Cas forum no argument forum

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
westerbeast
Academy Player
Academy Player

Cas forum no argument forum

Post by westerbeast » 21 Jul 2019, 21:13

Sick and tired of people using the forum to take digs at each other. This forum is supposed to be about cas tigers not a forum for people to argue amongst themselves. If you want to argue do it face to face in the street. Dont sit behind your keyboard. Certain names crop up every day arguing, give it a rest and use the site for what it's here for.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Cas forum no argument forum

Post by cogito ergo sum » 21 Jul 2019, 22:08

Agree. The usual suspects turn almost every thread into a personal feud. Need to stop it being personal and sometimes abusive. It mirrors the way society in general is going, intolerant of an opposite view, confrontational and childish. Talk rugby.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 21 Jul 2019, 22:16

Agreed

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 21 Jul 2019, 22:28

If everyone put a certain poster on ignore the place would be 1000x better, you notice the difference.

Juscas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Juscas » 21 Jul 2019, 22:29

It’s the same person over and over but nothing gets done about his illiterate rants.no wonder this place is going down hill fast

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 21 Jul 2019, 22:49

It does seem that of late a few posters are in a petty fued with others being drawn in.
I have to admit that l have taken to ridiculing one poster and regretted soon after even though the insult escaped notice or censure.
It is sad that on a day when we have achieved probably our best victory of the season squabbling has replaced debate.
The number of posts and contributions seems to be dimishing in numbers.
We are all Cas fans well Jin Ger excluding yet he gets more agreement than some of our own.
Today just in case it escaped some people we beat second in the league, Cup semi finalist.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 21 Jul 2019, 23:16

casjunction wrote:It does seem that of late a few posters are in a petty fued with others being drawn in.
I have to admit that l have taken to ridiculing one poster and regretted soon after even though the insult escaped notice or censure.
It is sad that on a day when we have achieved probably our best victory of the season squabbling has replaced debate.
The number of posts and contributions seemyys to be dimishing in numbers.
We are all Cas fans well Jin Ger excluding yet he gets more agreement than some of our own.
Today just in case it escaped some people we beat second in the league, Cup semi finalist.
Very good post yes but Warrington dint try compared to some on here. thing wrong with this forum you have a small number off posters on who just can't except other people's views and go to lengths to rubbish people and even go that below the belt to have a go at there spelling or other abuse. Just for example my view my opinion Blair was right to be dropped, could post this and straight away get abuse because people don't think I should have a view and don't agree people such as Ford . Would try and derail the post just because he dint agree with me. Then many off time start getting abusive.

Juscas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Juscas » 21 Jul 2019, 23:35

flow wrote:
casjunction wrote:It does seem that of late a few posters are in a petty fued with others being drawn in.
Very good post yes but Warrington dint try compared to some on here. thing wrong with this forum you have a small number off posters on who just can't except other people's views and go to lengths to rubbish people and even go that below the belt to have a go at there spelling or other abuse. Just for example my view my opinion Blair was right to be dropped, could post this and straight away get abuse because people don't think I should have a view and don't agree people such as Ford . Would try and derail the post just because he dint agree with me. Then many off time start getting abusive.
Your what’s wrong with this forum lately take the hint

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 21 Jul 2019, 23:38

Absolutely nothing wrong with varying views that is what forums are all about so long as it’s in the correct context and doesn’t become personal.

Whilst I do not always post I do read nearly everything the funny part is those furthest apart are more like each other than they would care to admit.i love the posts between flow and fumper complete polar opposites but very much a like in there varying views.

Always going to get different views in any group the key is don’t let it become personal.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 21 Jul 2019, 23:44

Juscas wrote:
flow wrote:
Don't think so pall group off people on here just want this forum for there views now that wunt be a forum would it. For example my ideas for the team I suggested months ago worked today good old hudds tiger could not type quick enough to have a go and blame it on wire for not trying we let these jokers dominate the forum and there veiws only might as well not bother haveing one.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 21 Jul 2019, 23:47

Without dragging this thread down the same alley, where did I have a go at you?

All I said was that we would have won with or without Blair in the team (which is my opinion). Perhaps it’s you taking things too personally?

All I will say from a personal point of view is apologies to the genuine forum users who have to suffer such banal posts and for my role on that.

Think it’s time to rise above the children and pettiness and just ignore it. Bans don’t seem to work on some people. Maybe ignoring will?
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Juscas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Juscas » 21 Jul 2019, 23:56

flow wrote:
Juscas wrote:
flow wrote:
Don't think so pall group off people on here just want this forum for there views now that wunt be a forum would it. For example my ideas for the team I suggested months ago worked today good old hudds tiger could not type quick enough to have a go and blame it on wire for not trying we let these jokers dominate the forum and there veiws only might as well not bother haveing one.
Trust me if it was an X factor style vote off you would be longer gone flwo.
I agree hudds I’m going down the ignore route before I say what I really think and get banned

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 21 Jul 2019, 23:58

Differing views are fine, taking personal offence to someone disagreeing with you then derailing literally every thread you post in to have a pop at someone who disagreed with you months ago is the problem.

You'll see plenty of fine back & forths on here and there's been plenty over the years, that's not the issue.

Like Hudds posted here - saying Cas would have won today with Blair in the team is not an unreasonable statement at all and something I completely agree with, as would 99.9% of other people yet flow decided that was offensive....for some reason.

Ignore list is meh, at best, because you can still see posts when they get quoted ](*,)
Last edited by TheSheriff on 21 Jul 2019, 23:59, edited 1 time in total.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 21 Jul 2019, 23:58

Juscas wrote:
flow wrote:
Juscas wrote:
flow wrote:
Trust me if it was an X factor style vote off you would be longer gone flwo.
I agree hudds I’m going down the ignore route before I say what I really think and get banned
Wow what a little gang off keyboard warriors we have on here [-X
Last edited by flow on 22 Jul 2019, 00:03, edited 1 time in total.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 22 Jul 2019, 00:02

HuddsTigers wrote:Without dragging this thread down the same alley, where did I have a go at you?

All I said was that we would have won with or without Blair in the team (which is my opinion). Perhaps it’s you taking things too personally?

All I will say from a personal point of view is apologies to the genuine forum users who have to suffer such banal posts and for my role on that.

Think it’s time to rise above the children and pettiness and just ignore it. Bans don’t seem to work on some people. Maybe ignoring will?
But that's what you do drag the threads down if you don't agree and always got to have last word

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 22 Jul 2019, 00:03

I would argue 99.9% of people on here don’t want rid of anyone flow.

Everyone is entitled to opinions and most people are readily accepting of those, even if they differ. There’s constructive discussion and deliberately trying to antagonise people.

That there is a consistent theme says a lot - however, I reckon most have good intentions at heart with a view to improving the forum for the betterment of everyone. Perhaps it’s time to learn and play a part in that too?

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 22 Jul 2019, 00:05

flow wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:Without dragging this thread down the same alley, where did I have a go at you?

But that's what you do drag the threads down if you don't agree and always got to have last word
My post on the Warrington thread was literally my 2nd post on it post game and my own opinion, which you immediately took offence to and then started trying to personally attack me? Take some advice - take your own advice!

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 22 Jul 2019, 00:05

HuddsTigers wrote:I would argue 99.9% of people on here don’t want rid of anyone flow.

Everyone is entitled to opinions and most people are readily accepting of those, even if they differ. There’s constructive discussion and deliberately trying to antagonise people.

That there is a consistent theme says a lot - however, I reckon most have good intentions at heart with a view to improving the forum for the betterment of everyone. Perhaps it’s time to learn and play a part in that too?
Wow this want I am on about talk about looking down on people do you ever not have last word :shock: :shock:

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 22 Jul 2019, 00:05

TheSheriff wrote:. Ignore list is meh, at best, because you can still see posts when they get quoted ](*,)
Unless a considerable number of people do it. I’m in.......

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 22 Jul 2019, 00:08

flow wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:I would argue 99.9% of people on here don’t want rid of anyone flow.

Wow this want I am on about talk about looking down on people do you ever not have last word :shock: :shock:
1. That is not "talking down" on anyone, that is a literal summing up of what you did in the game thread.
2. You literally just made a pointless post to get in the "last word"

Take some advice and take your own advice, like Hudds said.