All Solomona talk here.

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: All Solomona talk here.

Post by Flat Capper » 20 Feb 2017, 18:16

Don't think there was any doubt about DS's ability to score tries, in particular in Union where any average Joe can score on the wing.

For me it's not about questioning his ability but his attitude which in all honesty has been lower than a snakes doo dah.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 21 Feb 2017, 13:49

casman wrote:New to this however, Mr Diamond was saying Mr S. could be available for England in 3 weeks? (source, BT sport after wasps game interview). As The NFU (OOPs..)RFU has shown great leadership and direction in this little deni-emma, how about a codicil to any settlement of a say £ 10k payment to us for his every RFU international match selection until he retires. (as a thank you Castleford RLFC.)
I presume Richard Head Diamond has assumed DS will qualify for England on the grounds he has been employed in this country for x number of years. However, using the Sharks defence of signing DS it must be blatantly clear that DS has not been employed in his current role for the qualifying period and therefore, doesn't qualify for England?
Spreading the Cas gene pool

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 21 Feb 2017, 13:59

Rugby union doesnt care about legality they picked an illegal immigrant to play for England not too long ago. Manu Tuilagi came over on a six month student visa was employed by Leicester Tigers and played for England be it was admitted the he had been in the country illegally for 5 years.

harrogate tiger

Post by harrogate tiger » 21 Feb 2017, 18:22

Martin Budworth instructed to defend Sale Sharks in Solomona case
09 January 2017

Martin Budworth, Door Tenant, has been instructed through 3 Hare Court to defend Sale Sharks in the controversial Solomona case which the BBC have reported could impact the sport of rugby as the Bosman case did football. Castleford Tigers seek half a million pounds in compensation following the loss of their top try scorer in a switch from rugby league to union. Read the BBC coverage here.

This guy is no mug, I have read up about him.

Looks like they intend to fight.
allenthelodge

Frankas
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Frankas » 21 Feb 2017, 19:45

harrogate tiger wrote:Martin Budworth instructed to defend Sale Sharks in Solomona case
09 January 2017

Martin Budworth, Door Tenant, has been instructed through 3 Hare Court to defend Sale Sharks in the controversial Solomona case which the BBC have reported could impact the sport of rugby as the Bosman case did football. Castleford Tigers seek half a million pounds in compensation following the loss of their top try scorer in a switch from rugby league to union. Read the BBC coverage here.

This guy is no mug, I have read up about him.

Looks like they intend to fight.

They don't have any other option but to fight when Cas said it would go to court. They thought a small club like Cas would just roll over, but it seems they have under estimated, Ian Fulton, and also the barrister Cas have employed isn't a mug either.

onetiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by onetiger » 21 Feb 2017, 20:33

from all accounts the ones cas as is one very very clever team who knows contract and sport law in side out .
c o y f go on and win ....

harrogate tiger

Post by harrogate tiger » 21 Feb 2017, 20:51

Whats interesting is the fact he is representing Sale Sharks, no mention of representing Solomona.
If he represents both parties it should tell any judge with a modicum of intelligence and unbiasedness that Sale have been very underhanded in the dealings with Cas.
allenthelodge

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 21 Feb 2017, 23:07

harrogate tiger wrote:Whats interesting is the fact he is representing Sale Sharks, no mention of representing Solomona.
If he represents both parties it should tell any judge with a modicum of intelligence and unbiasedness that Sale have been very underhanded in the dealings with Cas.
I have said this a number of times. It seems to me that Sale are willing to let Solomona fight his own battle. They will defend themselves to the hilt, claiming that they signed him in good faith based on the information they were given by his agent.
They have clearly said that any issue between Castleford and the player is none of the business and is for Castleford and Solomona to resolve.
It is also likely that paying his legal fees would count against their salary cap, which I can't imagine are willing to do.

viva brad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by viva brad » 23 Feb 2017, 08:27

I doubt the case against Sale will ever be heard. Out of court settlement will probably be offered
Regardless of the apparent arogance of RU their governing body will not want their sport dragged through to courts for a case of this type. Regardless of rights and wrongs this is putting RU in a bad light

The case against Clarke and Solomona may well run their course and if it does I hope we take them both to the cleaners

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 23 Feb 2017, 10:00

viva brad wrote:I doubt the case against Sale will ever be heard. Out of court settlement will probably be offered
Regardless of the apparent arogance of RU their governing body will not want their sport dragged through to courts for a case of this type. Regardless of rights and wrongs this is putting RU in a bad light

The case against Clarke and Solomona may well run their course and if it does I hope we take them both to the cleaners
I said this ages ago. No one will want to risk litigation and the potential cost of it. I expect the lawyers to assess the risk and do a deal on the back of it. If Sale drop out on that basis Cas may decide to cut their losses on the basis the other two probably couldn't afford to pay our costs if they lost.
The only basis I can see it going forward is if the RFL and other clubs ( other than Sale's buddies Wigan) are bankrolling us to see it through as a test case.

viva brad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by viva brad » 23 Feb 2017, 10:16

The only basis I can see it going forward is if the RFL and other clubs ( other than Sale's buddies Wigan) are bankrolling us to see it through as a test case.
on the twiiter question and answer session Nigel Wood confirmed that they are helping Cas with the financial costs. I assume they are doing this as they know that if Solomona was allowed to walk with no punishment to Sale that it would leave the door wide open for RU to raid all the talent from our game

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 23 Feb 2017, 14:02

Can we lock this thread now?

fenton
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: AFenton90

Post by fenton » 23 Feb 2017, 14:11

TT Tiger wrote:Can we lock this thread now?
Its not over yet.

Outlaw13

Post by Outlaw13 » 23 Feb 2017, 14:46

Sky reporting that it's about to be adjourned
http://www.skysports.com/rugby-league/n ... rce=Direct

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 23 Feb 2017, 15:08

fenton wrote:
Its not over yet.
Must have been bothering him since August

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 23 Feb 2017, 15:29

Scoopage wrote:
fenton wrote:
Its not over yet.
Nah just December.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 26 Feb 2017, 11:31

TT Tiger wrote:
Scoopage wrote:
fenton wrote:
Its not over yet.
Nah just December.
Exactly why do you want it locking? ](*,)
Audacter Et Sincere

Normy-Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Normy-Tiger » 26 Feb 2017, 11:42

He clearly keeps coming back to read it :/

DPisgod

Post by DPisgod » 26 Feb 2017, 15:42

The truth of the matter regarding DS is that it his start in Rugby Union has been great news for Cas.
The RFU have been part of his signing all along, and the fact that it is not going to court is evidence in itself he will be fast tracked into the England side - that decision has already been made.
So what do you have to do to make that happen quickly - pay
Good by, good riddance and with the money we can well and truly move on.

Borisfinal

Post by Borisfinal » 26 Feb 2017, 19:20

Quite agree with DPisgod. The RFU will probably be a major sponsor behind this move in their desire to get more and more RL players and back room staff into their game.