Club Website

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Club Website

Post by casjunction » 28 Apr 2019, 23:44

Please get a grip.
People are not whinging they are customers expressing their customer experience.
Unlike many other customers, they have a brand loyalty others could only dream of.
Organise press interviews.
Organise player interviews. etc. etc.
How many press interviews.
Player interviews assuming such things occur.
Going here there and everywhere is an excuse for unnecessary expenses in many cases in the twenty first media savvy world.
How many players have been interviewed this season.
You may work in the industry what ever that means.
I am retired but have worked for a charity, the local authority, a multinational as well as my own company.
In a hole stop digging.
Assuming the positions you identified were filled and people appropriately renumerated do you think they could generate a return on that investment.?
Pain me though it does.
We are a small town in Wakefield.
There are not the corporate bodies out there who's market identify Castleford as a commercial brand.
I know that for a fact.
As an ex sponsor l can speak first hand on the experience.
Knowing other people in business and tried to introduce them.
Unfortunately they compare the experience at Headingley and potential income generation and then experience a hospitality package at Wheldon Road.
It's almost a Phoenix nights experience
I love watching Cas, and will continue to do so, however regardless of everything l have said and you will no doubt continue to expound your volumous opinion.
On this issue you can call it your opinion.
But the evidence is there for all to see.
The professional profile and media presence or lack are in excusable.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 29 Apr 2019, 13:16

tigerfeat wrote:I wouldn't say people are whinging I looked on the website on Thursday to see the cas team for Wigan and noticed the last two games we'd played had 0-0 against them so obviously the results hadn't been updated for two weeks I thought to myself that's poor and I'm sure most other people looking would feel the same
My point is that people wouldn't have cause to complain over such things if we had the staff to do what you're talking about. Talking about having one person would likely increase said complaints, whereas having the staff would mean absolutely no excuses.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 29 Apr 2019, 13:40

casjunction wrote:Please get a grip.
People are not whinging they are customers expressing their customer experience.
Unlike many other customers, they have a brand loyalty others could only dream of.
Organise press interviews.
Organise player interviews. etc. etc.
How many press interviews.
Player interviews assuming such things occur.
Going here there and everywhere is an excuse for unnecessary expenses in many cases in the twenty first media savvy world.
How many players have been interviewed this season.
You may work in the industry what ever that means.
I am retired but have worked for a charity, the local authority, a multinational as well as my own company.
In a hole stop digging.
Assuming the positions you identified were filled and people appropriately renumerated do you think they could generate a return on that investment.?
Pain me though it does.
We are a small town in Wakefield.
There are not the corporate bodies out there who's market identify Castleford as a commercial brand.
I know that for a fact.
As an ex sponsor l can speak first hand on the experience.
Knowing other people in business and tried to introduce them.
Unfortunately they compare the experience at Headingley and potential income generation and then experience a hospitality package at Wheldon Road.
It's almost a Phoenix nights experience
I love watching Cas, and will continue to do so, however regardless of everything l have said and you will no doubt continue to expound your volumous opinion.
On this issue you can call it your opinion.
But the evidence is there for all to see.
The professional profile and media presence or lack are in excusable.
CJ - I'm going to address this directly. You seem to be responding negatively yet we agree on the same points. No one in this thread is defending the club. If anything we're all pointing out that some of the basics aren't being done and the club could do a whole lot better - just to address that from the start.

When I refer to whinging, so many times there are instances where it's a gripe for the sake of it. My point was that more people would moan if the club only employed one staff member in what is such a diverse area nowadays. It's no longer the same as trying to get a few press news articles and the club on the radio. It's not just print media, it's radio, it's digital. Online is such a broad channel - it doesn't just extend to the website (news, content, Tigers TV). There's social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat), PPC, Programmatic, Email Marketing. Not just at CTRLFC but across Super League we're so poor at online marketing. Gen Z and Millennial attitudes are changing and that's the sports big, big problem at the moment - we're losing the youth audience.

Journalists will look for a story every day. The club usually fronts up Daryl Powell at a press conference to preview a game and 2/3 interviewees that week. Aside from that they have to field ad-hoc media requests, co-ordinate events for players/staff to attend. They have to attend Super League and RFL media days, events and launches, no doubt as well as work with other clubs to promote games too. I'm sure over the coming weeks the PR Team will be in Newcastle for Magic Weekend. You say it's an unnecessary expense but it's a part of the sport and part of their remit as part of being a member of The RFL. I've no idea about how many press releases for club news we send out each week but I know of one journalist complaining/saying Warrington were sending out upto 7 a day at times. I'd suspect we're nowhere near.

In terms of the positions, we have 3 people already and we seem to be doing a pretty OK job. The question is whether we can do better. As I've mentioned in a previous post, my point is that to demonstrate a ROI you're looking at the following areas:

* Hospitality sales - we're limited in what we can do with this but why aren't we sold out every week?
* Ticket sales - our attendances are pretty stagnant still. When was the last time the club tried doing a decent ticket offer?
* Merchandise Sales (shirts, apparel, items in the club shop) - retail is going up but that coincides with success. When was the last time any of us were encouraged to buy anything because of marketing? If we don't, neutrals/non-Cas fans aren't either?

You're right on Headingley vs Cas but that's the perils of having an old stadium and no new ground yet. In my view, we have to demonstrate value in other ways to even stand a chance. That is, if I'm a business owner what I care about is how many people are going to see my brand image across every single channel, how our partnership is going to drive customers to my business/website, how the club can support growth and ambitions to match mine. In that respect, the more people the club drive to the website and every other digital point, the more ammunition it gives to our corporate staff. Similarly, the better the marketing and the bigger attendances we can get, the more we can demonstrate value and increase the revenue generated through sponsorships and hospitality.

As mentioned from the start, we're arguing the same thing. For me, we need to be doing better. Not standing still.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 29 Apr 2019, 14:18

Just out of interest why would our media team be going to Newcastle re Magic Weekend?

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 29 Apr 2019, 14:34

HuddsTigers wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:I wouldn't say people are whinging I looked on the website on Thursday to see the cas team for Wigan and noticed the last two games we'd played had 0-0 against them so obviously the results hadn't been updated for two weeks I thought to myself that's poor and I'm sure most other people looking would feel the same
My point is that people wouldn't have cause to complain over such things if we had the staff to do what you're talking about. Talking about having one person would likely increase said complaints, whereas having the staff would mean absolutely no excuses.
Extra staff cost money we dont have simple as that. With your brillant experience and your love for cas why dont you volunteer to help for free think you would do a good job

BigBez10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by BigBez10 » 29 Apr 2019, 15:33

flow wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:
Extra staff cost money we dont have simple as that. With your brillant experience and your love for cas why dont you volunteer to help for free think you would do a good job
First sentence of your post is fine, I really don't understand the need to then make the comment about Hudds.

Very strange

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 29 Apr 2019, 16:01

BigBez10 wrote:
flow wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:
First sentence of your post is fine, I really don't understand the need to then make the comment about Hudds.

Very strange
Why is it strange the lad is obvious good at any thing to do with I T. Maybe he can help or advice them people have helped the club before for free just for the love off the club.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 29 Apr 2019, 16:12

HuddsTigers wrote:
I've not got a clue about websites how much it costs or how hard it is to keep them up to date I look on our website and it looks ok to me I just thought it strange that for over two weeks no one had noticed that the scores of recent matches had not been put up
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 29 Apr 2019, 17:21

casjunction wrote:Just out of interest why would our media team be going to Newcastle re Magic Weekend?
My apologies - I meant Liverpool. All clubs tend to attend a launch event for Magic Weekend and put up players.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 29 Apr 2019, 17:33

flow wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:
Sometimes you have to take a punt to make a few quid. It's not such a risk if you invest in the right people and right areas. For me, without the Commercial side of things and the Marketing side of things, you're leaving things solely to brand loyalty, which can wane at any point.

As for volunteering for free, my door is always open if they want a chat just the same as anyone else on here. But it's not jobs that can be done for free as it requires a lot of time and commitment (and support!). My posts aren't here to criticise but it's about maintaining the growth now and really maximising what we can do. They've made some good steps over the last few years. Many of my points may have already be trialed and I/we haven't seen it because we're not being targeted.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 30 Apr 2019, 12:21

Results updated.!!!
Could this be a sign.
For what I don't know.