Powell

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Powell

Post by yorky » 15 Jun 2019, 07:57

init wrote:Powell = Best coach in league by a country mile
Powell = Best coach Cas have had in SL era
Powell = Thank our lucky stars we have him for us not against us

I just don't get how anyone could question DP we have been devastated by injury, players are out of form and we are still 5th...

Rather this situation than fighting relegation....think about it DP has got fans in believing we can challenge the top teams and has shown in the last few years we can....compared to the garbage we have had prior to his tenure.....most fans would freely admit every season before him we would be hoping to stay in SL

Yes we should question because we want to be at the top but we should also remember DP has put us in this situation...he has made us a top side with the expectation that goes with it...I for one hope he stays with us and gets his dream of Cas lifting one of the big ones
here here, i have watched cas long enough to also agree with the above & i go back to the days of Albert Lunn & Ken Pye / Bill Bryant etc etc :clap: :clap:

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 15 Jun 2019, 08:07

Casmania wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:
Casmania wrote:
St Albans tiger wrote:Saw Gary hethrington walking into corporate hospitality last night. Had a look on his face that said, I've just sign your coach.

Just saying...
Gary is often in the club 50/vp lounge.
He his a Cas lad and his mum still lives in Castleford. He his also a big rl fan.

Besides we need as many in there as its empty at times.
Used to be full every game - can cater for 63 meals - but in the last couple of years it has been closed on quite a few occasions, with people being moved to the restaurant. Obviously that is due to the poor uptake levels in selling hospitality.

I have stayed in there post match until the early hours of the morning. Now its empty by an hour after the match.
Very fond memories, sadly can't see me making anymore.
As that side of it gone downhill since Steve Gill left or is it about the same
The decline started towards the end of Steve's tenureship, however it has increased. I've been going on the vp lounge for years, for meals etc. At times it's been standing room only. I have actually helped to wash plates and recycle them to meet demand.
In 2011 I took out the club 50 package at a cost of £5,800, plus I paid an extra £600 for the platinum package in 2013.
This included a meal and an invite to the end of season dinner. A lot of benefits have been removed by those currently managing the club.
I know for a fact that a number of individuals who also took out what is quite an expensive package will not renew.
As I said the place used to be packed and there were some great times. I remember when we turned the floodlights on at 5.00 in the morning to play bulldog and rounders with some of the club staff.
A lot of money and I mean a lot was spent over the bar. We used to have pizzas delivered at midnight.
Sadly, as I posted earlier, the club 50 is closed at times for hospitality. It does serve drinks but only to a handful of people. Normally closed an hour or so after the match. Massive amount of revenue lost. Such a shame that the club can't fill one of the few assets they have.

Does this surprise anybody?

Until you have corporate Governance throughout the club things will never improve.
It needs tranparancy so that these power mad lunatics cannot go round banning people from AGM meetings and the ground.
The problem is that if you look into this too much you might just uncover a real hornets nest.
Do you think we offer the big contracts out to tender? Is there a process ?
What is the management structure?

I am pretty sure a certain person was placed their to protect the top man.........the man that had tried to remove Gill before in a power struggle.
Its all about ego`s and Ian taking all the shares did not help one bit.
Don't ask about this years AGM as we might not even get one.

I watch when I want and I am happy to let them get on with things. For sure one day it will lead us to disaster.

On the DP issue I still want him but clearly Leeds is a bigger club and GH and he are friends.
If he wants to move he will and who could blame him
Robbo
Truth is always best !

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 15 Jun 2019, 09:19

Juscas wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:Just leaving this here....

http://www.totalrl.com/why-castleford-f ... ectations/
That’s only true if only the lower paid players are leaving.we all know contracts mean very little either way these days so why not copy the Leeds/Watkins scenario,move on Milner and maybe Holmes and you have a bit more cap to play with and let’s face it would we miss either?
Oggy is unfortunate with injuries and hardly plays and Milner has declined so far he is barely recognisable.time to get ruthless
Milner as played out of his skin over the years he as had a massive drop in form this season looking at him he looks to have put a bit of timber on has this helped his drop in form??

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 15 Jun 2019, 13:28

gateman wrote:
Juscas wrote:

That’s only true if only the lower paid players are leaving.we all know contracts mean very little either way these days so why not copy the Leeds/Watkins scenario,move on Milner and maybe Holmes and you have a bit more cap to play with and let’s face it would we miss either?
Oggy is unfortunate with injuries and hardly plays and Milner has declined so far he is barely recognisable.time to get ruthless
Milner as played out of his skin over the years he as had a massive drop in form this season looking at him he looks to have put a bit of timber on has this helped his drop in form??
He wasn't very good last season either.

westerbeast
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast » 15 Jun 2019, 16:49

RonnieGibbs'forearm wrote:
gateman wrote:
Juscas wrote:

He wasn't very good last season either.
Milner is a hooker and not big enough to play anywhere else in the pack. Compare him to the likes off Westerman, o loughlin, Scarsbrook etc.

#headsgone

Post by #headsgone » 15 Jun 2019, 18:57

Mucky1978 wrote:I think he needs to walk away at the end of the season as he really as took us as far as he can.

Leeds would be a great fit for him.

2017 will never be bettered and the poor players he as brought in since then are the reason we are going backwards ya can’t just blame the board for the signing he as the final say.

And I don’t mean take the easy option and give it to Danny Orr who is just a glorified ball boy.

Get rid of him Orr and Sheridan and start again.

Thanks for the memories Darryl you won’t be forgoton.

Oh dear oh dear - is this a joke post !!

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 16 Jun 2019, 13:24

DP re - charging batteries at present in Portugal, time to relax and bring his coaching expertise back to the club on Monday / Tuesday.

Juscas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Juscas » 16 Jun 2019, 13:56

gateman wrote:
Juscas wrote:

Has he played out of his skin apart from 2017 tho
He was a steady second choice hooker behind Clark,macca and even Scott Moore for most of his cas career.
Last year he was average and this year he has been poor.
This isn’t knocking him personally this is saying from a club point of view the cap space could be much better spent on what’s needed to improve the team

black golf

Post by black golf » 16 Jun 2019, 15:30

I find it incredible that a true supporter of Cas Tigers would even think that the club would do better without DP, who would replace him ? so overated Aussie, theres enough of those in the league already. If DP cant get the club out of the present slump what makes you think a replacement could , get real, if you are a true supported encourage the boys don't discourage them.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 16 Jun 2019, 17:13

If Danny ward keeps London up coach off year for me will be wanted by other super league clubs :-k

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 21 Jun 2019, 20:17

flow wrote:If Danny ward keeps London up coach off year for me will be wanted by other super league clubs :-k

Need to try snap him up b4 someone else does.

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 21 Jun 2019, 20:38

Robbo wrote:
Casmania wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:
Casmania wrote:
St Albans tiger wrote:Saw Gary hethrington walking into corporate hospitality last night. Had a look on his face that said, I've just sign your coach.

Just saying...
Gary is often in the club 50/vp lounge.
He his a Cas lad and his mum still lives in Castleford. He his also a big rl fan.

Besides we need as many in there as its empty at times.
Used to be full every game - can cater for 63 meals - but in the last couple of years it has been closed on quite a few occasions, with people being moved to the restaurant. Obviously that is due to the poor uptake levels in selling hospitality.

I have stayed in there post match until the early hours of the morning. Now its empty by an hour after the match.
Very fond memories, sadly can't see me making anymore.
As that side of it gone downhill since Steve Gill left or is it about the same
The decline started towards the end of Steve's tenureship, however it has increased. I've been going on the vp lounge for years, for meals etc. At times it's been standing room only. I have actually helped to wash plates and recycle them to meet demand.
In 2011 I took out the club 50 package at a cost of £5,800, plus I paid an extra £600 for the platinum package in 2013.
This included a meal and an invite to the end of season dinner. A lot of benefits have been removed by those currently managing the club.
I know for a fact that a number of individuals who also took out what is quite an expensive package will not renew.
As I said the place used to be packed and there were some great times. I remember when we turned the floodlights on at 5.00 in the morning to play bulldog and rounders with some of the club staff.
A lot of money and I mean a lot was spent over the bar. We used to have pizzas delivered at midnight.
Sadly, as I posted earlier, the club 50 is closed at times for hospitality. It does serve drinks but only to a handful of people. Normally closed an hour or so after the match. Massive amount of revenue lost. Such a shame that the club can't fill one of the few assets they have.

Does this surprise anybody?

Until you have corporate Governance throughout the club things will never improve.
It needs tranparancy so that these power mad lunatics cannot go round banning people from AGM meetings and the ground.
The problem is that if you look into this too much you might just uncover a real hornets nest.
Do you think we offer the big contracts out to tender? Is there a process ?
What is the management structure?

I am pretty sure a certain person was placed their to protect the top man.........the man that had tried to remove Gill before in a power struggle.
Its all about ego`s and Ian taking all the shares did not help one bit.
Don't ask about this years AGM as we might not even get one.

I watch when I want and I am happy to let them get on with things. For sure one day it will lead us to disaster.

On the DP issue I still want him but clearly Leeds is a bigger club and GH and he are friends.
If he wants to move he will and who could blame him
Robbo
If you mean the Manager Director he has somehow managed to escape any flack for now.

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 21 Jun 2019, 22:15

For how much longer?
DP will probably be the fall guy!

Robbo
Truth is always best !

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 21 Jun 2019, 22:32

You can look at it every way you want but that team that has taken to the field this year is 100 miles away from happy so many below average and poor performances week in week out Powell spoke pre season at saying we had to work better and be mentally tougher we couldn't be further away from that and they dont seem like a team that are playing for each other and there coach we need some change maybe Powell is going to be the fall guy as you can't change a team.
If not Powell needs to act ring the changes realise he his old favourite players aren't cutting the mustard. Macca has gone from hard done by on England selection to be not even noticable at time when was last time he took a game by the scruff of the neck or darted from dummy halve or gave a decent kick out?

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 21 Jun 2019, 22:37

When you have 5 or 6 players who are playing and have been playing most of the season like shadows of there former selfs that tells me there not playing for the coach when that happens you have massive problems as a lot of them are on lucrative contracts
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 21 Jun 2019, 22:42

I think it runs deeper and since Wells cane it’s got worse.
Power struggle ? Or has MG put him there for a reason?
Let Fulton sort it he removed all shareholders voting rights.
Very sad as I love my club but we are in a mess
Robbo
Truth is always best !

classycas57
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classycas57 » 21 Jun 2019, 22:50

We all know that something is not right within the club,they should be more open cos hundreds of fans are dwindling each week

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 21 Jun 2019, 23:09

classycas57 wrote:We all know that something is not right within the club,they should be more open cos hundreds of fans are dwindling each week
Sunday's attendance will be interesting

43s flyer
League One Player
League One Player

Post by 43s flyer » 22 Jun 2019, 01:56

Robbo wrote:I think it runs deeper and since Wells cane it’s got worse.
Power struggle ? Or has MG put him there for a reason?
Let Fulton sort it he removed all shareholders voting rights.
Very sad as I love my club but we are in a mess
Robbo
Things started going downhill when MG got more involved.