Club Website

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Club Website

Post by SuffolkTiger » 28 Apr 2019, 11:37

I've just sent an e-mail to Matt Holden & will contact Mark Grattan tomorrow.

I still find it embarrassing that the Media team can't keep the website up to date. It's unacceptable to have a paid group of people to run things efficiently off the pitch and yet on the homepage both the results and league table are 3 games out of date.

That kind of standard belongs at a badly run under 11s Sunday football team. It paints a poor picture for anyone visiting the website for the first time.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: Club Website

Post by nottinghamtiger » 28 Apr 2019, 11:49

Until last week, the ‘fixtures’ tab on the menu linked to the 2016 season.

classycas57
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classycas57 » 28 Apr 2019, 12:59

Yes it does give the expression of a extremely poor running of the club..but if they can't get simple things right imagine the pecker ups behind the scenes.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 28 Apr 2019, 14:33

i enjoy watching our under 16s and 19s a bit more info on the fixtures and reports on matches would not go amiss

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 28 Apr 2019, 14:55

It's the club website.
It's our shop window.
People want all sorts of information.
Fixtures, results and reports on ever game played by every team in the Castleford Tigers stable.
Directions for visitors.
Every market is competitive.
Getting and retaining customers is vital.
If you judge the book by the cover, it paints a very poor picture.
I don't think any Cas fans are oblivious to the many and varied shortcomings.
The Club, the players in every team and of course deserve that.
The forum frequently gives more recent up to dates than the club.
A format and programme that ensures results, reports and tables are updated within reasonable time frames.
Similar with updates on injuries, team news and developments.
To be frank we as fans settle for being treated at best with indifference verging on contempt.
I, like all Cas fans will continue to support the team but that does not excuse such an amateur Internet presence.
Certainly doesn't do the player's justice.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 28 Apr 2019, 15:09

If I knew how to highlight something in red I would do with the words " we as fans settle for being treated at best with indifference verging on contempt "
It's been that way for as long as I can remember
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 28 Apr 2019, 15:21

This is what happens when you try to have 1 member of staff and an intern doing 3 jobs.

At best as a club we should have a Media Manager, Media Executive, Marketing Executive and a Social Media Manager.

Think they are too busy focusing on ROAR and Tigers TV than the actual bread and butter of information and where sponsors actually get the best brand visibility.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 28 Apr 2019, 16:15

tigerfeat wrote:If I knew how to highlight something in red I would do with the words " we as fans settle for being treated at best with indifference verging on contempt "
It's been that way for as long as I can remember
There you go :dance:
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 28 Apr 2019, 16:53

HuddsTigers wrote:This is what happens when you try to have 1 member of staff and an intern doing 3 jobs.

At best as a club we should have a Media Manager, Media Executive, Marketing Executive and a Social Media Manager.

Think they are too busy focusing on ROAR and Tigers TV than the actual bread and butter of information and where sponsors actually get the best brand visibility.
and tigers tv doesnt work as it should ](*,)

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 28 Apr 2019, 18:34

HuddsTigers wrote:This is what happens when you try to have 1 member of staff and an intern doing 3 jobs.

Who says and why?
Audacter Et Sincere

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 28 Apr 2019, 18:57

Get real Hudds.
This is indefensible.
Keeping a Web page or pages up to date at a rugby league club.!
Thing's are hardly changing every minute.
Remember they have the whole off season to work on the template.
The general information changes very occasionally.
Match Reports and league tables are not exactly investigative journalism require in depth reasearch
Results and League tables!!
Match Reports and Updates just feed them into a template.
I am sure an undergraduate in I.T. and one in journalism would welcome the opportunity to enhance their C. V. s
Injury updates.
Forth coming fixtures and events it's the bread and butter of the business of sport.
I am not on twitter or Facebook so the club's website is where l would look if l had not become so disenchanted with it.
How many others/customers does it apply to.
As a visiting fan or a potential new fan it's not exactly inviting.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 28 Apr 2019, 18:58

I didn’t defend it. I was agreeing?

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 28 Apr 2019, 19:05

Mysterio wrote:

Who says and why?
Who says what and why?

If ‘who’ says we have 1 person doing 3 jobs? It seems like that. I remember when Tom was here and he was working lots of hours on his own.

A quick look at the club staff directory shows we have a Media Manager and a Media Executive and then a Tigers TV Executive. Why do we need one person just to focus on Tigers TV? That is why I think we are focusing on just these two things. Tigers TV and Roar are both fan focused sales assets and revenue generating channels.

Why do I think we need four people? Because all will have different responsibilities. The Media Manager should be responsible for all PR, corporate comms and marketing. Media Executive should be responsible for all website and programme content. Marketing Executive should be responsible for campaigns selling all assets to both fans and commercial organisations, including supporting Lottery, Retail and generating visibility for sponsors. Social Media Manager should be responsible for all channels including Tigers TV and tying the 4 together working with the 3 other positions and building online campaigns to drive traffic, brand awareness and ultimately revenue through ticket sales and shop sales.

Most people will check the website first for information. Non Castleford fans and away fans will check our website first for game day information. People will come off Google Searches. I reckon that our website gets far more traffic than any other channel. Not everyone is on Twitter or Facebook.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 28 Apr 2019, 19:41

It's a business with very limited opening hours.
Turnover of less than four million.
The four positions you mention are appropriate to a dynamic large corporation.
Realistically those position would command a combined salary of circa quarter of a million.
Not a rugby league club with a small defined customer base.
There is no absolutely no excuse for the shambolic way the business is run.
Just ask anyone who has bought a hospitality package.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 28 Apr 2019, 19:58

You can get decent people on less than that money. A Social Media Manager you could get for £20k-£25k. There’s plenty of staff in Leeds who work for digital marketing agencies who could do these jobs and work in the industries. Most Media and Marketing Executives are on £23k or less. A Media and Marketing Manager should be around £40k. I would have applied for Cas in the past but the salary was less than I was being paid.

Probably looking at £100k-£120k for the 4. They are business fundamentals. You can’t sell sponsorship without giving them a reason to sponsor. Those factors include attendances, brand visibility from apparel sales, and then visibility achieved through larger online audiences. You can’t grow a club without communicating with your main stakeholders either.

You are right in that in big businesses they pay a lot more but there’s a lot more positions in big companies too. I work with some that have PR Directors, PR Managers, Marketing Managers, Web Managers, Social Media Managers, Head of Paid Media, Executives, Heads of Brand, Content Managers. So many cooks and silos.

I’m in no way shape or form having a go at the lads that are working currently. TigersTV seems to be fantastic and Tom Maguire is doing a great job with that. We do seem to be giving sponsors value through it too. Not read the new programme so can’t comment but it was frustrating it took so long to get online and that it isn’t available as a digital copy than print (that I’m aware of).

Ultimately every fan has a reason for what’s going to get them to games and what’s going to attract them. We seem to have done Fans Forums in the past and market research.

I asked a question about Magic Weekend tickets on social media end of last week. I’m still yet to get an answer. Customer Service on social media should be a fundamental.

There’s so many things we seem to do right and then basic things lacking.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 28 Apr 2019, 21:28

HuddsTigers wrote: At best as a club we should have a Media Manager, Media Executive, Marketing Executive and a Social Media Manager.
Sorry Hudds, I have to disagree here. Its not the local authority where they have 10 people doing 1 persons work. Those 4 you've mentioned is one job. Talk about how many people does it take to change a light bulb. 1 good person on 50K would beat 4 box tickers on 25K each anyday if you get the right person in.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 28 Apr 2019, 22:26

That’s alright. Each to their own on views. I work in the industry so see first hand how much work has to go in to these things. I wholeheartedly disagree, though. For a starter, a PR Manager doesn’t have time to sit on Social Media day in day out dealing with people like me asking questions when they have to coordinate press, organise player interviews, travel here, there and everywhere, write up press releases, attend Marketing and business meetings, etc etc.

They are all very defined roles with different areas of responsibility. That’s my view and until we change things, relying on one person will have people creating threads like this and whinging about lack of injury update news, lack of updating of billboards on Park Road and social media being rubbish.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 28 Apr 2019, 23:05

I wouldn't say people are whinging I looked on the website on Thursday to see the cas team for Wigan and noticed the last two games we'd played had 0-0 against them so obviously the results hadn't been updated for two weeks I thought to myself that's poor and I'm sure most other people looking would feel the same
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 28 Apr 2019, 23:12

HuddsTigers wrote: lack of updating of billboards on Park Road
Drive from Cas into Ponte, even Fev have posters up at the side of the road advertising their next home games. So, it aint difficult

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 28 Apr 2019, 23:28

First team squad never updated regularly either, no Clarkson, Rankin, Blair and Smith. Ben Roberts still on there as well. Was same when we got shut of Gary Lo for reasons we shall not mention, took the club months to remove him from the website as a first team player.
🐯 COYF!