Dear or dear

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Tigersbarmy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Dear or dear

Post by Tigersbarmy » 22 Apr 2019, 20:08

Blame injuries all you want but truth is some of the players we have are just not good enough at all . We don’t have any players coming through that are ready to be depended on . Sorry to scapegoat but people like James Clare and Greg minkin just are not good enough for this club . We have moved on from where we was as a club 4-5 years ago . Don’t be happy and satisfied where we are we should be pushing for more . We have way too many average players on big wages and long contracts .

jackknife
Verified

Re: Dear or dear

Post by jackknife » 22 Apr 2019, 20:13

Clare n Minikin are still good enough for the club as back up players but starting 13 no chance.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

Juscas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Juscas » 22 Apr 2019, 21:25

I still think there is a good player in minikin but Clare is just terrible and shouldn’t be at the club

Dixie D
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dixie D » 22 Apr 2019, 22:06

Dear or Deer? Could be a good game

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 22 Apr 2019, 22:21

Dixie D wrote:Dear or Deer? Could be a good game
:lol:
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 22 Apr 2019, 22:25

I agree on Clare.
Pathetic.

Minikin could make a player though.
Audacter Et Sincere

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 22 Apr 2019, 22:31

I think Greg has really turned a corner this last couple of games, if he leaves I think it’ll be move we regret in years to come.

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 22 Apr 2019, 22:40

SREGITSAC wrote:I think Greg has really turned a corner this last couple of games, if he leaves I think it’ll be move we regret in years to come.
Agreed.i thought minikin played well today.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 23 Apr 2019, 06:41

SREGITSAC wrote:I think Greg has really turned a corner this last couple of games, if he leaves I think it’ll be move we regret in years to come.
Starting centres bar injury for next 2yrs will be shenton and blair. So Cas have to decide is it 2 Greg's on wing or do we let minikin go and sign a proven NRL winger.

Could try to keep him still regardless as cover if he will stay as backup.

dude
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by dude » 23 Apr 2019, 07:08

Might be an unpopular opinion but I dont think matautia is good enough to play fullback for cas. He offers very little in attack compared to our last 2 fullbacks. Doesn't join the line out wide at pace to create the extra man. I recon we should try Rankin there, his extra pace might get him in the positions were used to the fullback being. Hes a good player but I dont think hes the style of fullback we used to and it's making our attack very ordinary.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 23 Apr 2019, 07:24

I'd play Rankin at full back matautia in centres
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 23 Apr 2019, 08:28

tigerfeat wrote:I'd play Rankin at full back matautia in centres
A big thing in Matautias favour is his ability to be in the right position to catch the kicks I cant remember him dropping one Dorn though a better attacking player had his frailties in that department silly ZAK had it all

mdean
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: Sacked social media

Post by mdean » 23 Apr 2019, 08:53

I think we are throwing the baby out with the bathwater a bit with some of the names.
We haven't looked right this season with a settled side and we are hanging in 4th not dragging along the bottom.

I said a while ago on the centre thread that it only matters we are makeshift when we lose. Yesterday was bad literally no continuity at all. We have a choice though that no combinations will get any better and we won't get any slicker "trying" something different every week, I think we have to persist. Time and especially quality recovery time between now and Wigan is too short.

I try not to get too up and excited when it is going well, but you can't get too down when it isn't. Put Millington and Gale out there yesterday and I think it is a different game.

westyorkylad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westyorkylad » 23 Apr 2019, 12:30

mdean wrote:I think we are throwing the baby out with the bathwater a bit with some of the names.
We haven't looked right this season with a settled side and we are hanging in 4th not dragging along the bottom.

I said a while ago on the centre thread that it only matters we are makeshift when we lose. Yesterday was bad literally no continuity at all. We have a choice though that no combinations will get any better and we won't get any slicker "trying" something different every week, I think we have to persist. Time and especially quality recovery time between now and Wigan is too short.

I try not to get too up and excited when it is going well, but you can't get too down when it isn't. Put Millington and Gale out there yesterday and I think it is a different game.
Sensible and reasoned, you wont get anywhere on here with those sort of opinions :lol:

We've been beaten, the doom mongers are out in force!

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 23 Apr 2019, 13:19

Whatever some may think, we are not Leeds nor in their position. 8)
Spreading the Cas gene pool

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 23 Apr 2019, 14:14

westyorkylad wrote:
mdean wrote:I think we are throwing the baby out with the bathwater a bit with some of the names.

Sensible and reasoned, you wont get anywhere on here with those sort of opinions :lol:

We've been beaten, the doom mongers are out in force!
Coin as two sides you also have happy clappers who only post when we win lol. Attack will not improve while trueman dont have a proper half with him . he is simply not good enough to do it all himself .

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 23 Apr 2019, 15:35

Happy Clappers.
Tinted specs.
No just a Cas Fan.
I along with every other fan knows we have not progressed.
I think we all question some of the signing and contract extensions.
Moaning and resorting to name calling will not change anything.
So l do as l have done more many a year along with thousands of other Cas fans turn up, support the team and wonder whether just like the last one and the one before that and so on.
It's always our year.
Still realising that with so many injuries, it's highly probable some pulling on the jerseys are carrying injuries.
See you Saturday.