Corey Aston

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Brummietiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Corey Aston

Post by Brummietiger » 28 Apr 2019, 20:39

Have read a lot of negative posts on a number of threads following the Wigan game, thankfully there have been a number of positive posts to counter these. Given the club's current challenging predicament and given most posters on this forum didn't give us a prayer the other evening expecting us to be hammered into oblivion, overall, I was proud of their performance. Yes we could have won it with a bit more flair, but it wasn't to be. We've been far more guilty of giving up precious points in recent games due to brain fart moments in games when we had stronger teams out. What has been pleasing for me and indeed has given me some hope for the not too distant future is the performance of some of the youngsters who have come into the team. I will put my head above the pulpit and would like to especially pick out Corey Aston, a name which has been on alot of posters get rid of list at the end of the season. If this club wants to eminate and compete with the likes of the Saints in the future, when we are lucky enough to be able to put anything out that looks like a first choice team, then we need to be bold enough to include 2/3 of these individuals and I really hope Corey is one of these. He has a different demeanour about him compared against current first choice team personnel. I believe he has a good future in the home game and I dearly hope we are clever enough to make sure this is in a Cas shirt otherwise we will be regretting letting a talent, like his and others, slip through our fingers.

Show 'n' Go
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Corey Aston

Post by Show 'n' Go » 28 Apr 2019, 21:53

I think Cory has been outstanding in the games he has played. Tougher than old boots and doesn't back down in defence. I would like to see him take the line on a bit more, but that will come when he is up to speed with the game (he's played 3 times, and spent X amount of years playing Championship. It's a different level between the leagues).

I think his kicking game is very good and he gives us a threat down that right side. I'm glad his patience has been rewarded.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 28 Apr 2019, 23:36

i'm still of the opinion that every where he's gone on loan his dad has interfered and given him different instructions to his coach. think he was on his final warning from DP to do as the cas coaching staff tell him and its finally paying off. GO AWAY DAD AND LET YOUR SON PROGRESS WITHOUT YOU.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Brummietiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Brummietiger » 03 May 2019, 23:18

Excellent second half, very intelligent use of the ball. We are experiencing it very tough at the moment, however, based upon his performance in the last 4 games and especially tonite, it's a no brainer, he should be on the team sheet every game at the moment, whoever we have available from injury.

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 03 May 2019, 23:20

He should probably be kicking the goals as well.

Dazzyb
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dazzyb » 03 May 2019, 23:23

You hear all the fuss about Trueman and this kids blinding him. He’s only a young kid Trueman but can’t recall hi putting anyone though a gap? Not his fault mind that all the pundits are raving about him ??

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 04 May 2019, 00:02

Brummietiger wrote:Excellent second half, very intelligent use of the ball. We are experiencing it very tough at the moment, however, based upon his performance in the last 4 games and especially tonite, it's a no brainer, he should be on the team sheet every game at the moment, whoever we have available from injury.
Absolutely
The Firm wrote:He should probably be kicking the goals as well.
Turner just can't knock one over atm, might aswell give it to Aston since he looks to have cemented his place in the 17
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

Andrew6666
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Andrew6666 » 04 May 2019, 00:03

It's the Cas fans way, slate a player before they've played, then retract it when they play well. Aston has looked lively in every game.

Mata'utia looked jaded to me, thrust into being full back and play maker.

On another note, if Warrington are under the cap I'll eat my phone.

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 04 May 2019, 00:16

Andrew6666 wrote:It's the Cas fans way, slate a player before they've played, then retract it when they play well. Aston has looked lively in every game.

Mata'utia looked jaded to me, thrust into being full back and play maker.

On another note, if Warrington are under the cap I'll eat my phone.
Peanut was sick, so explains why I guess

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 04 May 2019, 01:13

Played well again apart from the ridiculous failed kick to touch. Looks decent. Much better than I gave credit for.

SWISS TONY!!
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SWISS TONY!! » 04 May 2019, 09:50

Hes done well in the 4 games hes played but lets not rush into offering a new contract based on 4 games. I dont see him as a creative player more a good back up player and in that hes done well but it takes more than that to be a half back surely. I will judge him when we have a decent pack on show giving him the chance to create some chances. Hes definitely putting a shift in though...
Long Live The Monkey Munch!!!