win for our 19s

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
John
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: win for our 19s

Post by John » 27 Jun 2019, 10:15

There is no interest in the 19s never has been when they got to the final a couple years ago still no media input and no one watching them but it does not get advertised by the media like the womens team day in day out if the women went pro do you realy think cas will pay them not a chance lets see if any so called fans will support the reserves team next year

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 27 Jun 2019, 18:31

The women’s team has its own social media page, whoever runs it is obviously keen to push the team more than the club pushes the academy games.

Does not watching the reserves make someone less of a fan?

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 27 Jun 2019, 18:54

well i for one will watch our second team i hope i get as much enjoyment out of them as i do watching any team in CAS colours , first team players have to come through the system to learn their trade, hats off to all the amateur teams that start these players off on their long journey to professionalism

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 05 Jul 2019, 06:33

My son and l went to last nights match V Leeds hoping for the best and fearing the worst , the match finished 28-28 and what a cracking match it was, it was by far our lads best display of the season hats off to all the 17 who took the field, Peachey showed why he is so highly thought of making some great carries , Storey put a good stint in eager for work, being from Normy it was pleasing for me to see the Carr brothers on the score sheet Lewis scored one and his brother Kieran two, thanks lads from a very satisfied CAS fan

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 05 Jul 2019, 08:51

gateman wrote:My son and l went to last nights match V Leeds hoping for the best and fearing the worst , the match finished 28-28 and what a cracking match it was, it was by far our lads best display of the season hats off to all the 17 who took the field, Peachey showed why he is so highly thought of making some great carries , Storey put a good stint in eager for work, being from Normy it was pleasing for me to see the Carr brothers on the score sheet Lewis scored one and his brother Kieran two, thanks lads from a very satisfied CAS fan
Very entertaining game, I’d agree it’s the best they have played at home this year. The stand outs for me were kian Morgan and Lewis peachy in the forwards who set a good platform whilst jake sweeting and Robbie storey who between them gave Leeds all kinds of problems down the right edge.

Jarry

Post by Jarry » 11 Jul 2019, 14:55

I think the whole team played well some people are bias about naming certain players and not giving credit to others!

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 12 Jul 2019, 08:20

Jarry wrote:I think the whole team played well some people are bias about naming certain players and not giving credit to others!
No bias intended mate, i dont miss many of these matches when we are not at home its just my assessment i post, the club does not put its self out to report either on the 19s or 16s the 16s have not lost a match this season they played up at Newcastle early this week no report as yet

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 12 Jul 2019, 08:31

gateman wrote:
Jarry wrote:I think the whole team played well some people are bias about naming certain players and not giving credit to others!
No bias intended mate, i dont miss many of these matches when we are not at home its just my assessment i post, the club does not put its self out to report either on the 19s or 16s the 16s have not lost a match this season they played up at Newcastle early this week no report as yet

I know cas follows the game on twitter and gives update, like tries scorers and up to date score.
A couple of the lads did video interviews after the game.
Might be an idea to get on twitter, that’s were the club do most of there promotions.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 12 Jul 2019, 12:38

There are reports up

For some reason, there's no joined up thinking at the club where everything is published on the front page. So presumably the 16s and 19s have to do the same as the women and post their own content in their own sections

Here's the 16s report https://www.castlefordtigers.com/article.php?id=6463

Might be worth keeping a tab on these sections if this is the case:

19s News https://www.castlefordtigers.com/team.p ... &show=news
Scholarship News: https://www.castlefordtigers.com/team.p ... &show=news
Womens News: https://www.castlefordtigers.com/team.p ... &show=news
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 12 Jul 2019, 13:08

SREGITSAC wrote:The women’s team has its own social media page, whoever runs it is obviously keen to push the team more than the club pushes the academy games.

Does not watching the reserves make someone less of a fan?
You’re a closet bully.

Trying to make someone feel awkward for pushing the young lads, baiting them about if you don’t go to watch them he’s saying you’re not a proper fan, then even trying to back them into a corner about suggesting they’re not being politically correct or have said something wrong about women attracting more than men.

I love watching the girls, it’s a good standard, and all those shorts and legs, some folks probably agree to go with their other half just to have a closer look Phew Hahahaha...!!

Let’s nor forget our bread and butter is our first team men’s operational and on field success. That’s not to say the women don’t get respect and resources. Yes, they’re separate entitties, but, the men’s game is the main product. That should include as much support for the young next Michael Shenton or Liam Watts coming through with the women too.
Audacter Et Sincere

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 12 Jul 2019, 16:04

HuddsTigers wrote:There are reports up

For some reason, there's no joined up thinking at the club where everything is published on the front page. So presumably the 16s and 19s have to do the same as the women and post their own content in their own sections

Here's the 16s report https://www.castlefordtigers.com/article.php?id=6463

Might be worth keeping a tab on these sections if this is the case:

19s News https://www.castlefordtigers.com/team.p ... &show=news
Scholarship News: https://www.castlefordtigers.com/team.p ... &show=news
Womens News: https://www.castlefordtigers.com/team.p ... &show=news
Thanks for the info

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 13 Jul 2019, 08:32

Under 19s well beaten 44-12 at saints. Had a dig first half but dropped off in the second half.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 13 Jul 2019, 08:47

i only go to the home matches but it is always a big ask to go over to saints and come away with any thing as our first team will vouch for that, i hall be missing the 19s next home match,as i will be at Doncaster races evening meeting

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 13 Jul 2019, 09:00

gateman wrote:i only go to the home matches but it is always a big ask to go over to saints and come away with any thing as our first team will vouch for that, i hall be missing the 19s next home match,as i will be at Doncaster races evening meeting
For whatever reason the team just cannot field the same team from one week to the next, other than the pre season friendly game against saints I don’t think we’ve managed to field our strongest team all season. Even yesterday we lost or half back in the warm up then his replacement went off injured after 15 minutes

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 25 Jul 2019, 22:08

Lost against Huddersfield tonight.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 26 Jul 2019, 08:06

i could not make it tonight prearranged outing to the races,losing a few players have weakened the under 19S this year things will improve as our currant under 16S come of age that is if the club can keep them, with the form they have been in this season the vultures will be circling

Show 'n' Go
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Show 'n' Go » 26 Jul 2019, 09:33

I managed to catch both the U16 & U19 games this week (I'd like to go the the Final at Bolton but the red button will have to do).

Thought the 19's had a fair dig last night and did well to get back to 16-16, but just ran out of steam in the 2nd half. Been to watch them a few times this year, and there seems to be a host of different players each week which won't help. 3 or 4 players stood out as having decent potential, would like to see a couple make it in the first team.

As for the U16s, it was like watching Cas in 2017, everything they did stuck and looked good, they look a classy side!

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 26 Jul 2019, 09:43

Show 'n' Go wrote:As for the U16s, it was like watching Cas in 2017, everything they did stuck and looked good, they look a classy side!
Should be a priority now for the club to keep this current 16's side together, the longer they have with each other, the more success we should see in years to come.

Would be nice to finally have a youth side that can rival Wigan and Saints.

Frankas
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Frankas » 26 Jul 2019, 12:10

They show the under 16s, 19s, and Tigers's games on Tiger TV, Plus the first team, and interviews with all the lads and lass's

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 26 Jul 2019, 12:18

Frankas wrote:They show the under 16s, 19s, and Tigers's games on Tiger TV, Plus the first team, and interviews with all the lads and lass's
Does it show the under 19s matches live
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi