Season Tickets 2020

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Season Tickets 2020

Post by tigerfeat » 11 Sep 2019, 09:21

nottinghamtiger wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:Look I understand people who financially can't afford to go especially when we're on telly there have been many times when ive being too skint to afford a season pass
But even with state of ground and folks not happy with whats happened since 2017 you can't beat watching cas down lane
My worry is that people who can afford to go are choosing not to.
You might think there is nothing better than going to the game (and I used to think the same), but there are plenty of people who would prefer to watch on TV now.
One reason for for that I think is the number of night games - it’s an appealing option to sit and have a beer at home at watch the game on TV. I’ve tried to make every game I can in 2018, but only because I had a ST. I know full well that I’ll be tempted to watch some games on TV next year that I would have attended if I still has a ST.
We’ll also be losing a lot of families who just don’t want young kids out until past 10:00pm, especially on a Thursday. That doesn’t just lose the kids, it loses their parent(s) too.
There have always been (and will always be) people who can’t afford a season ticket, so attend games as a when they can. But we are potentially losing people who can afford a a ST but are choosing not to get one.
Yes I said I appreciate I'm in a good position living in Glasshoughton and being able to go to every game and I'm looking forward to going watch the second team next season as well , for those able you can't beat going live down lane to watch a match rarther than staying at home I should have said
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

greenhouse
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by greenhouse » 11 Sep 2019, 09:44

maybe sky could share the games out more evenly, the amount of times we have been on is just unfair.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 11 Sep 2019, 09:55

greenhouse wrote:maybe sky could share the games out more evenly, the amount of times we have been on is just unfair.
The problem is peoplle want to watch us and are a big attraction. More times on tv means potentially more sponsorship and bigger contracts. But constant changing of days is dreadful.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 11 Sep 2019, 09:59

mart0042 wrote:
greenhouse wrote:maybe sky could share the games out more evenly, the amount of times we have been on is just unfair.
The problem is peoplle want to watch us and are a big attraction. More times on tv means potentially more sponsorship and bigger contracts. But constant changing of days is dreadful.
This.
It’s similar to football. Apart from the supporters of the teams, who really wants to see Bournemouth V Brighton as the prime game on a weekend. With SL, would you be happy watching Huddersfield v Hull KR one week, followed the week after by Wakefield v Catalans? Armchair viewers want to see the best games week on week. Unfortunately that means that the entertaining teams get put on TV more often

Juscas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Juscas » 11 Sep 2019, 10:14

braytontiger wrote:
Mucky1978 wrote:Am I the only person who doesn’t even notice the drum I’m to busy shouting and watching the game to even notice.
I always stand at the railway end “scoreboard” and I can’t say as I hear the drum at all.

Back to season tickets it’s good value if your available and watch all our teams. For me personally it doesn’t work and hasn’t done for a couple of years so I will pay individually for the games I want to attend. The problem with that is as I’ve found this year that if I have a better option of doing something else I’ve tended to miss the rugby especially if it’s on sky and that goes for home and away games, I’m sure I’m not the only person which is a shame as I did around a 20 year spell where I could count on 1 hand the number of games I’d missed.
I’m completely the same didn’t miss a game for years but once I gave season ticket Up at end of 2018 because of sky moving fixtures.it’s very surprising how the missed games add up.and now I’m out of the routine of going no matter what.I’m not sure I will ever get back to the level of interest I once had.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 11 Sep 2019, 10:24

This is why the club needs to do more on a match day.

The entertainment is dull as dishwater, we never have any theme days, we never have anything going on around the training pitch or on it that’s remotely different.

It’s getting to the stage where the club is so stuck in its way and it pain me to say it, that even teams like York are better at it than us. When we do it’s a local singer no one has heard of.

It may not appeal to everyone or might not drag Joe Public from his armchair 100 miles away but it might drag a few speccies out from locally who may bypass it.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 11 Sep 2019, 10:25

mart0042 wrote: The problem is peoplle want to watch us and are a big attraction.
Yes the armchair viewer can’t get enough of our 5 drives and a kick which is what we’ve served up over the vast majority of the season.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 11 Sep 2019, 10:32

HuddsTigers wrote:This is why the club needs to do more on a match day.

The entertainment is dull as dishwater, we never have any theme days, we never have anything going on around the training pitch or on it that’s remotely different.

It’s getting to the stage where the club is so stuck in its way and it pain me to say it, that even teams like York are better at it than us. When we do it’s a local singer no one has heard of.

It may not appeal to everyone or might not drag Joe Public from his armchair 100 miles away but it might drag a few speccies out from locally who may bypass it.
I agree there's not much going on but is that what makes people go or not
I agree with Alf the rugby served up this season as not been of a open nature the speccies are used to a fear of that continuing next year will put people off rarther than whats happening offthe field
Vince Lombardi

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 11 Sep 2019, 10:39

If people think they are going to get value for money, they are more likely to attend. That includes everything from the moment you step through the gates from entertainment, to the game, to speed of service, to facilities.

I’m not saying it will or won’t but if there was something like a real ale festival on by the training pitch with loads of local sellers, and did a big push locally, it may encourage a lot more neutrals to spend their money to get entry particularly if part of the ticket price you got two free beer tokens or something.

The whole sporting culture is changing. It’s becoming an event culture. There was an article I read yesterday looking at how likes of darts have embraced this. It isn’t about the sport as such, it’s about going for a good night out with mates, having a laugh, fancy dress etc. If we have loads of night games, we have to find a way of making the game a good night out that encourages people before and after to stay.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 11 Sep 2019, 10:41

HuddsTigers wrote:This is why the club needs to do more on a match day.

Do you mean "match night"?
I think this is the root cause to be honest.
The club don't put on any activities for kids as there are barely any there. When they do, they get it wrong - kids for a quid was a great idea, but then the club made the rule that all kids had to be in the ground over 90 minutes before kick-off, on the coldest night of the year, and then provided absolutely diddly squat that occupied them).

thedogvinnie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by thedogvinnie » 11 Sep 2019, 10:42

HuddsTigers wrote:If people think they are going to get value for money, they are more likely to attend. That includes everything from the moment you step through the gates from entertainment, to the game, to speed of service, to facilities.

I’m not saying it will or won’t but if there was something like a real ale festival on by the training pitch with loads of local sellers, and did a big push locally, it may encourage a lot more neutrals to spend their money to get entry particularly if part of the ticket price you got two free beer tokens or something.

The whole sporting culture is changing. It’s becoming an event culture. There was an article I read yesterday looking at how likes of darts have embraced this. It isn’t about the sport as such, it’s about going for a good night out with mates, having a laugh, fancy dress etc. If we have loads of night games, we have to find a way of making the game a good night out that encourages people before and after to stay.
The only problem with a real ale fest is that certain "fans" cant handle the crap lager thats on sale, and get a bit unruly, can you imagine them full of plum porter??????

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 11 Sep 2019, 10:47

HuddsTigers wrote:If people think they are going to get value for money, they are more likely to attend. That includes everything from the moment you step through the gates from entertainment, to the game, to speed of service, to facilities.

Yeah im not trying to be a ambassador for selling cas season tickets there's a hard-core that will go come what may but there's a lot more the club could do to enhance the match day experience no question
Vince Lombardi

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 11 Sep 2019, 10:49

HuddsTigers wrote: The whole sporting culture is changing. It’s becoming an event culture. There was an article I read yesterday looking at how likes of darts have embraced this. It isn’t about the sport as such, it’s about going for a good night out with mates, having a laugh, fancy dress etc. If we have loads of night games, we have to find a way of making the game a good night out that encourages people before and after to stay.
Exactly this. There has to be something to go alongside the rugby to draw in new supporters.
It doesn't need to happen every game, but we need to make coming to Tiger Town an enjoyable experience.
To be honest, some of the ideas could be so simple. Stuff like 80s and 90s themed games, where supporters are encouraged to wear old shirts, and there is a tribute band from the era playing on the training pitch before the game would immediately generate interest (these go down a storm in other contexts, there is no reason they wouldn't at Cas).
Let's have a 'Kids for a Quid' game on a Sunday (if we have one) when they can actually attend. Put on bouncy castles, face painting, Mr Tumble lookalikes....whatever. Just make it a family afternoon our that includes the rugby, rather than just the rugby.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 11 Sep 2019, 10:54

I’m old school. The match day experience is the match, so I do what I’ve always done, arrive as close to KO as possible. On Sky days, add five minutes to 7.45 as they never kick off at the advertised time even with a 45 min buildup.

thedogvinnie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by thedogvinnie » 11 Sep 2019, 12:43

what he said :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Juscas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Juscas » 11 Sep 2019, 12:49

I only go for the rugby but I do see what people are saying with regards making it an event
The club has to offer more than what you get sat on your sofa watching it on tv to entice customers back

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 11 Sep 2019, 13:00

Sad in a way were having to look to add on bits off the field to entice more people in to watch rugby league
Back in the day people flocked to watch rugby league just to watch the battle that was about to take place in the middle
Vince Lombardi

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 11 Sep 2019, 13:33

Not decided on either way yet but as it stands I will not be renewing our 3 next year. Having said that if there is an improvement on recruitment for next year I will think again.

I am also in the group of “Ban the drum” as it is unnecessary and very annoying. I can only imagine what sort of person it is that stands there making such a ridiculous racket thinking he/she is making a difference to the fans and the players. Well it is more negative listening to the fans around me on match days.

I also don’t see Sky not choosing us after a mediocre season, possibly finish in the play offs isn’t mediocre at all. If we are anywhere near 2017 we will be on more often so more games moved. Thankfully being self employed doesn’t affect me at all.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 11 Sep 2019, 16:34

I think the timing of the Gale rumour is really unfortunate.
It needs putting to bed one way or another asap
The uncertainty is not going to help sales

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 11 Sep 2019, 16:44

Tamworth Tiger wrote:I think the timing of the Gale rumour is really unfortunate.
It needs putting to bed one way or another asap
The uncertainty is not going to help sales
Correct :clap: