All Solomona talk here.

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Re: All Solomona talk here.

Post by TT Tiger » 29 Sep 2016, 20:32

ERG2012 wrote:
old cas lass wrote:
Evatiger wrote:Gone sale sharks 300k.no Denny next season
Evatiger wrote:Warrington bound next season

moved to rumours as this is just a rumour-please use the rumour mill for such posts

Your OP and a more recent post I hope that your post is as wrong as the first, but......

Union does not have the same season as us it would be pointless to take him now, needs time to recover from a hard season. So is it possible that they are still signing him for next season when they have had time to prepare a recovery strategy. But have paid a fee to release him for just his final year? That would be more worthy valuation for me anyway. And gives us time to find an adequate replacement.

Andrew6666
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Andrew6666 » 29 Sep 2016, 20:37

Everyone is thinking that it would be the clubs fault for selling??? Imo player power and agents power is to much in today's sport, Denny or his agent could be quietly forcing a move and the clubs hands could be tied. I am sure All staff and owners want Denny to stay as do the fans. I would ideally want Denny to come out and say he wants to stay, I haven't heard that from him (apologies if he has). As previous, no player is bigger than the club. The only person at the club that I think is irreplaceable is Powell.

At the moment this is all speculation, as is the above. Hopefully Denny stays and enjoys his rugby, maybe Rangi and Shenton should take him aside and have a word with him.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 29 Sep 2016, 20:44

Alex Simmons asked him on camera who will you be playing for next season,cas.

Denny's answer was, cas.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 29 Sep 2016, 20:50

Anybody seen the film groundhog day ...
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

TigerB33
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by TigerB33 » 29 Sep 2016, 21:03

That's the problem with club officials making statements, things can change from day to day.

"he isn't for sale" 1 month later a too good to turn down offer is made. What do you do ? Turn it down because we've said he's not for sale?

For me Denny is a great player and it has been a pleasure watching him play, hes scored some individually brilliant tries and some walk in set up by Dorn Gale Webster etc.

There's also nothing we can do if he wants to go.

dude
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by dude » 29 Sep 2016, 21:39

TigerB33 wrote:That's the problem with club officials making statements, things can change from day to day.

"he isn't for sale" 1 month later a too good to turn down offer is made. What do you do ? Turn it down because we've said he's not for sale?

For me Denny is a great player and it has been a pleasure watching him play, hes scored some individually brilliant tries and some walk in set up by Dorn Gale Webster etc.

There's also nothing we can do if he wants to go.
Read fultons statement again. He says
"In the past, as it has been well documented, our financial situation led to us making the decision to sell players to ease this burden, however more recently this is not the case, in fact the opposite is now true."

He also goes on to say
"The bottom line is Denny is signed with us for the next two years, he has not been sold. Myself, the board of directors, the coaching staff, and for you the fans and everybody else involved with the Tigers, we would love Denny to stay for longer and our main concern is to try and make sure this happens. Thank you, Ian Fulton."

We have been told hes signed with us for the next two years and they qant to make it longer and we dont need to sell him for financial reasons.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 29 Sep 2016, 21:44

I would be less bothered about Solomona leaving that I was about Chase and Clark leaving.
Solomona is a very good winger and I'd prefer to keep him rather than lose him. However:
1. His game is based on acceleration and agility, These are the attributes that deteriorate quickly. At 22 he may be in his prime now and we may have had his best years.
2. He's a winger. Whilst he has scored some spectacular tries, he's also finished plenty of tries laid on by Gale/Dorn/Webster that I would expect most wingers to score.

Gale is the player we can't afford to lose, and he is signed up long-term.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 29 Sep 2016, 22:09

nottinghamtiger wrote:I would be less bothered about Solomona leaving that I was about Chase and Clark leaving.
Solomona is a very good winger and I'd prefer to keep him rather than lose him. However:
1. His game is based on acceleration and agility, These are the attributes that deteriorate quickly. At 22 he may be in his prime now and we may have had his best years.
2. He's a winger. Whilst he has scored some spectacular tries, he's also finished plenty of tries laid on by Gale/Dorn/Webster that I would expect most wingers to score.

What!!!!!! At 22 he's in his prime.
Notts you are usually on the button, but in his prime he is not.
He as a good 10yrs in the game.
Of course is based on acceleration and agility, he's a winger, that's what they are supposed to have.

You don't see teams like saints or Leeds letting there best players leave.
Granted Wigan are letting Charnley leave but he's had a good few years now at the club......he'll be back just watch..

Time will only tell where he will be, not much us fans can do.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 29 Sep 2016, 22:14

old cas lass wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:I would be less bothered about Solomona leaving that I was about Chase and Clark leaving.

Of course is based on acceleration and agility, he's a winger, that's what they are supposed to have.

Granted Wigan are letting Charnley leave but he's had a good few years now at the club......he'll be back just watch..

Look at Tomkins. Game based on agility and acceleration. Now he has lost these he's not even the best player at Wigan.
As I say, I'd rather keep him than see him leave, but to think he'll be as good as he is now in five years time, let alone ten, is ambitious.
Wigan have lost plenty of players in recent years - Tomkins, Charnley, Sarginson, Burgess, Leuluai, Richards....
Last edited by nottinghamtiger on 29 Sep 2016, 22:16, edited 1 time in total.

daytona
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by daytona » 29 Sep 2016, 22:15

We might be able to see off other super league teams now when they come poaching our talent but there isn't a club in this country that can see off the might of the English RFU. Ultimately it will be Denny's decision to go and he will of been offered double possibly treble what he can earn in rugby league. I hate rugby union with a passion, for a number of reasons, but you have to admit they are streets ahead of league when it comes to profile and finance. We will do very well out of the deal and will have some serious bucks to spend for next season.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 29 Sep 2016, 22:22

nottinghamtiger wrote:
old cas lass wrote:

Look at Tomkins. Game based on agility and acceleration. Now he has lost these he's not even the best player at Wigan.
As I say, I'd rather keep him than see him leave, but to think he'll be as good as he is now in five years time, let alone ten, is ambitious.
Wigan have lost plenty of players in recent years - Tomkins, Charnley, Sarginson, Burgess, Leuluai, Richards....
Tomkins as had a major knee injury, lost his pace since then.
Looks like he is still having problems with his knee. Not sure if its the same one.

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 29 Sep 2016, 22:39

Denny's game is based on timing he times his runs to perfection I believe that is why DP wanted him to try his hand at fullback as Dorns replacement to try hit the line with great timing. Just wrack the video that has been put up of Denny's try's, he may not be scoring from twenty out but he is at full tilt when he catches the superbly timed passes from one of the 2 Luke's when the opposite winger is ball watching then if the winger does pick up Denny's run and watch him gale puts the ball behind him with a deft little kick. That is all something Denny will have for years to come.

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 29 Sep 2016, 22:46

Out of interest isn't 300k the exact amount Leeds wanted for Hardacre.....

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 30 Sep 2016, 05:10

daytona wrote: We will do very well out of the deal and will have some serious bucks to spend for next season.
Providing the board uses all that money on squad recruitment then it will soften the blow if Solomona goes. If we don't then questions will be asked,and season ticket sales will probably drop!

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 30 Sep 2016, 05:12

The Firm wrote:Out of interest isn't 300k the exact amount Leeds wanted for Hardacre.....
The coach would have his hands full keeping Chase & Zak in line :shock:

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 30 Sep 2016, 07:07

Something always happens to knock us back at least they will have the money in the next few weeks to fix that ...its got to the point now where you cant believe anything anybody says anymore im afraid
Vince Lombardi

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 30 Sep 2016, 07:21

True but if he doesn't go I'll be a lot clearer about who not to believe on here

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 30 Sep 2016, 07:26

Yes best wait to see what happens they say with such certainty its hard not to believe them at times
Vince Lombardi

da_jimbob_7
League One Player
League One Player
Twitter: Jimmothylad

Post by da_jimbob_7 » 30 Sep 2016, 07:50

Not sure why Ian Fulton is getting the brunt of this. He came out quickly to quash rumours of Denny going to Wire for I believe a rumoured 100k, saying we weren't in the need to cash in on our star men... as we have with Chase and Clark, taking well under their true value to help keep the club a float.
Now we have new rumours that Denny is off to union for 3 times the original amount, we may not need the 100k but if Denny wants out or has said after 2 years he will be going then 300k and a settled squad that want to be here would be good business.
We will create opportunities down the left albeit may miss some of the spectacular finishes.

Ian Fulton would've been damned if he didn't make a statement the first time but is now damned as he did and there is again another rumour/chance he could be off. We are Castleford Tigers and will continue with or without Denny. Come on, we weren't going to be any good without chase but made it to Wembley and all most won the league with an unproven junior (Ellis), a championship player (Finn) and a loanee that had been playing fullback (Sneyd) in the halves.

Long live the Tigers!!!

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 30 Sep 2016, 08:02

The Firm wrote:Out of interest isn't 300k the exact amount Leeds wanted for Hardacre.....
I have heard Hardacre is going to Hull KR should they stay up.
and
Some Salford players have agreed to join Leigh should they go down. Carney being one