Salford Reds Friday

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
classycas57
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Salford Reds Friday

Post by classycas57 » 18 Jun 2019, 17:27

fords wrote:
lurcher wrote:
fords wrote:
old cas lass wrote:
Scoopage wrote:Really don’t fancy us Friday.were in no sort of form whatsoever.salford are string some results together and performances.hope I’m wrong but 30-12 salford

I feel same.
Our rugby is boring and slow.
Maybe the backlash Daryl gave them after the game on Thursday might liven them up, who knows.
I know jesse said it was awesome, not sure what he means by awesome but the players apparently had some sort of meeting.
Let’s see if it’s worked come Friday.
Awesome. Thursday result was far from awesome I'd say.
jesse said he didn't want to be the one who leaked what was said in the lock in but he believes it will be a springboard for the rest of the season.
I fail to see what that could even be tbh. Even Gale playing next week wouldn't change a thing.
I think if gale plays it might add another 6 points a game to our score that's all.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 19 Jun 2019, 12:39

Matautia
Clare
Minikin
Blair
Eden
Rankin
Aston
Watts
McShane
Smith
McMeeken
Sene-Lefao
Massey

Cook
Moors
Millington
Trueman

Keep Trueman on the bench to give us options in the halves and at hooker if need be. Not completely dropping him then when his confidence is low but also giving him a chance to come off the bench and show us what he's got.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 19 Jun 2019, 12:46

Matautia
Claire
Minikin
Blair
Eden
Rankin
Trueman
Watts
Mcshane
Smith
Mcmeeken
Lefao
Massey

Cook
Moors
Millington
Aston

I'd use Aston as an interchange hooker, add a bit of pace and zip. 2 10minute spells at the end of each half against a tired defence. Can also slot into half if needed.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 19 Jun 2019, 12:56

KB80 wrote:Matautia
Claire
Minikin
Blair
Eden
Rankin
Trueman
Watts
Mcshane
Smith
Mcmeeken
Lefao
Massey

Cook
Moors
Millington
Aston

I'd use Aston as an interchange hooker, add a bit of pace and zip. 2 10minute spells at the end of each half against a tired defence. Can also slot into half if needed.
Hardly worth using 3/8 of our available interchanges on bringing Aston on, off, then on again

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 19 Jun 2019, 13:10

Fumper27 wrote:
KB80 wrote:Matautia
Claire
Minikin
Blair
Eden
Rankin
Trueman
Watts
Mcshane
Smith
Mcmeeken
Lefao
Massey

Cook
Moors
Millington
Aston

Hardly worth using 3/8 of our available interchanges on bringing Aston on, off, then on again
Fair point although depends on his impact. Cant be much worse than using 2 to bring Clark on for 5 minutes as has happened recently.

Maybe 20-25 minute spell after 30 minutes instead. Mcshane looks jaded doing 80 at present and we definately need to be a bit less predictable.

classycas57
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classycas57 » 19 Jun 2019, 13:43

Wouldn't play Truman this week at all

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 19 Jun 2019, 13:59

fords wrote:
lurcher wrote:
fords wrote:
old cas lass wrote:
Scoopage wrote:Really don’t fancy us Friday.were in no sort of form whatsoever.salford are string some results together and performances.hope I’m wrong but 30-12 salford

I feel same.
Maybe the backlash Daryl gave them after the game on Thursday might liven them up, who knows.
I know jesse said it was awesome, not sure what he means by awesome but the players apparently had some sort of meeting.
jesse said he didn't want to be the one who leaked what was said in the lock in but he believes it will be a springboard for the rest of the season.
I fail to see what that could even be tbh. Even Gale playing next week wouldn't change a thing.
Worked for Hull the other year when they locked Radford out the dressing room and had a players meeting.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 19 Jun 2019, 14:08

I feel same.
Let’s see if it’s worked come Friday.[/quote]

Awesome. Thursday result was far from awesome I'd say.[/quote]
jesse said he didn't want to be the one who leaked what was said in the lock in but he believes it will be a springboard for the rest of the season.[/quote]

I fail to see what that could even be tbh. Even Gale playing next week wouldn't change a thing.[/quote]

Worked for Hull the other year when they locked Radford out the dressing room and had a players meeting.[/quote]

So your saying DP was locked out of the meeting ?

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 19 Jun 2019, 14:25

fords wrote:I feel same.
Awesome. Thursday result was far from awesome I'd say.[/quote]
jesse said he didn't want to be the one who leaked what was said in the lock in but he believes it will be a springboard for the rest of the season.[/quote]

I fail to see what that could even be tbh. Even Gale playing next week wouldn't change a thing.[/quote]

Worked for Hull the other year when they locked Radford out the dressing room and had a players meeting.[/quote]

So your saying DP was locked out of the meeting ?[/quote]

Not a clue mate, just trying to use an example that a players meeting can sometimes work. I only know what’s written in this thread about a meeting, I’m not in the know at all.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 19 Jun 2019, 16:48

derbystiger wrote:
fords wrote:I feel same.

So your saying DP was locked out of the meeting ?[/quote]

Not a clue mate, just trying to use an example that a players meeting can sometimes work. I only know what’s written in this thread about a meeting, I’m not in the know at all.[/quote]

Me neither mate. I just can see how a meeting will change anything right now. Guess we will see over the coming weeks

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 19 Jun 2019, 20:15

classycas57 wrote:Wouldn't play Truman this week at all
Don't deserve to play dropping him might give him kick up ass he needs. but he will play powell thinks sun shines out off his ass

classycas57
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classycas57 » 19 Jun 2019, 21:25

flow wrote:
classycas57 wrote:Wouldn't play Truman this week at all
Don't deserve to play dropping him might give him kick up ass he needs. but he will play powell thinks sun shines out off his ass
Yep I know.

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 19 Jun 2019, 21:55

Be the same side as last week and probably the same out come.

classycas57
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classycas57 » 20 Jun 2019, 07:52

Salford 26. Cas 18

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 20 Jun 2019, 08:22

Optimism. I like it :roll:

classycas57
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classycas57 » 20 Jun 2019, 08:24

HuddsTigers wrote:Optimism. I like it :roll:
Realism more like hudds

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 20 Jun 2019, 08:27

Trueman is coming in for some stick but at the present time, only Watts is breaking any pots in the team , we have the habit on this forum of singling players out, in the past couple of years Ellis and Massey have been singled out i bet they are glad we have found another to pick on

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 20 Jun 2019, 08:36

gateman wrote:Trueman is coming in for some stick but at the present time, only Watts is breaking any pots in the team , we have the habit on this forum of singling players out, in the past couple of years Ellis and Massey have been singled out i bet they are glad we have found another to pick on
I don’t think they give two chuffs what people on here think.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 20 Jun 2019, 08:39

Realism is knowing that we beat them earlier in the season and was 14-4 up at the weekend just gone. And Hull have a better side.

If we have any learnings from last week we should and will beat them.