TONIGHTS GAME

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Re: TONIGHTS GAME

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 12 Sep 2019, 22:54

smarty_tiger wrote:Blair with a TRY!!!!! Get in there lad. The one player Flow has desired to attack, is the guy to take the try. Amazing.
Amazing

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 12 Sep 2019, 22:57

tigerfeat wrote:Why did we start with Ellis surely we could have moved players around he's not good enough especially in big games you know what's going to happen before it does I don't get it
Ellis is awful. Poor in attack, dire in defence. Even his in play kicks are nothing.

Terrible business to re-sign him. Should be trying everything to offload him.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 12 Sep 2019, 22:59

thedogvinnie wrote:
Swagger wrote:Just as play offs about to start. Nice one Jesse.
Wigan know exactly what they are doing, Isa got away with driving jessie head first into the turf, then all the niggles neutralised JSL until in frustration , he cracked. I will be in the minority but if he is getting no protection from the ref its hardly surprising, and he still has my support
they are artists at it mate and always have been. macca tackles smithies and lands on top of him. smithies holds macca down by holding onto his head bandage. gets the penalty and then rips the whole dressing off and taunts macca about it. no wonder jesse lost it and it didn't need coke head to come running in and telling childs to red card him.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 12 Sep 2019, 22:59

thedogvinnie wrote:
Akcas87 wrote:Powell not come out to be interviewed by sky

Why do other coaches front up when they lose but ours doesn’t?
probably saved the club a fine by not telling a few home truths about Childs Myopia
Ref's fault. Definitely would have won with a better ref. :lol:

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 12 Sep 2019, 23:06

the happy hooker9 wrote:I'm aware our recruitment for next year seems to be completed but serious thought by DoR/DP/Management at Cas Tigers as to what are our intentions in SL
Do we want to 'sup' at the Top Table with the likes of Sts., Wigan Wire then if so then dynamic quality above average signings are required.
I'm aware that we are a salary capped sport but at the moment our philosophy appears to be quantity rather than quality ...how much longer can DP pull rabbits out of the hat in regards to turning run of the mill players into international players (Gale etc).
I for one am reluctant to fork out
my hard earned to watch the likes of Ellis play (???)
Tonight's game was the nadir of performances yet I dont see any possible change in our attitude which to me appears to be '...as long as we are not relegation fodder let's continue as we are, eh'..
From the heights of 2017 this season has been utter dross.
Rant over
i know how you feel mate but continuously supping at the top table is seeing saints and wigan running up huge losses every season. some thing has to give and i'd rather we live within our means and continue to have a super league team to support. look at some of the teams below us who spend much more. it doesn't always bring success.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Matt
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @invmatt

Post by Matt » 12 Sep 2019, 23:17

lurcher wrote:
the happy hooker9 wrote:I'm aware our recruitment for next year seems to be completed but serious thought by DoR/DP/Management at Cas Tigers as to what are our intentions in SL
Do we want to 'sup' at the Top Table with the likes of Sts., Wigan Wire then if so then dynamic quality above average signings are required.
I'm aware that we are a salary capped sport but at the moment our philosophy appears to be quantity rather than quality ...how much longer can DP pull rabbits out of the hat in regards to turning run of the mill players into international players (Gale etc).
I for one am reluctant to fork out
my hard earned to watch the likes of Ellis play (???)
Tonight's game was the nadir of performances yet I dont see any possible change in our attitude which to me appears to be '...as long as we are not relegation fodder let's continue as we are, eh'..
From the heights of 2017 this season has been utter dross.
Rant over
i know how you feel mate but continuously supping at the top table is seeing saints and wigan running up huge losses every season. some thing has to give and i'd rather we live within our means and continue to have a super league team to support. look at some of the teams below us who spend much more. it doesn't always bring success.
Agreed. It's easy to compare how Saints, Wigan etc manage to bring in these big named players however we can't compete with their history or almost guaranteed finals rugby. We could throw more money at them in the hope they take the cash offer over potential honours but that means sacrificing squad depth or quality elsewhere.

We could also throw more money at fees to bring players to us, causing the club to gain more and more debt and run at a negative every season until the owner stops the cash flow and then we end up going bust and probably relegated.

Going for the chance players sometimes works and others maybe not so - Hardaker for example wouldn't have come to Cas if it wasn't for his history and he was pivotal to our 2017 season (minus the last few matches).
For website related issues or queries please contact the admin account as I no longer own or maintain Casforum.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 13 Sep 2019, 05:19

Last week jsl wound Connor up like a coiled spring and eventually he ended up getting sent off this week Wigan targeted Jessie from the start and he was the one getting his marching orders
You have to match Wigan in your battle plan in these kind of end of season games and not for the first time we got it wrong
I don't think Wigan are a great side but I know who id want to be on if they play saints in the grand final
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 13 Sep 2019, 05:23

We will never compare with the likes of Saints,Leeds and Wigan on a financial front. But what Cas have done for most of my lifetime is produce some quality through the youth ranks,its something we always could depend on.

Trueman aside the well has truly dried up now. So we are dependent on players from elsewhere who are at best average. Whatever you think of Wigans tactics they had young players who came through their ranks,inexperienced compared to most of our lot but got under our skins and wanted the win more!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 13 Sep 2019, 05:43

It's the mentality that they come into the team with a young bloke like Parrtington knowing exactly how to play it in a big game
Some of our blokes who have played all there life arnt that clued up, it is what it is and I think them or Wire will win the grand final because Saints are missing that mentality it takes as well in my opinion
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

dude
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by dude » 13 Sep 2019, 05:46

duke street 10 wrote:We will never compare with the likes of Saints,Leeds and Wigan on a financial front. But what Cas have done for most of my lifetime is produce some quality through the youth ranks,its something we always could depend on.

Trueman aside the well has truly dried up now. So we are dependent on players from elsewhere who are at best average. Whatever you think of Wigans tactics they had young players who came through their ranks,inexperienced compared to most of our lot but got under our skins and wanted the win more!
We didnt produce trueman we signed him from bradford

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 13 Sep 2019, 06:59

duke street 10 wrote:We will never compare with the likes of Saints,Leeds and Wigan on a financial front. But what Cas have done for most of my lifetime is produce some quality through the youth ranks,its something we always could depend on.

Brilliant post.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 13 Sep 2019, 07:53

we had our chances in the first half two missed goals easily kick able, the same lad coughing up the ball on the second tackle when pressing their line, to single one man out for us losing is a bit unfair but Jamie had a dire game both in attack and defence, i dont think i can remember once were he was caught in possession whilst trying to take the line on ,Jesse deserved sending off , Millington went off never to return Massey and Jesse will be missing if we have to play next week,stand up big Will

mdean
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: Sacked social media

Post by mdean » 13 Sep 2019, 07:57

I don't know if it makes much financial difference, but if not it would be kinder this year for us not to have more games.
A mucky try at the end, but in reality but for the Wigan mistake, we didn't look like getting in the game second half.

Antics aside, 100% a sending off, more injury issues, I think that getting out of 2019 with some face saved would be helpful. Looking forward to tonight's events unfolding, could be some squeaky bums later.
2019 has not been one for the highlights reel up to now for us I think it is safe to say!

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 13 Sep 2019, 08:23

I’d be doing everything to get Shaun Wane in a born winner. Powell as had is day I’m afraid.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 13 Sep 2019, 08:35

Mucky1978 wrote:I’d be doing everything to get Shaun Wane in a born winner. Powell as had is day I’m afraid.
sorry mate i beg to differ i think Powell as done a great job any team in the league that had been plagued with the injuries that CAS have had this year would be relegation fodder, the money teams in the same situation would have been out signing players , we have been playing players that are playing busted but still put their hand up to play

tallguyx
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tallguyx » 13 Sep 2019, 08:44

Mucky1978 wrote:I’d be doing everything to get Shaun Wane in a born winner. Powell as had is day I’m afraid.
He’s only as good as his players sadly. Last week i thought we had turned the corner. This week back to plodding along. Trueman looked like a totally different player. As for Jesse what on Earth was he playing at, before that he looked like a liability they played him like a fiddle.

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 13 Sep 2019, 09:18

gateman wrote:
sorry mate i beg to differ i think Powell as done a great job any team in the league that had been plagued with the injuries that CAS have had this year would be relegation fodder, the money teams in the same situation would have been out signing players , we have been playing players that are playing busted but still put their hand up to play
A lot of teams have also suffered with injuries this season.
Poor recruitment has not helped the cause.

MY CLUB. MY CAS

thedogvinnie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by thedogvinnie » 13 Sep 2019, 09:32

Wane has left Wigan, unfortunately his niggling tactics have stayed there and were our undoing. I have just watched the game again and i think jessie did well to keep his temper as long as he did. When wattsy had that in his game he was punished regularly, somehow all the niggles last night (and Isa's spear tackle) were ignored.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 13 Sep 2019, 12:03

thedogvinnie wrote:

Wane has left Wigan, unfortunately his niggling tactics have stayed there and were our undoing. I have just watched the game again and i think jessie did well to keep his temper as long as he did. When wattsy had that in his game he was punished regularly, somehow all the niggles last night (and Isa's spear tackle) were ignored.
As was Partington’s shoulder to the head, which I think will be picked up later.

steadygetyerboots-on
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by steadygetyerboots-on » 14 Sep 2019, 08:18

cogito ergo sum wrote:
thedogvinnie wrote:

As was Partington’s shoulder to the head, which I think will be picked up later.
The clubb “tackle” on a prone Rankin in the 13th minute set the tone, attacked his head with the forearm/elbow. Nothing given, nothing said.
"Stand by me as I stand by you, be brave and dare to dream".