Mitch Clark?

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Balboa1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Mitch Clark?

Post by Balboa1 » 14 May 2019, 20:18

gateman wrote:over the years we have seen players leave for pastures new I was devastated when Heppy and Hardisty left our own Shenton and Danny Orr left only to return these lads have to earn a crust who can blame them for getting the best terms they can , Mitch is sill on our books and I am sure he will give 100% when he puts a jersey on for us
Which league are pastures new in :lol:

dancas88
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by dancas88 » 14 May 2019, 20:44

Unsure on how true this actually is heard today from someone that talks to Mitch regularly that he was not actually offered a contract by cas and was told there wasn't going to be a contract offer. If this is the case all I can think of is that were planning on using the quota spot as I can't see any other reason for us wanting shut of him. Again only what I've been told from someone who I have to reason to doubt

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 14 May 2019, 20:50

dancas88 wrote:Unsure on how true this actually is heard today from someone that talks to Mitch regularly that he was not actually offered a contract by cas and was told there wasn't going to be a contract offer. If this is the case all I can think of is that were planning on using the quota spot as I can't see any other reason for us wanting shut of him. Again only what I've been told from someone who I have to reason to doubt
Wells stated he has been offered one in his monthly magazine article.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 14 May 2019, 20:57

KB80 wrote:
dancas88 wrote:Unsure on how true this actually is heard today from someone that talks to Mitch regularly that he was not actually offered a contract by cas and was told there wasn't going to be a contract offer. If this is the case all I can think of is that were planning on using the quota spot as I can't see any other reason for us wanting shut of him. Again only what I've been told from someone who I have to reason to doubt
Wells stated he has been offered one in his monthly magazine article.
Daryl also said he wanted to keep him

dancas88
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by dancas88 » 14 May 2019, 21:02

Steve Gill also said Daz Clark wouldn't be sold on his watch. I'm not saying it's true but there could be more than meets the eye. However happy to lose a forward if it means being able to further strengthen the backs

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 14 May 2019, 21:17

dancas88 wrote:Steve Gill also said Daz Clark wouldn't be sold on his watch. I'm not saying it's true but there could be more than meets the eye. However happy to lose a forward if it means being able to further strengthen the backs
Wasn’t Clark “sold” in 2013 before Gill took on the role of CEO???

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 14 May 2019, 21:58

Not true

dancas88
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by dancas88 » 14 May 2019, 23:04

Fumper27 wrote:
dancas88 wrote:Steve Gill also said Daz Clark wouldn't be sold on his watch. I'm not saying it's true but there could be more than meets the eye. However happy to lose a forward if it means being able to further strengthen the backs
Wasn’t Clark “sold” in 2013 before Gill took on the role of CEO???
Weather he was or wasn't he left at the end of 2014 not too long after it was denied he was leaving. Either way I don't mind Clark leaving if we have other plans for the quota spot to be used that will improve the backs

sirocco7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sirocco7 » 14 May 2019, 23:15

Mitch Clark isn’t quota I believe he was born in Pontefract and has dual nationality so doesn’t count on the quota.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 14 May 2019, 23:18

sirocco7 wrote:

Mitch Clark isn’t quota I believe he was born in Pontefract and has dual nationality so doesn’t count on the quota.
Place of birth is irrelevant to the non-fed quota. As is citizenship.
He is not federation trained so is one of our seven allowed non-fed players.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 14 May 2019, 23:37

sirocco7 wrote:

Doesn’t matter. He grew up in and played all his junior rugby in Australia so is a non fed trained player. Our seven are currently:
Mata’utia
Blair
Rankin
Millington
Moors
JSL
Clark

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 15 May 2019, 08:07

Big fan of Mitch, but IMO if you're going to use a quote spot these days, they can't be used for a player who is an impact sub. They have to be someone who goes straight in to the starting 13.

We've never been a club that properly executes the quote spot. Wasn't long ago we used up 3 on wingers.

Tiger53
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tiger53 » 15 May 2019, 08:26

nottinghamtiger wrote:
sirocco7 wrote:

Place of birth is irrelevant to the non-fed quota. As is citizenship.
He is not federation trained so is one of our seven allowed non-fed players.
That is quite true, he is a non-fed trained player and therefore counts on quota despite being born in Pontefract which personally I find ridiculous.

However, what is the betting on there being a change to the rules if/when he becomes a Wigan player?

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 15 May 2019, 11:18

Apparently Wigan have offered Mitch 20k more a year than what he's on with us.

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 15 May 2019, 11:37

heritage1926 wrote:Apparently Wigan have offered Mitch 20k more a year than what he's on with us.
Maybe so but I would have expected Cas to offer him around the same now he as established himself in the 17, on his current contract Mitch came to us as a project player from the championship and wouldn't have been on much.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 15 May 2019, 12:09

Sharlotiger wrote:
heritage1926 wrote:Apparently Wigan have offered Mitch 20k more a year than what he's on with us.
now he as established himself in the 17.
Disagree there. When we’ve a fully fit squad, Clark is not in the 17 for me.

Danny Boy
Verified

Post by Danny Boy » 15 May 2019, 12:24

Fumper27 wrote:
Sharlotiger wrote:
Agree with that, Clark not in 17 when everyone fit!
Danny Boy

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 15 May 2019, 12:35

Doesn't mean to say we haven't offered the same or close to it and he's snubbed it.

Either way, he doesn't want to stay at Cas for whatever reason IF it's true so best of luck to him. Hope it's not a bad decision. We move on, have an overseas spot free and can look to use it elsewhere in the team.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 15 May 2019, 12:54

Danny Boy wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
Sharlotiger wrote:
Yep, and Powell obviously agrees because when Cas did have numbers Clark was in the Championship.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 15 May 2019, 12:56

TheSheriff wrote:
Danny Boy wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
Sharlotiger wrote:
Yep, and Powell obviously agrees because when Cas did have numbers Clark was in the Championship.
Yep and Millington, Moors and Cook are all 32 so wont be here much longer