Salford Reds Friday

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Salford Reds Friday

Post by HuddsTigers » 20 Jun 2019, 08:22

Optimism. I like it :roll:
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

classycas57
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classycas57 » 20 Jun 2019, 08:24

HuddsTigers wrote:Optimism. I like it :roll:
Realism more like hudds

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 20 Jun 2019, 08:27

Trueman is coming in for some stick but at the present time, only Watts is breaking any pots in the team , we have the habit on this forum of singling players out, in the past couple of years Ellis and Massey have been singled out i bet they are glad we have found another to pick on

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 20 Jun 2019, 08:36

gateman wrote:Trueman is coming in for some stick but at the present time, only Watts is breaking any pots in the team , we have the habit on this forum of singling players out, in the past couple of years Ellis and Massey have been singled out i bet they are glad we have found another to pick on
I don’t think they give two chuffs what people on here think.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 20 Jun 2019, 08:39

Realism is knowing that we beat them earlier in the season and was 14-4 up at the weekend just gone. And Hull have a better side.

If we have any learnings from last week we should and will beat them.

baldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by baldtiger » 20 Jun 2019, 09:02

I've dug me rose tinted glasses out the bin . 14 - 28 to Cas .. I agree with Aston coming on as sub to inject some pace we need to try something different were just too predictable at the moment COYF

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 20 Jun 2019, 09:11

Salford 32-16 Cas, cant see us scoring enough points to beat Salfords attacking flair from Hastings n Evalds
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 20 Jun 2019, 10:27

Evalds is quietly going about his business very well. The 2nd top try scorer in the league and he's playing fullback. Coote is 6 tries behind and he's currently meant to be the best fullback in the league. I'd take Evalds tomorrow if he became available.

classycas57
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classycas57 » 20 Jun 2019, 11:09

HuddsTigers wrote:Realism is knowing that we beat them earlier in the season and was 14-4 up at the weekend just gone. And Hull have a better side.

But we don't learn anything from previous games

classycas57
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classycas57 » 20 Jun 2019, 11:12

gateman wrote:Trueman is coming in for some stick but at the present time, only Watts is breaking any pots in the team , we have the habit on this forum of singling players out, in the past couple of years Ellis and Massey have been singled out i bet they are glad we have found another to pick on
I certainly don't give Truman any stick,I think he his simply not ready yet to have enough impact to win us tough games,

SWISS TONY!!
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SWISS TONY!! » 20 Jun 2019, 11:39

classycas57 wrote:
I certainly don't give Truman any stick,I think he his simply not ready yet to have enough impact to win us tough games,
Is it a case of Trueman having the shackles put on him by the coaches? Ie hes playing as the coaches want him to? More a case of no mistakes and get to the kick to try and control the opponents field position? I think Jake looks scared to make a mistake and doesnt try anything anymore, maybe too much pressure as people have mentioned. Rankin doesnt look a natural half to me, certainly not the type that will control a game.
Long Live The Monkey Munch!!!

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 20 Jun 2019, 11:40

classycas57 wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:Realism is knowing that we beat them earlier in the season and was 14-4 up at the weekend just gone. And Hull have a better side.

But we don't learn anything from previous games

Your right there.

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 20 Jun 2019, 12:10

SWISS TONY!! wrote:
classycas57 wrote:
Is it a case of Trueman having the shackles put on him by the coaches? Ie hes playing as the coaches want him to? More a case of no mistakes and get to the kick to try and control the opponents field position? I think Jake looks scared to make a mistake and doesnt try anything anymore, maybe too much pressure as people have mentioned. Rankin doesnt look a natural half to me, certainly not the type that will control a game.
The same can be said of McShane as I believe he is scared to try a scoot for the line any more after making that wrong decision a couple of times and one very obvious one where he should have passed the ball back to Trueman to drop goal win the game, hence the general observation of his form also dipping - The ball has become a hot potato for these players !

I think there needs to be a phsychological training confidence building aspect adopted to clear the doubt within players minds just now as this is/has/will block the natural flow of the team.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 20 Jun 2019, 12:36

SWISS TONY!! wrote:
classycas57 wrote:
Spot on you don't go from up for awards one year to garbage the next the style of play is not showing more than one player in the team in there best light
Having said that hull don't score a couple of breakaway trys last week we would have gone third in the league so it is what it is I would like to see some shackles come off now tho and the team play some rugby
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 20 Jun 2019, 13:28

There is only one person skating Trueman at every opportunity, most of us understand the situation and for me this spell will in future make him a better player.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 20 Jun 2019, 21:31

Big game tomorrow. An even bigger game a week on Sunday. London are playing some good stuff.

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 20 Jun 2019, 21:39

heritage1926 wrote:Big game tomorrow. An even bigger game a week on Sunday. London are playing some good stuff.
London look better than us with the ball from what I saw tonight.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 20 Jun 2019, 21:46

RonnieGibbs'forearm wrote:
heritage1926 wrote:Big game tomorrow. An even bigger game a week on Sunday. London are playing some good stuff.
London look better than us with the ball from what I saw tonight.
They got destroyed down the left in the second half though and we have a miles better team and pack than KR.

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 20 Jun 2019, 21:46

Next two games a must win, or we will be right in the middle of the relegation battle.
🐯 COYF!

Brummietiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Brummietiger » 20 Jun 2019, 21:49

London were very good for all except the first 10 minutes of the 2nd half. Some excellent kicking and some excellent speed from London to prevent two almost certain tries by KR when they broke away. Really hope they stay up but not in place of us of course.