Egodo

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
flood light tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Egodo

Post by flood light tiger » 21 Jul 2019, 21:58

We cannot play him next time got to go with edan if he's not in squad for any reason then I would rather put Blair in on wing to add size and catch a ball

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 21 Jul 2019, 22:32

flood light tiger wrote:We cannot play him next time got to go with edan if he's not in squad for any reason then I would rather put Blair in on wing to add size and catch a ball
If Blair is back and Eden is unavailable, I’d go with:
FB - Rankin
RW - Minikin
RC - Mata’utia
LC - Blair
LW - Clare.

Fearless' Headguard

Post by Fearless' Headguard » 22 Jul 2019, 09:50

Tigersbarmy wrote:Why you happy with people like egodo playing for us ? He wouldn’t get in any other starting team in league
If only DP listen to you eh?

For my money Egodo has the heart of a lion the way he hangs in there...as someone elsewhere said he does keep dropping clangers but by god he does his best to make up for them rather than just backing off or sulking.

He is a project in all senses of the word (area he comes from, position, game sense, etc.) but he won't be earning much and keeps trying.

Also, he threw his lot in to move up to Yorkshire on a low contract and looking at his twitter he NEVER fails to thank and acknowledge the crowd at the Jungle or away...a lot more than some of our 'big name' players bother to do.
The fearsome hollow boom of the older boys in the deep end, The green shoots of recovery shriveled up in harsh tomorrows, Left to pick dry sticks and mumble to myself, A melancholy emblem of parish cruelty.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 22 Jul 2019, 10:01

Fearless' Headguard wrote:
Tigersbarmy wrote:Why you happy with people like egodo playing for us ? He wouldn’t get in any other starting team in league
If only DP listen to you eh?

For my money Egodo has the heart of a lion the way he hangs in there...as someone elsewhere said he does keep dropping clangers but by god he does his best to make up for them rather than just backing off or sulking.

He is a project in all senses of the word (area he comes from, position, game sense, etc.) but he won't be earning much and keeps trying.

Also, he threw his lot in to move up to Yorkshire on a low contract and looking at his twitter he NEVER fails to thank and acknowledge the crowd at the Jungle or away...a lot more than some of our 'big name' players bother to do.
well said mate i am certainly not one of the Egodo haters he was against one of the top wingers in the league yesterday and for me he came out on top he droped a couple of balls but on the flip side scored a try almost got another and was in the action that saw Charnley through n in to touch

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 22 Jul 2019, 10:06

I thought he did well again. He's playing with yet another centre partner against the second best attack in the league and Charnley against him.

He needs to play consistently to build form. Can we offer him that, probably not. Then he had to decide to wait his turn. Probably wants to play regular.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 22 Jul 2019, 10:09

Played well going forward his miss handling led to all there trys I think that's the problem with him
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Tigersbarmy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigersbarmy » 22 Jul 2019, 10:36

tigerfeat wrote:Played well going forward his miss handling led to all there trys I think that's the problem with him
That is my problem with him tiger feat . He will take a good carry in then will knock the ball on . Seem to be hell do one thing good and two things bad

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 22 Jul 2019, 10:54

I've sat back for months reading and hearing what people have been saying about young Egodo and I must say, I'm pretty disgusted with Cas fans on the treatment of him. The way some of you subject him is ridiculous.

On a forum it's fine to vent frustrations, I get that, but some have drawn a line with what they are saying about a 22 year old lad. He's also being targeted on Twitter with fans tagging him in ridicolous posts.

He's 22 FFS! he's come from the other side of the country for an opportunity of a lifetime, it's not worked out for him, but no one deserves what he's gone through the last few month. Grown adults going after a young lad, it's absolute madness.

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 22 Jul 2019, 11:05

As i put earlier in the thread the lad has all the correct materials he’s powerful, quite quick, has a good work ethic and can score a try. But what he doesn’t have yet is the knowledge on how to play top level rugby league. He is still learning. Give him a years contract and send him out on loan for the season. Monitor his performances closely and see if the regular game time develops him. His handling issues can be coached, Brian Smith did wonders with Tom Johnstone at Wakey in that regard in a short time by all accounts.

He reminds me of another winger who started shakily and went for a season long loan twice at Batley to learn the game. That player was Jermaine McGillvary and he hasn’t done too badly since.

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 22 Jul 2019, 11:11

Well I for one thought he played well going forward but yes he made a couple of defensive errors but that will come to him naturally to tidy up in time.

He is a powerful young gun who made some good runs and made some yards under heavy tackles and can come good in time on his defence.

He reminds me of Mcgillvary at Huddersfield which he never set the winger world on fire when he started out but he has now !

Give this lad some space and time you "quick to criticise" people and he could be great in a couple of years once he has moulded in, otherwise if he's let go, we may be kicking ourselves in the future !

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 22 Jul 2019, 11:12

The Firm wrote:As i put earlier in the thread the lad has all the correct materials he’s powerful, quite quick, has a good work ethic and can score a try. But what he doesn’t have yet is the knowledge on how to play top level rugby league. He is still learning. Give him a years contract and send him out on loan for the season. Monitor his performances closely and see if the regular game time develops him. His handling issues can be coached, Brian Smith did wonders with Tom Johnstone at Wakey in that regard in a short time by all accounts.

He reminds me of another winger who started shakily and went for a season long loan twice at Batley to learn the game. That player was Jermaine McGillvary and he hasn’t done too badly since.
I've just posted exactly at the same time and also referenced him to McGillvary myself !!! Spooky but great minds do think alike !!!!!

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 22 Jul 2019, 12:54

The Firm wrote:As i put earlier in the thread the lad has all the correct materials he’s powerful, quite quick, has a good work ethic and can score a try. But what he doesn’t have yet is the knowledge on how to play top level rugby league. He is still learning. Give him a years contract and send him out on loan for the season. Monitor his performances closely and see if the regular game time develops him. His handling issues can be coached, Brian Smith did wonders with Tom Johnstone at Wakey in that regard in a short time by all accounts.

Said when McGillvary played against us in the Barrow cup game when they beat us that he'd go on to make a Super League player.

As people have said, the materials are there for Egodo and he's got elements of his game that can be coached.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 22 Jul 2019, 13:02

have we defo let him go then ...tbh if he could cut out his errors might be worth keeping him another year play in second team see if he gets mistakes out of his game
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 22 Jul 2019, 13:08

I like Egodo and he could go on to become a good player if he can get his error rate down. He as been with us 3 years now but for some reason the coaching staff have struggled to improve his game.
Probably his biggest problem as been the lack of game time and the reserves coming back will certainly help other players in the future that have the raw materials like Egodo.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 22 Jul 2019, 13:13

tigerfeat wrote:have we defo let him go then ...tbh if he could cut out his errors might be worth keeping him another year play in second team see if he gets mistakes out of his game
Not been offered anything for 2020. London want him back.