe he will at Catalan although under their present coach he will only go backwards.

Not an issue aslong as we bring in a proven SL/NRL player to replace him (not one looking for a pension top up neither)

Aid
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Aid » 18 Jul 2017, 14:43

Yes he is going on Friday, helping us stuff Catalans and then coming back to Cas
cum on you Ford

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 18 Jul 2017, 15:00

He's not from France he's from South America

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 18 Jul 2017, 17:34

TT Tiger wrote:He's not from France he's from South America
Interestingly, according to Wikipedia his nicknames are Jam Hot Jerry and The Sodalan Dragon.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 18 Jul 2017, 19:12

GS is from French Guiana - one of the smallest and least populated countries in South America.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_Guiana

Anyone remember the classic film Papillion with Steve McQueen and Dustin Hoffman ? I don't think the film was shot there but it was based on the book by the French convict Henri Charrière who was imprisoned in French Guiana.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 18 Jul 2017, 19:22

Tigerade wrote:GS is from French Guiana - one of the smallest and least populated countries in South America.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_Guiana

Anyone remember the classic film Papillion with Steve McQueen and Dustin Hoffman ? I don't think the film was shot there but it was based on the book by the French convict Henri Charrière who was imprisoned in French Guiana.
yeah steve mcqueen eating bugs in his cell refusing to be broken great film ...
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Herbert Latch
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Herbert Latch » 18 Jul 2017, 23:28

When Gadwin came on against Hull he was awesome for the 20 mins or so he was on. Great impact and I thought if he can replicate that in the remainder of games it will be a further great boost to our GF aspirations. However his 2 games since have been a bit of a damp squib and I was disappointed.

The rumour doing the rounds and I stress that it is a rumour is that he is unsettled and wants a release, I would presume at the end of the season. His girlfriend apparently went back home as she couldn't get a job, so maybe he's feeling lonely and homesick. If true it's a shame no one could get her a job. As I say just a rumour and maybe tripe.

Personally whatever the situation I hope something can be done, as I still think there is one good impact player there, particularly if he can replicate what he did v Hull. He should be having a real go as he won't get many chances again of playing in and winning a SL Grand Final. If indeed he does want to return to France then he ought to be having a real go v the Catalans as quite frankly that's where he is going to have to go at present if he does want head home.

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 19 Jul 2017, 01:19

Herbert Latch wrote:When Gadwin came on against Hull he was awesome for the 20 mins or so he was on. Great impact and I thought if he can replicate that in the remainder of games it will be a further great boost to our GF aspirations. However his 2 games since have been a bit of a damp squib and I was disappointed.

The rumour doing the rounds and I stress that it is a rumour is that he is unsettled and wants a release, I would presume at the end of the season. His girlfriend apparently went back home as she couldn't get a job, so maybe he's feeling lonely and homesick. If true it's a shame no one could get her a job. As I say just a rumour and maybe tripe.

Personally whatever the situation I hope something can be done, as I still think there is one good impact player there, particularly if he can replicate what he did v Hull. He should be having a real go as he won't get many chances again of playing in and winning a SL Grand Final. If indeed he does want to return to France then he ought to be having a real go v the Catalans as quite frankly that's where he is going to have to go at present if he does want head home.
Do you ever do small posts?lol

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 19 Jul 2017, 16:14

at last nights "meet the players" millo spoke highly of gadwin and big will, he stressed how young they were for props and still needed to work on their techniques.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Oldcasman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Oldcasman » 24 Jul 2017, 11:18

Is springer injured or is there a problem with him he doesn't seem to be getting much game time at all
it's a shame he is missing so much game time as he was a really good prospect

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 24 Jul 2017, 12:28

Oldcasman wrote:Is springer injured or is there a problem with him he doesn't seem to be getting much game time at all
it's a shame he is missing so much game time as he was a really good prospect
Looked ok in the gym this morning. Wasn't training with the injured players (Milner, Gill, Maher, Ollie Holmes).

PS - Egodo looks a beast in the gym. Hope he plays like Jake Webster as we have a little gem on our hands then

Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by 1973 » 12 Aug 2017, 09:29

Though Springer was shocking last night, ran the ball in 2 or 3 times and made no ground and gave away penalties and dropped the ball. Nothing positive came from him last night.

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 12 Aug 2017, 11:10

1973 wrote:Though Springer was shocking last night, ran the ball in 2 or 3 times and made no ground and gave away penalties and dropped the ball. Nothing positive came from him last night.
Agree totally. Hes not getting game time to build confidence or any type of form, but when he gets his chance he blows it big time.
what doesn't kill me simply makes me...stranger.