Squad v Warrington

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Fryston Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Squad v Warrington

Post by Fryston Tiger » 01 May 2019, 16:18

I think Peanut is the best fullback at the Club, so he has to play there for me. Egodo isn’t ready to play centre on a regular basis but he needs games to see if he can make the step up to a regular SL starter. Minikin seems to have improved recently, so I would go something like this:

Mata’utia
Egodo
Minikin
Blair
Eden
Trueman
Aston

Watts
McShane
Massey
McMeeken
Clarkson
Smith

With a bench of:

Milner
Maher
Clark
Turner

This is of course dependant on that Cheyse Blair is good to go.....

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 01 May 2019, 16:23

Fryston Tiger wrote:I think Peanut is the best fullback at the Club, so he has to play there for me. Egodo isn’t ready to play centre on a regular basis but he needs games to see if he can make the step up to a regular SL starter. Minikin seems to have improved recently, so I would go something like this:

Mata’utia
Egodo
Minikin
Blair
Eden
Trueman
Aston

Watts
McShane
Massey
McMeeken
Clarkson
Smith

With a bench of:

Milner
Maher
Clark
Turner

Pete is the best full back at the club but how I see it is a backline of:
Turner
Minikin
Peanut
Blair
Eden

Looks better than:

Peanut
Egodo
Minikin
Blair
Eden

Warrington are strong outwide so we need our best defenders there and I think sometimes you have to move players around.

Tigerwood posse
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: no

Post by Tigerwood posse » 01 May 2019, 16:26

WARRINGTON SQUAD (IT COULD HAVE BEEN WORSE, THEY'VE A FEW OUT: Sitaleki Akauola, Ryan Atkins, Blake Austin, Josh Charnley, Daryl Clark, Jason Clark, Mike Cooper, Ben Currie, Matt Davis, Bryson Goodwin, Chris Hill, Jack Hughes, Toby King, Harvey Livett, Declan Patton, Joe Philbin, Stefan Ratchford, Lama Tasi, Ben Westwood

Fryston Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Fryston Tiger » 01 May 2019, 16:40

Swagger wrote:
Fryston Tiger wrote:I think Peanut is the best fullback at the Club, so he has to play there for me. Egodo isn’t ready to play centre on a regular basis but he needs games to see if he can make the step up to a regular SL starter. Minikin seems to have improved recently, so I would go something like this:

Mata’utia
Egodo
Minikin
Blair
Eden
Trueman
Aston

Watts
McShane
Massey
McMeeken
Clarkson
Smith

With a bench of:

Milner
Maher
Clark
Turner

Pete is the best full back at the club but how I see it is a backline of:
Turner
Minikin
Peanut
Blair
Eden

Looks better than:

Peanut
Egodo
Minikin
Blair
Eden

Warrington are strong outwide so we need our best defenders there and I think sometimes you have to move players around.
Not totally disagreeing with you, it does look defensively stronger, but....I just don’t think Turner is ready. The way we play, fullback is very influential and I don’t believe Turner is quite there yet. But, having said that, if we do line-up like you have said, I’ll be fully behind him to do a job. What we should have been doing when we were struggling at FB, is playing Calum Turner there regularly to give him much- needed game time and experience.