Powell

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Powell

Post by Mysterio » 07 Jul 2019, 13:29

classycas57 wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:Another mothers meeting coming up on Monday ...the attack is so out of sinc as it as been most of the season you just wonder what goes on in training what ever it is is not working
But even that is surpassed tonight by some comedy capers rugby including three or four times no one having the bottle to get under a bomb and try and make a catch instead just happy to let it land in no man's land and hope for the best which just about sums up where were at
The simple truth why our attack is not working is the halfbacks are simply not skillful or experienced enough to create enough chances to win the majority of games,this coupled with players that are passed there best,and players under performing, is simply a recipe for disaster. I am not blaming true man or Aston or Rankin,but this is what the club knew we had to play with.so the problem is the clubs and no one else
:clap:
In a nutshell.

The lack of craft at half back coupled with Mata’utia being ‘found out’ as being unsuitable to our style and level of intensity we wish our shape to take, we’ve simply not got anything to offer in attack for the 3/4 to play with.

That’s why criticising Blair is wrong at this stage.

I’d rather have a better winger, but James Clare showed on Friday how far effort and commitment can take you.

If we get the right players in/back and the attitude right throughout we can go places.

If we don’t, we’ll get into trouble.
Audacter Et Sincere

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 07 Jul 2019, 15:17

Mysterio wrote:
classycas57 wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:Another mothers meeting coming up on Monday ...the attack is so out of sinc as it as been most of the season you just wonder what goes on in training what ever it is is not working
But even that is surpassed tonight by some comedy capers rugby including three or four times no one having the bottle to get under a bomb and try and make a catch instead just happy to let it land in no man's land and hope for the best which just about sums up where were at
The simple truth why our attack is not working is the halfbacks are simply not skillful or experienced enough to create enough chances to win the majority of games,this coupled with players that are passed there best,and players under performing, is simply a recipe for disaster. I am not blaming true man or Aston or Rankin,but this is what the club knew we had to play with.so the problem is the clubs and no one else
In a nutshell.

The lack of craft at half back coupled with Mata’utia being ‘found out’ as being unsuitable to our style and level of intensity we wish our shape to take, we’ve simply not got anything to offer in attack for the 3/4 to play with.

I’d rather have a better winger, but James Clare showed on Friday how far effort and commitment can take you.

If we get the right players in/back and the attitude right throughout we can go places.

Both correct. You can accommodate players like Clare if you have quality halves/fb. If not the limitations can be exposed even more.

classycas57
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classycas57 » 07 Jul 2019, 16:37

RonnieGibbs'forearm wrote:
Mysterio wrote:
classycas57 wrote:
In a nutshell.

Both correct. You can accommodate players like Clare if you have quality halves/fb. If not the limitations can be exposed even more.
So true about clare

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 07 Jul 2019, 22:15

RonnieGibbs'forearm wrote:
Mysterio wrote:
classycas57 wrote:
In a nutshell.

the question is - does dp think in his heart of hearts Pete is the right man for the job and that we're covered in the halves even with gale back? Because hes not & we#'re not.

I was a massive pete fan, hed be a perfect sub to come on and shake up a few defenders maybe, but we cant afford the quota spot.

will daryl look to jon to move him on?
Audacter Et Sincere

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 07 Jul 2019, 22:24

I still think we need to give Mata’utia a shot at right centre. He played most of his NRL games in that position and his move to full back only seems to have happened since he joined Leigh, where I’m pretty sure he was the best option, but it’s maybe not his best position.
In 2017, Mata’utia played 24 games in the centre at Newcastle (and that’s where he played every game in 2016 too). Anyone holding down a centre spot in the NRL is surely worth giving a shot at playing there in SL before we decide he isn’t good enough?
IF we can find an option at full-back, I’d be tempted to let Mata’utia, Blair and Shenton fight it out for the two centre spots.

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 07 Jul 2019, 22:50

nottinghamtiger wrote:I still think we need to give Mata’utia a shot at right centre. He played most of his NRL games in that position and his move to full back only seems to have happened since he joined Leigh, where I’m pretty sure he was the best option, but it’s maybe not his best position.
In 2017, Mata’utia played 24 games in the centre at Newcastle (and that’s where he played every game in 2016 too). Anyone holding down a centre spot in the NRL is surely worth giving a shot at playing there in SL before we decide he isn’t good enough?
IF we can find an option at full-back, I’d be tempted to let Mata’utia, Blair and Shenton fight it out for the two centre spots.
Maybe so. All seems a bit of a mess.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 07 Jul 2019, 22:50

nottinghamtiger wrote:I still think we need to give Mata’utia a shot at right centre. He played most of his NRL games in that position and his move to full back only seems to have happened since he joined Leigh, where I’m pretty sure he was the best option, but it’s maybe not his best position.
all three mentioned are lacking in the pace department like to have at least one centre with some pace

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 07 Jul 2019, 22:57

flow wrote:
all three mentioned are lacking in the pace department like to have at least one centre with some pace
No doubt, but some of the best centres haven’t been particularly quick. Webster did well for us and he had very little pace. Jamie Lyon is one of the best centres I’ve seen play the game, but he was slower than most prop forwards.
I just think we should give Mata’utia the chance to play in what could be his best position, before we bin him off as useless. Relies on us bringing in a full-back though, and I can’t see that happening.

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 08 Jul 2019, 12:38

In NRL Matautia made his name as a wing and centre so should know what he is doing in the three quarters.