TONIGHTS GAME

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
CasAttack
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: TONIGHTS GAME

Post by CasAttack » 12 Sep 2019, 21:41

nottinghamtiger wrote:
The Firm wrote:Honourable exception to Matt Cook who was good and Rankin who looked lively at times, albeit without much end product, but the rest were garbage. This team needs serious work to get it anything like.
Thought Daniel Smith did well.
Yeah Dan Smith can hold his head up along with Cookie. The rest were crap.

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 12 Sep 2019, 21:43

nottinghamtiger wrote:
The Firm wrote:Honourable exception to Matt Cook who was good and Rankin who looked lively at times, albeit without much end product, but the rest were garbage. This team needs serious work to get it anything like.
To be fair yes he did.

dude
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by dude » 12 Sep 2019, 21:44

CasAttack wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:
Yeah Dan Smith can hold his head up along with Cookie. The rest were crap.
Imo Ellis and mcmeekin were shocking. We had a lot of play in 1st half and trueman took one bad option when he kicked when we had an overlap. Think all forwards were decent minus mcmeekin. But Wigan's defence was brilliant and our goal line defence wasnt great

Martiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Martiger » 12 Sep 2019, 21:45

Casmania wrote:Obviously some are incapable to keep on topic. 2 posters are taking an enforced break to think about that
Isn't it an open forum where people are entitled too an opinion. Too many keyboard police on this forum

dude
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by dude » 12 Sep 2019, 21:46

Martiger wrote:
Casmania wrote:Obviously some are incapable to keep on topic. 2 posters are taking an enforced break to think about that
Isn't it an open forum where people are entitled too an opinion. Too many keyboard police on this forum
Always the same person though who keeps opening new accounts. Think hes been banned 3 times in last week.
Last edited by dude on 12 Sep 2019, 21:46, edited 1 time in total.

smarty_tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by smarty_tiger » 12 Sep 2019, 21:46

Martiger wrote:
Isn't it obvious when people post on this forum that are not Cas fans? Who are trying to wind people up?
Last edited by smarty_tiger on 12 Sep 2019, 21:47, edited 1 time in total.

init
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by init » 12 Sep 2019, 21:46

I thought 1st half we absolutely crucified Wigan a decent half alongside Truey and we would have built a decent lead.

We came out after half time fast asleep gave away 2 scores and then went chasing got rattled again in a big game and same old result

I'm not too worried to be honest with gale inplace of Ellis Wigan would have lost tonight...we are not too far away despite the second half....next season hopefully gale back and good to go we will challenge

JSL....red mist and will deserve the ban

smarty_tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by smarty_tiger » 12 Sep 2019, 21:47

init wrote:I thought 1st half we absolutely crucified Wigan a decent half alongside Truey and we would have built a decent lead.

We came out after half time fast asleep gave away 2 scores and then went chasing got rattled again in a big game and same old result

I'm not too worried to be honest with gale inplace of Ellis Wigan would have lost tonight...we are not too far away despite the second half....next season hopefully gale back and good to go we will challenge

JSL....red mist and will deserve the ban
Well said. Providing Gale can get some form back.

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 12 Sep 2019, 21:49

daytona wrote:
smarty_tiger wrote:I'm sorry Cas, but recruitment needed.
You can’t buy your way out of a hole because we are in a salary capped sport but what you can do is focus on youth policy and try and bring some kids through with the quality of Partington and Smithies. Until we take our academy seriously we don’t stand a chance of winning these big games when we are down on troops. A quality young un will be as cheap as a journey man squad player and considerably better
Don’t hold your breath on that. Absolutely zero commitment from the club on that score.

smarty_tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by smarty_tiger » 12 Sep 2019, 21:51

The wigan studio is a joy to watch

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 12 Sep 2019, 21:51

Pathetic by JSL. Seriously, Why not just walk over and punch him?

Same outcome (sending off + ban) although you might actually knock the silly grin of his face and you won't look as much of a grub.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 12 Sep 2019, 21:51

Some very ambiguous and incomprehensible posts.
The first half with the possession and feild position we came away with nothing.
Second half we squandered our defensive credentials.
Smith and Cook stood up well.
Blaming individuals it was a team failure.
As for Jesse.
Out of character.
It was a cowardly attack and no excuse.
Will receive a lengthy ban and he knows he deserves it.

thedogvinnie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by thedogvinnie » 12 Sep 2019, 21:53

Swagger wrote:Just as play offs about to start. Nice one Jesse.
Wigan know exactly what they are doing, Isa got away with driving jessie head first into the turf, then all the niggles neutralised JSL until in frustration , he cracked. I will be in the minority but if he is getting no protection from the ref its hardly surprising, and he still has my support

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 12 Sep 2019, 21:54

Martiger wrote:
It is, and an open forum needs to be encouraged.
However, thread derailment continuously causes arguments. Reasoned debate is welcomed, but not petty name calling and childish comments. Thread derailment, quickly leads to this.
I am fed up receiving private, messages, alerts and notifications from a number of posters who kerp reporting other posters. I have to trawl through and find the relative posts and then make a judgement.

Are you suggesting no moderation and people can post whatever they want to.
The owner of this site has been threatened/made aware of potential with legal action by both the club and individuals.

I hope this explains things for you!

MY CLUB. MY CAS

Akcas87
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Akcas87 » 12 Sep 2019, 21:54

Powell not come out to be interviewed by sky

Why do other coaches front up when they lose but ours doesn’t?

smarty_tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by smarty_tiger » 12 Sep 2019, 21:57

Akcas87 wrote:Powell not come out to be interviewed by sky

A lot has to be looked at over the off-season and I am not suggesting DP should be let go at all, but we do need to work on our composure on and off the field, because at times this year it has shown on the field. Imo.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 12 Sep 2019, 21:59

thedogvinnie wrote:
Swagger wrote:Just as play offs about to start. Nice one Jesse.
Wigan know exactly what they are doing, Isa got away with driving jessie head first into the turf, then all the niggles neutralised JSL until in frustration , he cracked. I will be in the minority but if he is getting no protection from the ref its hardly surprising, and he still has my support
Mine too usual garbage on here after we lose a match
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 12 Sep 2019, 21:59

Casmania wrote:
Martiger wrote:
I am fed up receiving private, messages, alerts and notifications from a number of posters who kerp reporting other posters. I have to trawl through and find the relative posts and then make a judgement. [/color]
In fairness, Matt did ask users to flag up posts and made it clear that forum users need to do so and that moderators can’t monitor everything themselves.

thedogvinnie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by thedogvinnie » 12 Sep 2019, 22:00

Akcas87 wrote:Powell not come out to be interviewed by sky

probably saved the club a fine by not telling a few home truths about Childs Myopia

the happy hooker9
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Doing Spins, Backdrops and kicks on the dance floor

Post by the happy hooker9 » 12 Sep 2019, 22:03

I'm aware our recruitment for next year seems to be completed but serious thought by DoR/DP/Management at Cas Tigers as to what are our intentions in SL
Do we want to 'sup' at the Top Table with the likes of Sts., Wigan Wire then if so then dynamic quality above average signings are required.
I'm aware that we are a salary capped sport but at the moment our philosophy appears to be quantity rather than quality ...how much longer can DP pull rabbits out of the hat in regards to turning run of the mill players into international players (Gale etc).
I for one am reluctant to fork out
my hard earned to watch the likes of Ellis play (???)
Tonight's game was the nadir of performances yet I dont see any possible change in our attitude which to me appears to be '...as long as we are not relegation fodder let's continue as we are, eh'..
From the heights of 2017 this season has been utter dross.
Rant over