Season over

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Dazzyb
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Season over

Post by Dazzyb » 11 May 2019, 11:32

Cas are playing poorly but we will still be in the 5. Hull will drop 16 men prior to the next round and take bi-weekly hammerings. Wigan are poor and Wakefield, well, we seem to ha e the hoodoo

Akcas87
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Akcas87 » 11 May 2019, 11:37

HuddsTigers wrote:I’m not saying there isn’t. But not every signing will work out the way he planned or hoped. Not every player will meet the high standards the coach sets.

But the fact is that Powell is having to put out a battered squad every week and we have just sat and watched and hoped for the best.

I’m not sure who is available but we have shown we are willing to pay fees to get decent players in. So perhaps it’s time to start making some tentative approaches.
The majority of super league have the same battered squads so the injury excuse we have been hiding behind is not good enough, the fact we don’t produce anything different in attack as we have been found out is the problem as well as the fragile goal line defence as well needs addressing

I agree I don’t think the season is far from over it’s only may, but the way we are playing at moment doesn’t fill anyone with encouragement

Big Shug
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Big Shug » 11 May 2019, 12:50

As mentioned other teams are experiencing an injury crisis.
Wakefield are similar to us with numbers out.
However, their attitude is to roll their selves up and play a structured way to win games and entertain their fans.
Plus the fact they are no where near the salary cap in spending.
Currently, we are in a mess and with no fix on the horizon, perhaps this season will a time to blood these young kids we have and they can be the future of Classy Cas.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 11 May 2019, 14:06

Put Danny Brough in our team and it improves tenfold

Not convinced they don't spend near the cap either, despite what Carter comes out with

But yes, their attitude is hell of a lot better than ours atm that's for sure
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 11 May 2019, 14:38

the machine wrote:Put Danny Brough in our team and it improves tenfold

Not convinced they don't spend near the cap either, despite what Carter comes out with

But yes, their attitude is hell of a lot better than ours atm that's for sure
Wakie are still entertaining even without their 2 star half backs in Brough and Miller whilst we look totally void of ideas

SWISS TONY!!
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SWISS TONY!! » 11 May 2019, 14:49

This time last year wigan were in the doodah, season over, wanes lost the dressing room, players wanting out etc! That was april may time. Catalans were 1 loss away from sacking coach. How did their seasons end in october time?
How many times have leeds done this but get all players back at the right time of year firing on all cylinders?

This may be a blessing in disguise. We had a few players back yesterday who will benefit from game time. Just hope they weren't brought back too early and get injured again!

We're 2 points behind 3rd i think with a raft of games coming up that we can win. If we win next week then confidence will rise and youd expect to win the week after, win two on trot then who knows...
Long Live The Monkey Munch!!!

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 11 May 2019, 14:54

SWISS TONY!! wrote:This time last year wigan were in the doodah, season over, wanes lost the dressing room, players wanting out etc! That was april may time. Catalans were 1 loss away from sacking coach. How did their seasons end in october time?
How many times have leeds done this but get all players back at the right time of year firing on all cylinders?

This may be a blessing in disguise. We had a few players back yesterday who will benefit from game time. Just hope they weren't brought back too early and get injured again!

We're 2 points behind 3rd i think with a raft of games coming up that we can win. If we win next week then confidence will rise and youd expect to win the week after, win two on trot then who knows...
No matter what happens next week no one will expect us to beat saints, even the players look beaten before a pass is thrown when it comes to those in the red V
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 11 May 2019, 15:00

SWISS TONY!! wrote:This time last year wigan were in the doodah, season over, wanes lost the dressing room, players wanting out etc! That was april may time. Catalans were 1 loss away from sacking coach. How did their seasons end in october time?

Them players that came back yesterday weren’t fully fit.
Just hope it asnt made things worse coming back early.

SWISS TONY!!
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SWISS TONY!! » 11 May 2019, 16:40

That was always my worry
Long Live The Monkey Munch!!!

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 11 May 2019, 17:35

I don't know what the answer is, but something needs to be done quick. The whole club from top to bottom is becoming embarrassing. On the field; No creativity, no work ethic, not working for each other, simple basic errors, heads down, stupid amount of injuries in training etc.. Off the field; Poor recruitment and retention, players on inflated contracts on the back of one good year, marketing a disaster, I could go on!! Some fans; fighting on weldon road after the Warrington game, trying to pick fights last night with Hull fans and stewards at the end of the game. It was nothing short of embarrassing walking out of that stadium last night.

westerbeast
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast » 11 May 2019, 18:01

Would help if Peunut didn't kick the ball out on the full 3 to 4 times in a game that's for sure.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 12 May 2019, 12:19

I don't agree about work ethic, I think they are working hard. In last two games we paid for basic kicking errors, which I accept is bad, but the team did respond and competed. Some of they players are just not up to it defensively, and the regular top performers can't paper over the cracks. Aston and Trueman are just not creating much and Macca has become almost a missing man whilst before he controlled games.

Balboa1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Balboa1 » 12 May 2019, 12:29

Peanut is a good player but his kicking game was absolutely garbage last 2 games let a proven lad have a go like millington he's a good halfback!

heppy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by heppy » 12 May 2019, 12:50

Two years ago when we had the ball in the opposition s half ,we knew were going to score.Not now.so we have to look at defence:we should do drill after drill so each player knows his position.Minnikin tackles well but is hopeless posiitionally,Egodo not a clue,Eden is not much better but at least can score from any where.The forwards do make good ground up the middle,and our halfbacks have a good short kicking game.Weare not the team of old so we must adapt and fast to reach the top five

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 12 May 2019, 13:55

Season over I don't think so, if lady luck shines on us I can see us still finishing in the top 5 most of the games we have lost is with less than 6 points the odd bad decision as cost us the points Huddersfield and Leeds away add them four points to our tally and we would be pushing top three, far too early to right our season off

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 12 May 2019, 14:01

gateman wrote:Season over I don't think so, if lady luck shines on us I can see us still finishing in the top 5 most of the games we have lost is with less than 6 points the odd bad decision as cost us the points Huddersfield and Leeds away add them four points to our tally and we would be pushing top three, far too early to right our season off
It is but all other teams going to improve as well round that mid table section when they get players back. think we will finish 8th this year. back at pushing next year and hopefully news on new ground

Balboa1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Balboa1 » 12 May 2019, 16:07

Did not help with peanuts kicking against hull could not hit a barn door with a banjo player like he was rough as a badgers butt

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 13 May 2019, 08:21

Our run in to the end of the season;

15 games left, we need to be taking at least 20 points from the remaining games.

Leeds (A)
Saints (Magic)
Huddersfield (H)
Hull FC (H)
Salford (A)
London (H)
Leeds (H)
Wakefield (A)
Warrington (H)
Hull KR (A)
London (H)
Huddersfield (A)
Saints (A)
Hull FC (H)
Wigan (A)

classycas57
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classycas57 » 13 May 2019, 08:27

heritage1926 wrote:Our run in to the end of the season;

15 games left, we need to be taking at least 20 points from the remaining games.

Leeds (A)
Saints (Magic)
Huddersfield (H)
Hull FC (H)
Salford (A)
London (H)
Leeds (H)
Wakefield (A)
Warrington (H)
Hull KR (A)
London (H)
Huddersfield (A)
Saints (A)
Hull FC (H)
Wigan (A)
Glad your optimistic with 20 points

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 13 May 2019, 08:31

classycas57 wrote:
heritage1926 wrote:Our run in to the end of the season;

Leeds (A)
Saints (Magic)
Huddersfield (H)
Hull FC (H)
Salford (A)
London (H)
Leeds (H)
Wakefield (A)
Warrington (H)
Hull KR (A)
London (H)
Huddersfield (A)
Saints (A)
Hull FC (H)
Wigan (A)
Glad your optimistic with 20 points
think we probably get about 8 points out off them good job we play London home twice