Clear Out

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Clear Out

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 08 Jul 2019, 18:10

tigerfeat wrote:We've tried to play the season without good enough half-backs without a good enough full - back and a no9 that's completely lost his form
Last season we tried to play the season without a good enough full back
And while no one can bargin for what happened to Zak Luke Gale or players losing there form that's what's killed us down the spine of the team
Nail on head

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 08 Jul 2019, 18:55

RonnieGibbs'forearm wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:We've tried to play the season without good enough half-backs without a good enough full - back and a no9 that's completely lost his form
Last season we tried to play the season without a good enough full back
And while no one can bargin for what happened to Zak Luke Gale or players losing there form that's what's killed us down the spine of the team
Nail on head
Secound this somebody on here with sense about rugby

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Post by dettoriman » 08 Jul 2019, 20:33

There's a few players who need to prove their worth next season or they'll be gone. They'll probably get away with it this year.

Foster Holmes and Moors. All injured too often.

Millo will probably retire then also.

Milner can follow if he doesn't improve on this year's efforts.

Our pack will need a massive overhaul. Which is probably why we've focused on sorting the backs out this off season.
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 08 Jul 2019, 20:55

dettoriman wrote:There's a few players who need to prove their worth next season or they'll be gone. They'll probably get away with it this year.

Our pack will need a massive overhaul. Which is probably why we've focused on sorting the backs out this off season.
For me we haven't addressed FB. Pete doesn't suit our game. We need a new one.

Halves we have Gale and Trueman. Plus Ellis for 1 more year and maybe Rankin, depending what's happening with Wardle.

So the backs are not sorted. I'd sell Wardle. Send Rankin back. Release all OOC players. Then look to bring in Evalds and Abdull.

2020 concentrate on forwards, Milo, Moors, Holmes can all go, should have plenty to spend to bring in 3 top quality players then.

Fryston Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Fryston Tiger » 09 Jul 2019, 14:44

fords wrote:
dettoriman wrote:There's a few players who need to prove their worth next season or they'll be gone. They'll probably get away with it this year.

For me we haven't addressed FB. Pete doesn't suit our game. We need a new one.

Halves we have Gale and Trueman. Plus Ellis for 1 more year and maybe Rankin, depending what's happening with Wardle.

So the backs are not sorted. I'd sell Wardle. Send Rankin back. Release all OOC players. Then look to bring in Evalds and Abdull.

2020 concentrate on forwards, Milo, Moors, Holmes can all go, should have plenty to spend to bring in 3 top quality players then.
Evalds would cost a bomb I would guess as he's under contract...Abdull has signed for Hull KR

Hepworth7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Hepworth7 » 09 Jul 2019, 19:31

HuddsTigers wrote:It might be worth people also considering the salaries of those going out to those coming in and also our quota position/non-fed position when compiling the lists. Otherwise it's completely unrealistic.

In terms of those out of contract, it's very much hard to say given I don't know the standard of who is available and/or the salary demands.

I'd completely overhaul our pack across next year with Millington, Moors and a few others off contract. Every squad needs squad players so to somehow think we're going to offload likes of Clare and get some first-choice NRL winger isn't going to happen without culling several people/reducing squad size and not bringing many people in.

Quite happy with how our backs are shaping up at the moment.
Can"t disagree with that at all and would prioritise the pack over the backs if not in the off season certainly during the next one,I'm quite keen to see how the new backs will go behind a better half back combination.Seriously hoping Gale does a Dan Carter and comes back from the Achilles problem without issue
My only concern is at full back and that Olpherts may be co-opted into the role.