Young Players

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Young Players

Post by tigerfeat » 13 Sep 2019, 07:46

When Wells took over he said the future for Cas would be in producing our own young talent
The other week we signed up most of the under 16 team that have been very good this season let's hope these young fellas make it and are given every chance to be first team players
What a difference it makes when you can produce forwards like Parrtington and Smithies
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Young Players

Post by Mucky1978 » 13 Sep 2019, 07:47

Wouldn’t listen to anything that clueless idiot says.

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 13 Sep 2019, 07:57

tigerfeat wrote:When Wells took over he said the future for Cas would be in producing our own young talent
The other week we signed up most of the under 16 team that have been very good this season let's hope these young fellas make it and are given every chance to be first team players
What a difference it makes when you can produce forwards like Parrtington and Smithies
Those 16s are 3/4 years away if they make it at all. Clearly they have some talent but they had a group of 16s fixtures that you would expect them to win and win comfortable.not knocking them they can only beat what’s put in front of them.
Don’t expect the reserves to work for us either we simply don’t have enough money to make a go of it and as I suspected it would be it’s been done on the cheap by most clubs and is a box ticking exercise.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 13 Sep 2019, 08:04

Do you mean in not having the facility's of other teams you know a lot more about this than me
I was just thinking when people are saying we can't compete with the so called big clubs with the signings they make produce are own like Wells said
I don't remember Cas ever having money or top facility's but we could always produce top young talent from around the area
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 13 Sep 2019, 08:05

as one of the few hundred that watch our young guns, a few of them may make supper league players in time but most are a bit off as yet, watching our under 19s last match i picked out Robbie Storey as a lad that would not let us down, Robbie is hardly big enough for a forward the position he played last week but his commitment is second to none

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 13 Sep 2019, 08:42

tigerfeat wrote:Do you mean in not having the facility's of other teams you know a lot more about this than me
I was just thinking when people are saying we can't compete with the so called big clubs with the signings they make produce are own like Wells said
I don't remember Cas ever having money or top facility's but we could always produce top young talent from around the area
Nothing to do with facilities. With young players it’s all about exposing them to higher levels of rugby. Take Leeds and Wigan the best two clubs at bringing players into the pro game.they get there young players out on duel reg as soon as possible,they have them playing against men giving them a taste of the level they need to be at.they will play 4/5 pre season games against league 1/championship clubs again to give them that experience in preparation for first team. At best our youth have been exposed for 1 game a year at Xmas in some cases the player may only get 20 minutes. That’s no preparation to go into a super league match. The bottom line is if you don’t have a big enough playing squad at academy level you cannot release players to do the above.