Leeds away

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Leeds away

Post by TheSheriff » 15 May 2019, 11:31

casfanfromcov wrote:If true that didn't take long. Maybe the Cas conditioning staff need to be looked at. I can't believe some of our injuries couldn't have been avoided. It can't all be put down to bad luck
Not just the conditioning staff, Powell flogging them in training to make them "more prepared" for games when all its done is decimate the team and has them playing like crap.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 15 May 2019, 11:34

Bonkers idea it's not hard to see the players are done before they kick off I honestly don't understand Powell this season
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

CB5

Post by CB5 » 15 May 2019, 11:39

tigerfeat wrote:Bonkers idea it's not hard to see the players are done before they kick off I honestly don't understand Powell this season
Lining up with a pairing of Minikin & Clare/Edogo shows they're done before game kicks off

casladbornandbred

Post by casladbornandbred » 15 May 2019, 11:42

CB5 wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:Bonkers idea it's not hard to see the players are done before they kick off I honestly don't understand Powell this season
Lining up with a pairing of Minikin & Clare/Edogo shows they're done before game kicks off
Couldn't agree more. These are all tried, tested and failed. All too weak and haven't a set of nackers between em. Something new is needed imo. I would try something along the lines of - Eden, Blair / Pete, Clare. Something different anyway.

ClawsForThought

Post by ClawsForThought » 15 May 2019, 11:48

casladbornandbred wrote:
CB5 wrote:
Couldn't agree more. These are all tried, tested and failed. All too weak and haven't a set of nackers between em. Something new is needed imo. I would try something along the lines of - Eden, Blair / Pete, Clare. Something different anyway.
Try something different all together. We've got Kieran Gill out on dual reg. At least the lad is capable of catching the ball and putting it over the try line. Egodo needs to disappear, the sooner the better and Eden needs to remember he's a winger not Wally Lewis trying to sling the ball about in our own 20.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 15 May 2019, 11:52

So is Blair definitely injured then or just more speculation?

ClawsForThought

Post by ClawsForThought » 15 May 2019, 12:16

jackknife wrote:
heritage1926 wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:
heritage1926 wrote:No way on earth can DP go with Egodo and Minikin again. With no Hurrell, we should be looking to target that side and get points. They are incredibly weak out wide these days.
Trouble is, so are we (now I've said this we'll probably defend the best we have all season).
The thing is, we can adapt to this and play around with players (Foster would of been the ideal candidate), it's not ideal, but the option is there. Leeds don't have the quality or depth to do it. I imagine Sutcliffe will take Hurrells place, we absolutely need to be targeting him!
Newman and Watkins will be in centres for leeds id imaging, Sutcliffe n Myler in halfs with Lolohea full back
Think you're right with Lolohea at full-back but they'll go with Myler and McLelland in halves.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 15 May 2019, 12:33

You think?

I think they'll go Sutcliffe and Myler in the halves and McLelland will drop out again. Be surprised if they go with McLelland for an important SL game.

Watkins back into centre and Donaldson and Singleton back in probably too.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

ClawsForThought

Post by ClawsForThought » 15 May 2019, 12:52

In my opinion I think Agar likes McLelland. Wouldn't exactly be taking a risk going with him over Sutcliffe because Sutcliffe doesn't offer anything going forward anyway. If McLelland starts to play well and cement his place in the team Agar will get praised, if he just continues playing Ferner's team then what's actually point in him being there.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 15 May 2019, 12:58

casladbornandbred wrote:
CB5 wrote:
Rankin
Minikin
Pete
Blair
Eden
Aston
Trueman

Is how id go

CB5

Post by CB5 » 15 May 2019, 13:04

fords wrote:
casladbornandbred wrote:
CB5 wrote:
Rankin
Minikin
Pete
Blair
Eden
Aston
Trueman

Is how id go
Read my mind. Minikin's been the architect of his own downfall wanting to play center (if true) so best to try and give him some time on wing to get some confidence back. Rankin played as a fullback for some games in NRL so no stranger there and likewise with Pete and center. All Powell can do is shuffle the team around as people come fit again because prior to Rankin, we haven't the quality to compete.

Balboa1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Balboa1 » 15 May 2019, 13:31

CB5 wrote:
fords wrote:
casladbornandbred wrote:
CB5 wrote:
Rankin
Minikin
Pete
Blair
Eden
Aston
Trueman

Is how id go
Read my mind. Minikin's been the architect of his own downfall wanting to play center (if true) so best to try and give him some time on wing to get some confidence back. Rankin played as a fullback for some games in NRL so no stranger there and likewise with Pete and center. All Powell can do is shuffle the team around as people come fit again because prior to Rankin, we haven't the quality to compete.
How bout eden centre Blair on the wing :dance:

CB5

Post by CB5 » 15 May 2019, 13:46

Balboa1 wrote:How bout eden centre Blair on the wing :dance:
I want to accept the fact your joking but we're on a Cas forum with Cas fans and after what I see and read on here and the Facebook page, I have my doubts :lol:

Balboa1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Balboa1 » 15 May 2019, 13:59

CB5 wrote:
I want to accept the fact your joking but we're on a Cas forum with Cas fans and after what I see and read on here and the Facebook page, I have my doubts :lol:
I am a fan and av been for many years cheers maybe tongue in cheek Blair would be good on wing though =P~

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 15 May 2019, 14:04

Balboa1 wrote:
CB5 wrote:
I am a fan and av been for many years cheers maybe tongue in cheek Blair would be good on wing though =P~
We'd have to get the ball to him though, which is where the problem lies

CB5

Post by CB5 » 15 May 2019, 14:04

Balboa1 wrote:
CB5 wrote:
As long as he can catch a ball when it's coming out of clouds :pray:

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 15 May 2019, 14:11

Balboa1 wrote:
CB5 wrote:
If he is out injured all ready sums are recruitment up we seam to be the club every body off loads players that have had a bad injury or total loss off form or falling out with there club .Never sign a player on there present good form.

Balboa1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Balboa1 » 15 May 2019, 14:13

flow wrote:
Balboa1 wrote:
CB5 wrote:
If he is out injured all ready sums are recruitment up we seam to be the club every body off loads players that have had a bad injury or total loss off form or falling out with there club .Never sign a player on there present good form.
Av i missed something who's injured now? :-k

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 15 May 2019, 14:18

:D
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

CB5

Post by CB5 » 15 May 2019, 14:20

flow wrote:If he is out injured all ready sums are recruitment up we seam to be the club every body off loads players that have had a bad injury or total loss off form or falling out with there club .Never sign a player on there present good form.
Realistically, who would you sign? I highly doubt players in the peak of their NRL career are going to give up their money and lifestyle to come play in a shed in Cas for less money. There's no wonder we get NRL offloads and ones wanting to try SL out before they retire. We can not compete