Hull match

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Matt
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @invmatt

Hull match

Post by Matt » 13 Jun 2019, 22:14

Other thread isn't coming back. Please use this one to continue discussions about the game.
For website related issues or queries please contact the admin account as I no longer own or maintain Casforum.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: Hull match

Post by nottinghamtiger » 13 Jun 2019, 22:19

Matt wrote:Other thread isn't coming back. Please use this one to continue discussions about the game.
Forwards went missing.
Half backs were anonymous.
Back line has no pace or cutting edge.
Apart from that, all good.

classycas57
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classycas57 » 13 Jun 2019, 22:20

Matt wrote:Other thread isn't coming back. Please use this one to continue discussions about the game.
It's ok matt,there isn't much to talk about,99% of us know we need major surgery next year.

Router1977
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Router1977 » 13 Jun 2019, 22:21

Our attack Is non existent. One man rugby all the time. Too flat .
Need a serious re think.
As for Jon Wells. Please make a choice..... Cas Tigers or Sky Sports. Doing both is a big conflict of interest and to me it is dragging the club down.
Chayse Blair = DISAPPOINTING!

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 13 Jun 2019, 22:23

First half we looked good and we were well in charge

Whatever was said at half time didn’t work.

What is more annoying to me is it is the same players making the same mistakes over and over again. Be test gripe for me is Milner. What a first class plonked. I would also like to know what Powell says to him every week for his brain farts.

Tyke123
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tyke123 » 13 Jun 2019, 22:23

nottinghamtiger wrote:
Forwards went missing.
Thought the forwards did ok,it must be demoralising though when they do they hard yards and see the ball go through the backs totally devoid of any idea how to break a defence.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 13 Jun 2019, 22:24

nottinghamtiger wrote:
Forwards went missing.

Thought our forward dominated most of the game, it was after that that the half backs didn’t do there job, it all stopped.
I agree we lack pace out wide.

When Jesse and watts went off that was our down fall.
Millington bless him just isn’t doing it now, think he’s had his day.
Good to see moors back, with a try as well.

Definitely something not right within the club imo.

Tyke123
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tyke123 » 13 Jun 2019, 22:25

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:First half we looked good and we were well in charge

Whatever was said at half time didn’t work.

What is more annoying to me is it is the same players making the same mistakes over and over again. Be test gripe for me is Milner. What a first class plonked. I would also like to know what Powell says to him every week for his brain farts.
Im glad theres someone else like me who thinks the same about Milner,the bloke is infuriating.

daytona
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by daytona » 13 Jun 2019, 22:28

I would bring Aston in for Rankin but I’d play him on the left and make him lead half. Put Truman on the right and let him play a bit more off the Cuff because he doesn’t look like he’s enjoying himself at the minute. Aston seems confident and comfortable pushing the team around which I think would help Truey use his running game more, because at the minute it’s non existent. Our shift plays are rarely troubling defences this year with only Matautia seeming able to unlock defences with a killer pass. Can’t fault our forwards though tonight. I thought they were well on top, certainly in yardage.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 13 Jun 2019, 22:30

old cas lass wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:
Forwards went missing.

Thought our forward dominated most of the game, it was after that that the half backs didn’t do there job, it all stopped.
I agree we lack pace out wide.

When Jesse and watts went off that was our down fall.
Millington bless him just isn’t doing it now, think he’s had his day.
Good to see moors back, with a try as well.

Definitely something not right within the club imo.
I saw nothing from Smith (who I do rate), Moors (apart from a try anyone could have scored), Cook, Massey, Milner or Millington. Watts was good, as was McMeeken. Jesse clearly wasn’t up to speed.

Akcas87
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Akcas87 » 13 Jun 2019, 22:30

first half defensively very good, that’s about it
our attack is terrible and has been all year
We fail to create anything and stick to the usual boring worn out plays no matter what the score is and sometimes all we do is 4 drives and a kick
What do we actually do in training cos what we offer in attack can’t take longer then a hour or 2 to practice.
Whoever thought Rankin was a suitable replacement for gale this year needs a clip round the head cos he offers sod all

Brummietiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Brummietiger » 13 Jun 2019, 22:45

As good a first half as we could of expected with the team out there tonite, unfortunately it was always going to be difficult to win the game tonite with no nonsense hard tackling alone. A lack of stamina and and the lack of a single individual with the skill and speed to break a line was always going to find us out as we resorted to panic and desperate play in the end. Intelligent smart recruitment is what we need for the 2020 season the specifics of which I'll leave to those that know more than I do about the game. What I do know and believe is that we have nothing to lose for the rest of the season in giving Aston a good run in the team with the players we now have available, it's unlikely that we are going to win any honours this season as it stands, but I'm almost certain he'll give us a little more to cheer about whilst we allow the 2020 recruitment to take it's course.

Aside to this, Trueman is a damn good player and should be part of our future, Blair will come good with better players around him, hopefully through recruitment and I 've got a really good feeling about Hepi.

the happy hooker9
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Doing Spins, Backdrops and kicks on the dance floor

Post by the happy hooker9 » 13 Jun 2019, 22:48

Think this match is the end of our hope's for a play off place which quite frankly would be an utter embarrassment.
At the moment we are a side without a semblance of belief in our ability to score a team worked try, hence at the first opportunity we 'take the 2'.
Where has the guile, creativity and confidence of previous seasons gone?
I find it incredulous that we have players turning out week after week delivering the same dross, ineptitude and rank bad performances yet are still in the squad come what may.
Changes in the make up are needed if only to give some a kick up the arris to some and others are rest.
Not wanting to 'bag' who the arris ones but I think we all are aware who I refer to.
As for 2020 SERIOUS recruitment needed or we could well be
in for some unpleasant circumstances
And I fully endorse the comments made re. Wells ...either Cas or Sky..

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 13 Jun 2019, 22:59

Remember when people used to say McShane for England the blokes useless now.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 13 Jun 2019, 23:02

Probably lowest crowd I can remember for a long time for a cas v Hull game. These Thursday games must be killing teams like cas in financial pocket would have being ten thousand on Sunday. Extra sky money for when your on TV only adds up to about 1200 fans supplement.

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 13 Jun 2019, 23:03

Mucky1978 wrote:Remember when people used to say McShane for England the blokes useless now.
Far too many bad decisions near the opponents line (going himself when it's not on and trying to kick through with no room and putting us on the back foot)

classycas57
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classycas57 » 13 Jun 2019, 23:06

About time posters are allowed to be honest about the dribble we are seeing,without the constant bullying by some on here.im not too sure if CAS have what it takes in this team to be any where near top 5,and I have thought that before season started. Disappointed every time Powell seems to put spin on the performance,when really it's nothing but shocking

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 13 Jun 2019, 23:11

KB80 wrote:
Mucky1978 wrote:Remember when people used to say McShane for England the blokes useless now.
Far too many bad decisions near the opponents line (going himself when it's not on and trying to kick through with no room and putting us on the back foot)
You saw Houghton scoot away a few times we've no spark with trueman and mcshane it's painful to watch
The only fella who looked like he might be able to show a spark as been dropped for Rankin whoever thought Rankin would be a good addition had a shocker
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 13 Jun 2019, 23:14

A game lost by us rather than won by Hull.

Once again our forwards don’t want to do the tough stuff. For crying out loud, stop trying to be half backs and just run the ball in! Agree on the fact that we have too many players being passengers tonight.

Our kicking game was poor tonight and for me it’s time for Trueman to have a bit of a break and a rest out the team. Most of his kicks tonight ran dead or didn’t do enough to cause a threat. He seems to have lost his short kicking game.

There’s a real lack of selfishness and distrust about the team this season tonight. Decision-making is bad at times and that is costing us big style.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

classycas57
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classycas57 » 13 Jun 2019, 23:16

tigerfeat wrote:
KB80 wrote:
You saw Houghton scoot away a few times we've no spark with trueman and mcshane it's painful to watch
The only fella who looked like he might be able to show a spark as been dropped for Rankin whoever thought Rankin would be a good addition had a shocker
He certainly did,that's why he was 4th choice at Huddersfield