On to London

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: On to London

Post by HuddsTigers » 11 Aug 2019, 10:12

Fumper27 wrote:Who impressed yesterday and who didn’t?
See Egodo nailed another two scores. His try to game radio must be up there?
Mata’utia had a good first half but quiet second half

Rankin had a decent game

Egodo played well for the most part - took an absolutely huge bomb off Abdull that I felt certain he would end up cacking his underpants for and drop it/let it bounce. Finished off two fairly simple tries and made some good carries.

Millo played well and Jesse added enthusiasm when he came on too.

Rest were just solid. Neither here nor there. No one had a poor game per se, just pretty average all around. Did what we had to.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 11 Aug 2019, 10:17

As Egodo gone for next season? Wouldn't it be worth keeping him for next season if not there's just something that makes me think if he cuts out some mistakes hel make up into a decent winger
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 11 Aug 2019, 10:43

tigerfeat wrote:As Egodo gone for next season? Wouldn't it be worth keeping him for next season if not there's just something that makes me think if he cuts out some mistakes hel make up into a decent winger
I think this too. He could be our Jermaine McGillvary

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 11 Aug 2019, 11:16

Tamworth Tiger wrote:
daytona wrote:Sat in fifth only 2 wins behind second placed Warrington, who have been the darlings of the pundits most of the year speaks volumes I think. Not a great year, but we are still in the mix for play offs and me being a rose tinted optimistic type of guy who knows? We might even do something special against all the odds. Thought Ellis grew into the game which seemed to free up Truman and barring a shocking decision by ref we’d have won by a few more. Rankin is definitely best full back we have and Pete went well in centre. Best game from Blair for a few weeks as well. He timed the pass to Egodu for his is try perfectly.
Just to add we have beaten everyone at least once except Saints and have the fourth best defence and fifth best attack. Let’s also not forget that we only had 7 of our first choice 13 and 7 of our first choice 17 playing tonight which is probably a higher proportion than we have had for most of the season
Frustrating I know but the difference between success and failure is small. Luke Gale out for a season or Blake Austin for a small number of matches. Who has had the more successful season?Lets see in a couple of months. My prediction is that Warrington with all the money they’ve spent will have no more trophies than us. Let’s get real.

Good post TT.

I'm hoping that, wherever we finish this season, the core of how we have performed over the last 5 years is still intact and we will be stronger for the adversity we've experienced throughout this year and will come back firing next term.

It would be good to have at least one "Wow" performance before the year is out to show we still have a strong backbone and some fight in us.

Fryston Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Fryston Tiger » 11 Aug 2019, 11:26

nottinghamtiger wrote:
tigerfeat wrote: I'm not going to argue with you about trueman you think he's crap I think hel play for England
Just to put the debate about Trueman into perspective:
At the same age, Luke Gale was playing in the third tier at Doncaster.
Blake Austin had not played a single first-grade game.
Danny McGuire had played 3 games for Leeds.
George Williams had played a handful of games for Wigan.
Danny Brough had not played a top-flight game.
Gareth Widdop had played a handful of first grade games.
Jake Trueman has played 55 top-flight games.
For a half back, he’s well on track to be a top one.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Tigersbarmy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigersbarmy » 11 Aug 2019, 12:09

Egodo is absolutely garbage . Has he ever played for us and not knocked on ? ‘He could be our next Jerry from Huddersfield? What are you smoking mate

Bramley Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bramley Tiger » 11 Aug 2019, 12:50

one of the most boring matches I have ever watched.first half was painfully turgid and many players just seemed to be going through the motions.the odd time we put it through the hands we looked ok but if powell is gonna continue with this one man rugby then I see nothing but dropping attendances.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 11 Aug 2019, 14:25

I don't think Powell wants to play a poor style of rugby he said last night he wants to see the players enjoy themselves
He also said it had been a tough week because they had gone over the hull kr match I took that to mean hed not held back telling the players what he thought about that defeat !
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 11 Aug 2019, 14:31

Tigersbarmy wrote:Egodo is absolutely garbage . Has he ever played for us and not knocked on ? ‘He could be our next Jerry from Huddersfield? What are you smoking mate
Opinions TB, we’re all entitled to them. Huddersfield sent JM out on loan to the lower leagues to hone his craft. I was merely suggesting we could do the same with TE. He certainly has the physique to succeed in our game, he just needs to build his confidence
Last edited by Fumper27 on 11 Aug 2019, 15:00, edited 1 time in total.

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 11 Aug 2019, 14:31

Bramley Tiger wrote:one of the most boring matches I have ever watched.first half was painfully turgid and many players just seemed to be going through the motions.the odd time we put it through the hands we looked ok but if powell is gonna continue with this one man rugby then I see nothing but dropping attendances.
Totally agree, shocking game and we have become a very difficult side to watch.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 11 Aug 2019, 14:51

Not a spectacular game but there was plenty of entertaining rugby in our last home game v Warrington

therailwayendisnigh
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by therailwayendisnigh » 11 Aug 2019, 15:56

tigerfeat wrote:As Egodo gone for next season? Wouldn't it be worth keeping him for next season if not there's just something that makes me think if he cuts out some mistakes hel make up into a decent winger
He will be at London next year, along with Aston.

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 11 Aug 2019, 16:09

Bramley Tiger wrote:one of the most boring matches I have ever watched.first half was painfully turgid and many players just seemed to be going through the motions.the odd time we put it through the hands we looked ok but if powell is gonna continue with this one man rugby then I see nothing but dropping attendances.
Standard was so poor.
Wattsy has absolutely carried us this year. As you say, what a boring game. Awful crowd. 2 points are 2 points. London should be done now I reckon.
I will be surprised if we can win 2 more games tbh.
Think we need 3 to ensure a top 5.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 11 Aug 2019, 16:35

There was a bit of a Kerfuffle in the second half.
Thought the ref put a Cas player on report but no penalty against us.
Have to admit l was a little distracted, as I was talking at time.
Not the most riveting of games

Borisfinal

Post by Borisfinal » 11 Aug 2019, 17:01

They’ve stuck with Maher for so long and he will still not make it with Cas,in my opinion,I think they should persevere with Egodo. He has power, pace and fearless, give him one to one coaching and someone who can give him good service.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 11 Aug 2019, 17:45

Egodo certainly knows were the try line is his try scoring record in the first team speaks for its self , i for one hope we keep him

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 11 Aug 2019, 18:51

gateman wrote:Egodo certainly knows were the try line is his try scoring record in the first team speaks for its self , i for one hope we keep him
If he can stop the knock one then he aint far off at all.

sirocco7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sirocco7 » 11 Aug 2019, 19:57

gateman wrote:Egodo certainly knows were the try line is his try scoring record in the first team speaks for its self , i for one hope we keep him
Powell said weeks ago he would be leaving ....

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 11 Aug 2019, 22:11

sirocco7 wrote:
Powell said weeks ago he would be leaving ....
Kipper hands Egodu out, wet kipper hands Olpherts in.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 12 Aug 2019, 09:33

Must be awful for the coaching staff and said player when the ‘we’re cutting you’ message has to be delivered.

Whilst I’ve seen some talent in Egodo, I do know he’s not upto super league standard and do not believe he ever will be.
Audacter Et Sincere