Aston/ rankin

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Aston/ rankin

Post by flow » 12 May 2019, 13:30

Is it time to try different halfs trueman needs dropping for me not cutting the mustard.needs a kick up ass. Cant be any worse trying rankin and aston

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Re: Aston/ rankin

Post by the machine » 12 May 2019, 13:36

flow wrote:Is it time to try different halfs trueman needs dropping for me not cutting the mustard.needs a kick up ass. Cant be any worse trying rankin and aston
Resting is what Trueman needs

But I actually agree that we need to try Rankin and Aston
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 12 May 2019, 13:48

Would even try trueman at fullback played there before move pete up to centre aston rankin halfs. Edan back to wing any thing worth trying at moment to improve backline attack .

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by the machine » 12 May 2019, 13:50

Got turner or Rankin for fullback if we move Pete
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 12 May 2019, 13:52

Definitely think Trueman needs a break. He’s had a lot of pressure on young shoulders lately and it’s showing. Turner fullback, Mata’utia into centres with Blair, Eden/Minikin on the wings and Aston/Rankin in the halves for me.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 12 May 2019, 13:54

the machine wrote:Got turner or Rankin for fullback if we move Pete
Your missing the point we need to try rankin and aston at halfs trueman ia doing nothing in half's. Always thought trueman would make better fullback then half back.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by the machine » 12 May 2019, 14:00

flow wrote:
Your missing the point we need to try rankin and aston at halfs trueman ia doing nothing in half's. Always thought trueman would make better fullback then half back.
He's not that productive because 1. He's knackered from being exposed to so much rugby at a young age in a pivotal position and 2. Because he's missing having gale take the reigns and give him the freedom his game needs at this point

Moving him to fullback wouldn't solve anything

Michael Jordan

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 12 May 2019, 14:04

the machine wrote:
flow wrote:
He's not that productive because 1. He's knackered from being exposed to so much rugby at a young age in a pivotal position and 2. Because he's missing having gale take the reigns and give him the freedom his game needs at this point

I disagree with you should be peaking at his age i think its a simple case he as being over rated and not that creative never sends any body through a gap or takes line on.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 12 May 2019, 14:14

flow wrote:
the machine wrote:
flow wrote:

I disagree with you should be peaking at his age i think its a simple case he as being over rated and not that creative never sends any body through a gap or takes line on.
A half back peaking at 20? Jesus wept, that’s an insane expectation.
Where was Luke Gale at 20?
Not saying Trueman is going to be a superstar. He might be, he might not be. But it’s far too early to tell yet.
PS - the answer is playing in the third tier at Doncaster.

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 12 May 2019, 14:16

the machine wrote:
flow wrote:

Exactly. He is just getting burned out. He hasn't done much wrong but barring his short kicking game he is not being as productive as we desperately need our halves to be. None of them are creating much. 1, 6, 7 or 9.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 12 May 2019, 14:22

He defiantly shouldn't be peaking as a half back at just turned 19? Also he was tried at full-back last year don't know if you remember that flow
He needs taking out the side it was same in my day as it is now you bring young fellas along leave them out bring them back he's had everything plonked on his shoulders with a full back who as no idea how to time a pass and put players in space wingers and centres who are not of the highest order shall we say
Aston needs to play and given some licence to show some tricks with Rankin who can do things off the cuff
Weather's turning to summer and we can't keep playing one man rugby may as well throw ball about unless Powell thinks there's a risk we might be relegated and wants to keep trying to grind out wins
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 12 May 2019, 14:32

RonnieGibbs'forearm wrote:
the machine wrote:
flow wrote:

Exactly. He is just getting burned out. He hasn't done much wrong but barring his short kicking game he is not being as productive as we desperately need our halves to be. None of them are creating much. 1, 6, 7 or 9.
Rubbish hes burnt out players used to work all week and still put good performances in at 19. He is a man now at 19 not a young boy you just dont want to except hes not good enough

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 12 May 2019, 14:37

Trueman is least of our problems.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 12 May 2019, 15:08

Stating the obvious Trueman is only in the team due to injuries.
Certainly for me stood up very well early in the season.
Never shirks a tackle.
Goodness knows where we would have been had we not had him.
He seems to have lost some of his effectiveness.
How much is due to poor support.?
He may be a man, age wise just, but young to have so much responsibility.
The lad could probably do with a rest,if we can afford the luxury.
After all that is why we have a squad.
Certainly not one for public hanging!

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 12 May 2019, 15:22

The notion that any professional sports player would peak at 20 in hilarious, continue to be convinced that these posts are pure satire

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 12 May 2019, 16:53

SREGITSAC wrote:The notion that any professional sports player would peak at 20 in hilarious, continue to be convinced that these posts are pure satire
It's a bit of a strange comment I'll give you that :shock:
what doesn't kill me simply makes me...stranger.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 12 May 2019, 17:14

bane73 wrote:
SREGITSAC wrote:The notion that any professional sports player would peak at 20 in hilarious, continue to be convinced that these posts are pure satire
Why people useing is age because showing nothing is beyond me if your not physicaly good enough at twenty you never going to be at the halfs position totally different from being a forward.That want even the post it was should we play aston and rankin in halfs because trueman is not performing

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 12 May 2019, 17:32

flow wrote:
bane73 wrote:
Why people useing is age because showing nothing is beyond me if your not physicaly good enough at twenty you never going to be at the halfs position totally different from being a forward.That want even the post it was should we play aston and rankin in halfs because trueman is not performing
Luke Gale wasn’t “physically good enough” at 20 and was playing for Doncaster in the lower leagues. He hasn’t had too bad of a career, has he?

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 12 May 2019, 17:45

Fumper27 wrote:
flow wrote:
bane73 wrote:
Luke Gale wasn’t “physically good enough” at 20 and was playing for Doncaster in the lower leagues. He hasn’t had too bad of a career, has he?
i got a feeling gale was more physically fit at twenty then he is now just never got a break. difference gale always had that creativity and good at reading a game which trueman as not

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 12 May 2019, 17:57

flow wrote:
the machine wrote:
flow wrote:

Peaking at 20 :lol: