Another good prospect missed

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Another good prospect missed

Post by flow » 10 Jun 2019, 11:38

Cas have mist on top prosect ethan Ryan decided to sign for kr after cas showed interest. Really starting to question Wells ability in transfer and contract marketing negotiating

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Another good prospect missed

Post by KB80 » 10 Jun 2019, 11:41

No great loss.

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 10 Jun 2019, 11:46

Like any other signing, we can only offer what we think he's worth. If KR want to pay more then that's that. Think we should be aiming higher, no improvement on what we currently have.
🐯 COYF!

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 10 Jun 2019, 11:50

Nobody wrote:Like any other signing, we can only offer what we think he's worth. If KR want to pay more then that's that. Think we should be aiming higher, no improvement on what we currently have.
He's a lot better then Claire lad

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 10 Jun 2019, 11:54

flow wrote:Cas have mist on top prosect ethan Ryan decided to sign for kr after cas showed interest. Really starting to question Wells ability in transfer and contract marketing negotiating
Where does it say he’s signed for Bradford?
Where is it quoted by anyone official at Cas that we were interested in him?
What if Cas offered £90,000 and Hull KR offered £120,000, would you still say we’ve missed out or that Hull KR have paid over the odds?
People on here moan that we don’t sign players but I’d rather us miss out on a player than pay too much.

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 10 Jun 2019, 11:55

flow wrote:
Nobody wrote:Like any other signing, we can only offer what we think he's worth. If KR want to pay more then that's that. Think we should be aiming higher, no improvement on what we currently have.
Thats your opinion, my opinion is that he isn't. Glad we missed out on him if that was the case.
🐯 COYF!

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 10 Jun 2019, 11:58

Fumper27 wrote:
flow wrote:Cas have mist on top prosect ethan Ryan decided to sign for kr after cas showed interest. Really starting to question Wells ability in transfer and contract marketing negotiating
What if Cas offered £90,000 and Hull KR offered £120,000, would you still say we’ve missed out or that Hull KR have paid over the odds?
People on here moan that we don’t sign players but I’d rather us miss out on a player than pay too much.
You think Wells is doing a good job that's your opinion and I respect it. :-k

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 10 Jun 2019, 12:00

Nobody wrote:
flow wrote:
Thats your opinion, my opinion is that he isn't. Glad we missed out on him if that was the case.
Be hard to find any body who's, worse then Claire but like u say that's your opinion that's what forum all about :clap: :clap:

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 10 Jun 2019, 12:03

We can't sign them all. If kr have got minikin and Ryan, what happens to keinhorst or linnett, their centres? Minns and Crooks are also centres.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 10 Jun 2019, 12:13

flow wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
Come on now Flow, where have I said in my post anything about John Wells? I asked you three questions and you answered none. Says a lot without saying anything does that....

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 10 Jun 2019, 12:16

If we have signed Olpherts as expected Ethan Ryan will just be a back up. Watching him in the CC games he looks ok. No world-beater.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 10 Jun 2019, 12:17

How you can post that without having any sort of clue what "cas interest" was is beyond belief.

We "missed" out on a player yet to play at SL level, for all we know he could be no better than what we have at this level.

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 10 Jun 2019, 12:18

Most of the threads on here are complaining that we aren’t showing the correct level of intent when signing from the championship and now this one is complaining that we haven’t signed a player from the championship.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 10 Jun 2019, 12:28

This thread is symptomatic of the confused expectations of some fans. The club cannot win. We're only interested in Championship players. Blame Jon Wells. Sign a player from a team down the table, blame Jon Wells. Don't sign a player from down the table or in the division below, blame Jon Wells. #-o

Is he better than what we have in Matautia and Turner at full-back? Probably not.
Would he be an improvement on the wing over Eden, Olpherts and Clare as cover? All of which have SL experience. Probably not.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 10 Jun 2019, 12:29

i would put Alex Walker close to signing for wakefield according to one of the rugby papers more in the good prospect missed out on bracket
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 10 Jun 2019, 12:29

mart0042 wrote:We can't sign them all. If kr have got minikin and Ryan, what happens to keinhorst or linnett, their centres? Minns and Crooks are also centres.
Ryan at full-back, Minikin on the wing. Keinhorst can play back row and as can Linnett I think. The one I'd be questioning is where Vaivai fits in all of this. They may try and offload him given he's an overseas player.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 10 Jun 2019, 12:31

tigerfeat wrote:i would put Alex Walker close to signing for wakefield according to one of the rugby papers more in the good prospect missed out on bracket
Agree with that yes

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 10 Jun 2019, 12:31

HuddsTigers wrote:This thread is symptomatic of the confused expectations of some fans. The club cannot win. We're only interested in Championship players. Blame Jon Wells. Sign a player from a team down the table, blame Jon Wells. Don't sign a player from down the table or in the division below, blame Jon Wells. #-o

Is he better than what we have in Matautia and Turner at full-back? Probably not.
Would he be an improvement on the wing over Eden, Olpherts and Clare as cover? All of which have SL experience. Probably not.
By some fans you mean flow

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 10 Jun 2019, 12:46

fords wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:This thread is symptomatic of the confused expectations of some fans. The club cannot win. We're only interested in Championship players. Blame Jon Wells. Sign a player from a team down the table, blame Jon Wells. Don't sign a player from down the table or in the division below, blame Jon Wells. #-o

By some fans you mean flow
Here we go forum being OK as late nobody trying to derail or have ago at other opinions hope mods are consistent and you get banned for week mister ford

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 10 Jun 2019, 12:50

Fumper27 wrote:
flow wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
What if Cas offered £90,000 and Hull KR offered £120,000, would youout still say we’ve missed out or that Hull KR have paid over the odds?
Come on now Flow, where have I said in my post anything about John Wells? I asked you three questions and you answered none. Says a lot without saying anything does that....
All in league weekly lad who said any thing about Bradford any way