win for our 19s

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

win for our 19s

Post by gateman » 23 Jun 2019, 09:41

our under 19s won away at Hull academy any one got any info on the game ??

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: win for our 19s

Post by gateman » 24 Jun 2019, 09:48

i am one of the few CAS fans that take an interest in the 19s and 16s teams the 19s won last week and no one as any lnfo our under 16s are at home this Saturday are they playing at Weldon rd or the panthers ?? these lads have won all the games they have played and are well worth watching

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 24 Jun 2019, 10:05

gateman wrote:i am one of the few CAS fans that take an interest in the 19s and 16s teams the 19s won last week and no one as any lnfo our under 16s are at home this Saturday are they playing at Weldon rd or the panthers ?? these lads have won all the games they have played and are well worth watching
I was at the 19s game. Well deserved winners the score line flattered hull. 6 tries to 3 with a dominant display. Some good individual performances but a good team effort.
Double header at the jungle next Saturday 16s first followed by the 19s. I hope people attend it’s absolutely shocking that we can get 1400 people for a woman’s match but your lucky to get 200 for a 19s game most of which are parents and family.

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 24 Jun 2019, 11:02

braytontiger wrote:
gateman wrote:i am one of the few CAS fans that take an interest in the 19s and 16s teams the 19s won last week and no one as any lnfo our under 16s are at home this Saturday are they playing at Weldon rd or the panthers ?? these lads have won all the games they have played and are well worth watching
I was at the 19s game. Well deserved winners the score line flattered hull. 6 tries to 3 with a dominant display. Some good individual performances but a good team effort.
Double header at the jungle next Saturday 16s first followed by the 19s. I hope people attend it’s absolutely shocking that we can get 1400 people for a woman’s match but your lucky to get 200 for a 19s game most of which are parents and family.
Why’s that shocking? The women’s game is being well promoted our 16s and 19s games aren’t. The women are unbeaten, our 19s haven’t been going so well... you can see from the main team that our fans are fickle and only grow if the teams win week in week out. The women’s crowd was similar the U19s crowd last year when I went (to both) a few hundred mainly friends and family (as you said) but that’s changed and in my opinion it’s due to the poor form of the men, the fact they play every game at the Jungle, their form and the marketing of the game.

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 24 Jun 2019, 11:13

You answer the reason yourself there,nothing against the woman’s team as you say it’s marketed very will and this should be the blueprint for all our teams games to attract the best possible gates.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 24 Jun 2019, 11:28

We shouldn't turn the success of the women's game into a negative and I take the point about the under 19s deserving better marketing and support
People are brought up in cas with the classy cas type of rugby that's the reason the women's team is prospering I lost count of the number of people yesterday who said to me how nice to see that kind of rugby down lane this year rarther than the head down arse up dreary rugby the men have served up
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 24 Jun 2019, 12:16

braytontiger wrote:You answer the reason yourself there,nothing against the woman’s team as you say it’s marketed very will and this should be the blueprint for all our teams games to attract the best possible gates.
thanks for the update braytontiger the Knights have no match this week so i will be down to watch both games, as people are wanting to watch a winning team the 16s are a good side and have not lost a match, looking forward to both games, thanks again for your reply

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 24 Jun 2019, 12:35

I see the success of the Women's Team being a more successful marketing tool for the club than the U19s or U16s. No disrespect to them but having a Women's Team that inspires youth and opens doors for young females into the sport and our club is much more invaluable. When it comes to growing attendances, we need to attract a diverse portfolio of people.

Add into the fact games are played on a Sunday afternoon, the enthusiasm of fans in terms of piggybacking off their success to market them, the fact that the rugby is a good standard, and the fact the Women's Team do a great job of pushing themselves on places like social media. Not sure if it's free for ST holders for the academy but that's also a huge factor I'd imagine. These are all factors as to why I've gone down and why I'll keep going to games when I can.

If the first team games are going to be Thurs/Fri in the majority for the foreseeable future, perhaps the club should make a decent fist of scheduling Academy games on Saturday/Sunday, maybe even a double header with the Women's games in order to attract more people down.

Imagine having 1400 people in the ground for a Women's Game and Academy game all spending money on food/drinks at the bar.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 24 Jun 2019, 13:16

Women's sport is flourishing now... were lucky to have a team at cas tigers who could dominate the game in the next few years
Vince Lombardi

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 24 Jun 2019, 16:59

tigerfeat wrote:Women's sport is flourishing now... were lucky to have a team at cas tigers who could dominate the game in the next few years
Didn't we say the same about the men in 2017? I can only hope the Tigresses do build on their current standing...
Spreading the Cas gene pool

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 24 Jun 2019, 17:12

Yes mate dont know how good leeds or saints women's teams are just got a feeling this cas team would take a lot of beating
Vince Lombardi

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 24 Jun 2019, 17:27

tigerfeat wrote:Yes mate dont know how good leeds or saints women's teams are just got a feeling this cas team would take a lot of beating
They are good and were both unbeaten in super league until they played us... it’s a really open league, Leeds and saints are beating everyone & Bradford are up there too (won league two years ago). Wigan won the league last year and are now getting nilled by saints.

I can’t see anything other than a Cas win at the moment, they are blowing teams away and seem to have enough about them to do the job. Last year when they lost the Cc final to Leeds they had a really young and inexperienced squad, they’ve since recruited a few more experienced players (ex bradford and Leeds players that have won finals) that I believe will see us get some silverware.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 24 Jun 2019, 17:55

Leeds won the cup last year at our expense but they've lost a few players including to us and are currently in a rebuild.

Saints are the hardest out the three and we did them down t'lane competently enough and they had one sent off too.

We should fear no one but Wakey is the easiest draw out the 3. We've a strong chance of winning it this year.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Johnlewis1920
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Johnlewis1920 » 26 Jun 2019, 10:21

Looking at the clubs website for a report on a win for our U19 you would think we had lost no report no report of our ladies win what is going on with our media with Huddersfield Tiger having a full time job and the amount of information he submits holding down a job as well give him a job at cas I might not agree with all his posts but you would not be lacking in information

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 27 Jun 2019, 09:43

Johnlewis1920 wrote:Looking at the clubs website for a report on a win for our U19 you would think we had lost no report no report of our ladies win what is going on with our media with Huddersfield Tiger having a full time job and the amount of information he submits holding down a job as well give him a job at cas I might not agree with all his posts but you would not be lacking in information
the club ought to get its finger out to promote all our matches whether its the ladies 19s or 16s i have watched our under 16s at lock lane there as been healthy crowds thanks to NO help from the club ,with the 16S and 19S doing a double header and a sunny day forecast i hope the CAS faithful get down in numbers on Saturday

John
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by John » 27 Jun 2019, 10:15

There is no interest in the 19s never has been when they got to the final a couple years ago still no media input and no one watching them but it does not get advertised by the media like the womens team day in day out if the women went pro do you realy think cas will pay them not a chance lets see if any so called fans will support the reserves team next year

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 27 Jun 2019, 18:31

The women’s team has its own social media page, whoever runs it is obviously keen to push the team more than the club pushes the academy games.

Does not watching the reserves make someone less of a fan?

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 27 Jun 2019, 18:54

well i for one will watch our second team i hope i get as much enjoyment out of them as i do watching any team in CAS colours , first team players have to come through the system to learn their trade, hats off to all the amateur teams that start these players off on their long journey to professionalism

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 05 Jul 2019, 06:33

My son and l went to last nights match V Leeds hoping for the best and fearing the worst , the match finished 28-28 and what a cracking match it was, it was by far our lads best display of the season hats off to all the 17 who took the field, Peachey showed why he is so highly thought of making some great carries , Storey put a good stint in eager for work, being from Normy it was pleasing for me to see the Carr brothers on the score sheet Lewis scored one and his brother Kieran two, thanks lads from a very satisfied CAS fan

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 05 Jul 2019, 08:51

gateman wrote:My son and l went to last nights match V Leeds hoping for the best and fearing the worst , the match finished 28-28 and what a cracking match it was, it was by far our lads best display of the season hats off to all the 17 who took the field, Peachey showed why he is so highly thought of making some great carries , Storey put a good stint in eager for work, being from Normy it was pleasing for me to see the Carr brothers on the score sheet Lewis scored one and his brother Kieran two, thanks lads from a very satisfied CAS fan
Very entertaining game, I’d agree it’s the best they have played at home this year. The stand outs for me were kian Morgan and Lewis peachy in the forwards who set a good platform whilst jake sweeting and Robbie storey who between them gave Leeds all kinds of problems down the right edge.