Squad vs Hudds

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Squad vs Hudds

Post by tigerfeat » 09 Jun 2019, 11:46

In a side who were the best as we were up to the final in 2017 it's very rare to have a number of players completely loose there form in a short space of time we sadly have three or four who id put in that category
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Frankas
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Frankas » 09 Jun 2019, 12:28

I can't believe what some are saying on hear, Huddersfield, are playing well, and this game wasn't going to be easy, they are fighting to keep their season alive.

People keep saying we can't keep blaming injury's, according to a commentate last season, it was easier for us to cope because we were only missing our halfbacks and back's , he then went on to say it was harder for Wigan because they had forwards injured.

We have one common denominator, for the last two years, we are missing Luke Gale a hell of a lot more than people think. then add Roberts and Ellis to that, and we are relying on a youngster to get us round, and the sooner we get Ellis back the better Truman will be when he gets some of the presser of him.

One thing you can't take away from the players, they never gave up, even when the Giant's scored with a few minutes left, our heads didn't drop, and we scored the equaliser, and in the end kept our nerve to win the game.

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 09 Jun 2019, 14:24

Tigersbarmy wrote:Not to bag Clarkson as I don’t think he’s the worst player I’ve ever seen in a car shirt but with Jesse back Thursday he should pose a greater threat than Clarkson in that position . Jesse so much better in backrow than prop . We kept hitting him running lines against Richie myler and myler struggled all night against him that day
He's done a job for us. But he is not a first choice starter. Just a squad player for me. Contributed as much if not more than Holmes this year and on considerably cheaper salary I would guess.

the happy hooker9
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Doing Spins, Backdrops and kicks on the dance floor

Post by the happy hooker9 » 09 Jun 2019, 14:34

One thing that pleased me (apart from result) was Thaler penalising Leeming for deliberately throwing the ball at Watts on the floor.
This tactic (?) and players using it, Leeming in particular, was a blot on our sport.
Not had the pleasure of saying this before but well done Ben Thaler

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 09 Jun 2019, 14:51

the happy hooker9 wrote:One thing that pleased me (apart from result) was Thaler penalising Leeming for deliberately throwing the ball at Watts on the floor.
This tactic (?) and players using it, Leeming in particular, was a blot on our sport.
Didn’t sleeping get away with that at their place that contributed to the 2 point difference?

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 09 Jun 2019, 15:06

Frankas wrote:I can't believe what some are saying on hear, Huddersfield, are playing well, and this game wasn't going to be easy, they are fighting to keep their season alive.

People keep saying we can't keep blaming injury's, according to a commentate last season, it was easier for us to cope because we were only missing our halfbacks and back's , he then went on to say it was harder for Wigan because they had forwards injured.

We have one common denominator, for the last two years, we are missing Luke Gale a hell of a lot more than people think. then add Roberts and Ellis to that, and we are relying on a youngster to get us round, and the sooner we get Ellis back the better Truman will be when he gets some of the presser of him.

One thing you can't take away from the players, they never gave up, even when the Giant's scored with a few minutes left, our heads didn't drop, and we scored the equaliser, and in the end kept our nerve to win the game.
Webster and Shenny are huge misses from the form they had in 2017. And then consider Millo and Moors comparatively to 2017.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 09 Jun 2019, 17:14

Fumper27 wrote:
the happy hooker9 wrote:One thing that pleased me (apart from result) was Thaler penalising Leeming for deliberately throwing the ball at Watts on the floor.
Didn’t Leeming get away with that at their place that contributed to the 2 point difference?

classycas57
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classycas57 » 10 Jun 2019, 21:47

classycas57 wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
classycas57 wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:
old cas lass wrote:Attendance 7483
Rate crowd bloody awful night more like start of November not sure how we won ...but we did
Didn't go. I forecast score on a dry pitch,obviously rain is a leveller. Said Huddersfield by 14. Credit then to cas,let's hope Jesse and moors back next week. That win might have saved us from finishing bottom.
Bit of an extreme statement is that lad. Do you really think London could’ve won another 5 games to go above us?
What I meant was a loss and cas heads could have gone badly wrong. London winning 5 games is not impossible
We'll that's one out of the five pal

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 11 Jun 2019, 09:57

Tbf, I'm surprised London have got this many points but to think we are in a relegation fight is ridiculous. I'd be worried if I was a kr fan or if I'd signed there for next year.

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 11 Jun 2019, 10:52

mart0042 wrote:Tbf, I'm surprised London have got this many points but to think we are in a relegation fight is ridiculous. I'd be worried if I was a kr fan or if I'd signed there for next year.
I would love Hull KR to go down. They are signing players like they have already stayed up.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 12 Jun 2019, 09:39

Swagger wrote:
mart0042 wrote:Tbf, I'm surprised London have got this many points but to think we are in a relegation fight is ridiculous. I'd be worried if I was a kr fan or if I'd signed there for next year.
I would love Hull KR to go down. They are signing players like they have already stayed up.
In reality they have to otherwise tunnel be even further behind next year. I'd certainly be dressing up a list of potential recruits should they drop.

classycas57
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classycas57 » 15 Jun 2019, 22:44

Fumper27 wrote:
classycas57 wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:
Rate crowd bloody awful night more like start of November not sure how we won ...but we did
Didn't go. I forecast score on a dry pitch,obviously rain is a leveller. Said Huddersfield by 14. Credit then to cas,let's hope Jesse and moors back next week. That win might have saved us from finishing bottom.
Bit of an extreme statement is that lad. Do you really think London could’ve won another 5 games to go above us?
We'll that's 2 games won pal

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 15 Jun 2019, 22:54

And they would still have to win 4 more than us.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

classycas57
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classycas57 » 15 Jun 2019, 23:06

HuddsTigers wrote:And they would still have to win 4 more than us.
Not impossible hudds

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 15 Jun 2019, 23:56

Not sure that even in my worst dreams I can see London Leeds and Hull KR all winning four more games than we do by the end of the season taking account of the fact that the only teams we haven’t already beaten are the top two

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 16 Jun 2019, 08:41

classycas57 wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
classycas57 wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:
We'll that's 2 games won pal
No it’s not, it’s one given we beat Huddersfield last week and London are still 4 wins behind us. That’s without taking PD into account.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 16 Jun 2019, 09:14

London are 3 wins behind - I said 4 including the win because of PD :)
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 16 Jun 2019, 09:28

nice to have you back fumper after your naughty stint miss the banter :lol: :lol: . your right on paper no chance off getting relegated to be fare . But what's annoying its having to even consider the chance after being easily best team in comp just two years ago . A think we would be in serious trouble if middle eights was still in place that would have being a different kettle of fish