Coaching

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
ron
Academy Player
Academy Player

Coaching

Post by ron » 08 Jul 2019, 18:45

My memory is not what it was but I seem to remember in pre-season that DP said that they had freshened things up for the coaching staff and that he had switched to supervising defence instead of attack.
Obviously injuries have played a vital part but, if correct, might this have been a factor,too?

classycas57
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Coaching

Post by classycas57 » 08 Jul 2019, 19:22

They are poor in attack and defence!!!!

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 08 Jul 2019, 19:50

classycas57 wrote:They are poor in attack and defence!!!!
Conceeded some soft tried but we have 4th best def in league.

It's really our attack and brain farts that have cost us 8pts. We could easily be sat in 2nd

classycas57
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classycas57 » 08 Jul 2019, 19:54

fords wrote:
classycas57 wrote:They are poor in attack and defence!!!!
Conceeded some soft tried but we have 4th best def in league.

It's really our attack and brain farts that have cost us 8pts. We could easily be sat in 2nd
Yer I know

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 09 Jul 2019, 07:31

DP as worked wonders with a patched up squad all season as its been said a few brain farts have cost us the two points our defence as improved if you look at the top two teams in the comp they have had no were near the amount of players missing just like we had when we topped the table

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 09 Jul 2019, 07:36

There still is a massive question imo on what we do in training attacking wise for the last two months we have been painful to watch it's like we have been shackled nothing has really changed when was the last time a centre or winger saw some good ball.

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 09 Jul 2019, 07:55

betts21 wrote:There still is a massive question imo on what we do in training attacking wise for the last two months we have been painful to watch it's like we have been shackled nothing has really changed when was the last time a centre or winger saw some good ball.
Last time we had a decent half back pairing.
what doesn't kill me simply makes me...stranger.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 09 Jul 2019, 10:10

gateman wrote:DP as worked wonders with a patched up squad all season as its been said a few brain farts have cost us the two points our defence as improved if you look at the top two teams in the comp they have had no were near the amount of players missing just like we had when we topped the table
You can't keep blame in injurys bad recruitment is the main reason we're the shadow off team two years ago and positing with players in key positions who not good enough.

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 09 Jul 2019, 10:40

Can blame injuries until Gale is back for me
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

CasAttack
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasAttack » 09 Jul 2019, 10:49

I made this point a month or two on here. It does seem that our attack has changed somewhat.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 09 Jul 2019, 10:50

CasAttack wrote:I made this point a month or two on here. It does seem that our attack has changed somewhat.

What attack.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 09 Jul 2019, 11:12

It wouldn't matter how much coaching you do really if the players arnt good enough last week we twice in the first half against Leeds had repeat sets under there posts or third set of six I think one of them was
Rankin dropped the ball cold on tackle one once Mata'utia did the same on tackle 1 or 2 on the other occasion
Coach killers
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 09 Jul 2019, 11:20

tigerfeat wrote:It wouldn't matter how much coaching you do really if the players arnt good enough last week we twice in the first half against Leeds had repeat sets under there posts or third set of six I think one of them was
Rankin dropped the ball cold on tackle one once Mata'utia did the same on tackle 1 or 2 on the other occasion
Coach killers
Correct.

Ken Smith
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Ken Smith » 10 Jul 2019, 08:38

Full back, half backs, hooker and loose forward have always been the backbone of a successful team even though the role of hooker is somewhat different nowadays with uncontested scrums. Cas had that in the late 60’s and early 70’s with Edwards, Hardisty, Hepworth, Ward/Dickinson and Reilly. We also had it in 2017 with Hardaker, Roberts, Gale, McShane and Milner. Without the 3 backs a team is bound to struggle, but apart from the Saints and Warrington matches no team has thrashed Cas this season, and that’s mainly because we’ve never had a settled team due to injuries. Cas might still finish 5th this season, but no way are they going to progress any further in the playoffs with an away tie against Wigan or Hull unless we get those key positions sorted this season. However next year might be much better if those positions particularly can be resolved.

mdean
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: Sacked social media

Post by mdean » 10 Jul 2019, 22:19

Was watching Friday's game on Saturday with my Father in law, discussing how there are those players who see the numbers and the shape and those who don't.

It's not individual moments, I get that: but we were tackle 4 5M out and Leeds were 7 on the long side including markers(we were in our typical set up spot, left post, so there was plenty of field left) with Pete and someone else jogging to the PTB. With some counting and checking the shape, if they'd worked hard short side we would have been 7 on 6. It is small decisions.

I have to confess, I was never a reader or understanding play and shape, catch run, fall over and play if I was lucky..... but you can't coach that, some players see it and play what is in front of them. As it was, we were set up left post for a ship long, we shipped long, Leeds numbered off and nothing happened, lost 2M.

I think we are easy to pick, we set up to a post and the full-back tells the defence which side we are going. I know it sounds too simple, but watch a game back and usually, its a simple as that.

yorkie1bn
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by yorkie1bn » 11 Jul 2019, 11:52

Will all you armchair would be coaches please turn up at the Cas training ground Monday morning to take training Monday to Friday 0700 start Your Input will be much appreciated .

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 11 Jul 2019, 12:26

yorkie1bn wrote:Will all you armchair would be coaches please turn up at the Cas training ground Monday morning to take training Monday to Friday 0700 start Your Input will be much appreciated .
If only, I'd love to!
Spreading the Cas gene pool

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 11 Jul 2019, 12:34

Flat Capper wrote:
yorkie1bn wrote:Will all you armchair would be coaches please turn up at the Cas training ground Monday morning to take training Monday to Friday 0700 start Your Input will be much appreciated .
If only, I'd love to!
Be interesting to see what they are actually doing because what ever it is it aint working.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 11 Jul 2019, 12:47

yorkie1bn, please allow me to apologise on behalf of all forum users for even daring to have an opinion. I hope you will forgive us all, as we promise to remain silent in the future, accepting the absolute dross that we’ve had to endure now for 18 months.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 11 Jul 2019, 12:58

Well said mate it's like were being coached by someone who's just won his first coaching badge not three ex internatnationls
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi