TONIGHTS GAME

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
fords
League One Player
League One Player

Re: TONIGHTS GAME

Post by fords » 12 Sep 2019, 22:18

classycas57 wrote:Embarrassing now.needs surgery next year I'm afraid
Not happening. Were done already

thedogvinnie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by thedogvinnie » 12 Sep 2019, 22:19

duke street 10 wrote:I couldn't help but think as the 2nd half slipped away again west of the Pennies that the club really do need to review how this season has gone.

While we are clear of relegation this year,if improvements across the board aren't made we could be like one of the 4 sides tomorrow stood on the trap door in 2020.

Come on, put the season into perspective, we have had most of our SC on the sick all season and to be where we are is nothing short of a miracle.
we go again next season hopefully a tad luckier on the injury front.

Before condemning, just remember the Millward era

dude
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by dude » 12 Sep 2019, 22:20

thedogvinnie wrote:
duke street 10 wrote:I couldn't help but think as the 2nd half slipped away again west of the Pennies that the club really do need to review how this season has gone.

While we are clear of relegation this year,if improvements across the board aren't made we could be like one of the 4 sides tomorrow stood on the trap door in 2020.

Come on, put the season into perspective, we have had most of our SC on the sick all season and to be where we are is nothing short of a miracle.
we go again next season hopefully a tad luckier on the injury front.

Before condemning, just remember the Millward era
Agree with that. Injuries have hit us hard this year, more luck on that front and we should be ok

thedogvinnie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by thedogvinnie » 12 Sep 2019, 22:23

KB80 wrote:
thedogvinnie wrote:
Swagger wrote:Just as play offs about to start. Nice one Jesse.
Wigan know exactly what they are doing, Isa got away with driving jessie head first into the turf, then all the niggles neutralised JSL until in frustration , he cracked. I will be in the minority but if he is getting no protection from the ref its hardly surprising, and he still has my support
So stand toe to toe and punch him. He might have actually hurt him and made him look a mouthy idiot instead of just making holimself look like a grub and getting laughed at by a 21 year old prop.
I get what you are saying but JSL has never been that sort of player and the 21 YO prop was just following orders as usual at wigan. There is a history of bending the rules over there.

I know who the grubs are and JSL is not one of them

Hepworth7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Hepworth7 » 12 Sep 2019, 22:36

Good bloke as Jesse may be,no amount of provocation warrants an attack with the knee to the head of a defenseless player. Had Connor responded in the same manner last week to Jessie's wind ups instead of just giving it the verbal there would have been uproar. Sorry,but no excuse,will get a ban and deserves one.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 12 Sep 2019, 22:37

Fumper27 wrote:
smarty_tiger wrote:I'm sorry Cas, but recruitment needed.
Olpherts and Griffin not do it for you???
griffin made 55 tackles against leeds last week. we could have done with him tonight.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 12 Sep 2019, 22:38

thedogvinnie wrote:
KB80 wrote:
thedogvinnie wrote:
Wigan know exactly what they are doing, Isa got away with driving jessie head first into the turf, then all the niggles neutralised JSL until in frustration , he cracked. I will be in the minority but if he is getting no protection from the ref its hardly surprising, and he still has my support
So stand toe to toe and punch him. He might have actually hurt him and made him look a mouthy idiot instead of just making holimself look like a grub and getting laughed at by a 21 year old prop.
I get what you are saying but JSL has never been that sort of player and the 21 YO prop was just following orders as usual at wigan. There is a history of bending the rules over there.

I know who the grubs are and JSL is not one of them
I definitely don't think Jesse is a grub and get that it was a brief loss of control. That been said ima knee to the head on a prone player is a long long way from acceptable (and pretty pointless)

It's a just a shame really. Because had he of let Partington get up and then throw a punch he would still have been sent off, would still get a ban. However the general perception from most neutrals would be that it was 'fair enough' based on how Partington conducts himself. Rather than fuel Partingtons ego it might also have brought him down a peg or two.

But Jesse just doesn't have that kind of calculated aggression- nor do many tbf.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 12 Sep 2019, 22:45

Martiger wrote:Can't attack, can't defend. Typical Powell side, when pressure on big games allways has this performance.

Trueman and Ellis rubbish both rubbish. Trueman 1 good game in 10 one for the future not a starting halve imo.

Sell gale to Leeds and re invest and re invent the squad and a complete change on how we play.

As for all the people bagging Jesse was a mistimed and frustrated flop with the knees if he'd landed on the floor no idiot would be sagging him off.
strange then that he's in 6th place in the albert goldthorpe table with only lomax and hastings the halves above him.
every club in superleague would take him if they could.
however i do agree with you about jesse.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 12 Sep 2019, 22:48

daytona wrote:
smarty_tiger wrote:I'm sorry Cas, but recruitment needed.
You can’t buy your way out of a hole because we are in a salary capped sport but what you can do is focus on youth policy and try and bring some kids through with the quality of Partington and Smithies. Until we take our academy seriously we don’t stand a chance of winning these big games when we are down on troops. A quality young un will be as cheap as a journey man squad player and considerably better
on tonights performance they are quality thugs. that was despicable from smithies on macca no wonder jesse was so fired up.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 12 Sep 2019, 22:50

smarty_tiger wrote:Sky sports talking to Zak :lol: I wonder why.
they kept on saying he was suspended for our grand final but never mentioned why.

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 12 Sep 2019, 22:51

heritage1926 wrote:Hopefully Hull beat Saints tomorrow and put us out of our misery. I don't want to see another week of this!
Please this. And btw of Wigan are the second best team in the competition then rugby league as a sport is on its knees. The product is so turgid.

Nu Shooze
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nu Shooze » 12 Sep 2019, 22:51

smarty_tiger wrote:
Let his emotions get the better of him. I love the pride of JSL, but that was just stupid.
This has been coming. He’s been more and more wound up each week. He messes about at every tackle, whether he’s defender or attacker and I’m surprised he hasn’t been binned a time or three before now

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 12 Sep 2019, 22:52

Why did we start with Ellis surely we could have moved players around he's not good enough especially in big games you know what's going to happen before it does I don't get it
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 12 Sep 2019, 22:53

dude wrote:
CasAttack wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:
The Firm wrote:Honourable exception to Matt Cook who was good and Rankin who looked lively at times, albeit without much end product, but the rest were garbage. This team needs serious work to get it anything like.
Thought Daniel Smith did well.
Yeah Dan Smith can hold his head up along with Cookie. The rest were crap.
Imo Ellis and mcmeekin were shocking. We had a lot of play in 1st half and trueman took one bad option when he kicked when we had an overlap. Think all forwards were decent minus mcmeekin. But Wigan's defence was brilliant and our goal line defence wasnt great
Meeks disappears in most big games. It's the Cas blueprint. Name a big game we have performed in.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 12 Sep 2019, 22:53

smarty_tiger wrote:The wigan studio is a joy to watch
:lol: ;)

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 12 Sep 2019, 22:54

smarty_tiger wrote:Blair with a TRY!!!!! Get in there lad. The one player Flow has desired to attack, is the guy to take the try. Amazing.
Amazing

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 12 Sep 2019, 22:57

tigerfeat wrote:Why did we start with Ellis surely we could have moved players around he's not good enough especially in big games you know what's going to happen before it does I don't get it
Ellis is awful. Poor in attack, dire in defence. Even his in play kicks are nothing.

Terrible business to re-sign him. Should be trying everything to offload him.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 12 Sep 2019, 22:59

thedogvinnie wrote:
they are artists at it mate and always have been. macca tackles smithies and lands on top of him. smithies holds macca down by holding onto his head bandage. gets the penalty and then rips the whole dressing off and taunts macca about it. no wonder jesse lost it and it didn't need coke head to come running in and telling childs to red card him.

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 12 Sep 2019, 22:59

thedogvinnie wrote:
Akcas87 wrote:Powell not come out to be interviewed by sky

Why do other coaches front up when they lose but ours doesn’t?
probably saved the club a fine by not telling a few home truths about Childs Myopia
Ref's fault. Definitely would have won with a better ref. :lol:

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 12 Sep 2019, 23:06

the happy hooker9 wrote:I'm aware our recruitment for next year seems to be completed but serious thought by DoR/DP/Management at Cas Tigers as to what are our intentions in SL
Do we want to 'sup' at the Top Table with the likes of Sts., Wigan Wire then if so then dynamic quality above average signings are required.
I'm aware that we are a salary capped sport but at the moment our philosophy appears to be quantity rather than quality ...how much longer can DP pull rabbits out of the hat in regards to turning run of the mill players into international players (Gale etc).
I for one am reluctant to fork out
my hard earned to watch the likes of Ellis play (???)
Tonight's game was the nadir of performances yet I dont see any possible change in our attitude which to me appears to be '...as long as we are not relegation fodder let's continue as we are, eh'..
From the heights of 2017 this season has been utter dross.
Rant over
i know how you feel mate but continuously supping at the top table is seeing saints and wigan running up huge losses every season. some thing has to give and i'd rather we live within our means and continue to have a super league team to support. look at some of the teams below us who spend much more. it doesn't always bring success.