lateral thinking

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Coopermanvision

lateral thinking

Post by Coopermanvision » 19 Apr 2019, 12:09

Compared with most Tiger fans my knowledge of RL is minute. However I did used to follow Saints in the days of Long and Cunningham and Tigers since 2015 when I moved to North Yorkshire.
Most things in life to be successful require lateral thinking. I recently signed up for Tigers TV and it is great to watch the games in full because it is easy to dissect what went wrong and want went right in a game. How play in the next game can be improved. This is where lateral thinking comes in as with Football if you have a number 9 who is tall and can head a ball into the back of the net as per Nat Lofthouse all you need are wingers who can put across high balls.
The same in RL. If you have someone who is fast like Regan Grace or Eden you use them to their full advantage. There was a reason why Eden scored over 30 tries two years ago. I do hope that the coaching staff at Cas get back to basics and relive the great play of 2017 once they get their best players back from injury.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: lateral thinking

Post by Fumper27 » 19 Apr 2019, 12:42

He scored over 40 in 2017 if you include the cup games.

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 19 Apr 2019, 19:12

Mainly because he was playing outside gale hardaker n shenton that were all on top form.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 19 Apr 2019, 22:15

I fail to see how the point you are making has anything to do with the concept of lateral thinking.
More to do with common sense.
Suggested reading Edward De Bono.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 19 Apr 2019, 22:39

Coopermanvision wrote:Compared with most Tiger fans my knowledge of RL is minute. However I did used to follow Saints in the days of Long and Cunningham and Tigers since 2015 when I moved to North Yorkshire.
Most things in life to be successful require lateral thinking. I recently signed up for Tigers TV and it is great to watch the games in full because it is easy to dissect what went wrong and want went right in a game. How play in the next game can be improved. This is where lateral thinking comes in as with Football if you have a number 9 who is tall and can head a ball into the back of the net as per Nat Lofthouse all you need are wingers who can put across high balls.
The same in RL. If you have someone who is fast like Regan Grace or Eden you use them to their full advantage. There was a reason why Eden scored over 30 tries two years ago. I do hope that the coaching staff at Cas get back to basics and relive the great play of 2017 once they get their best players back from injury.
You should write to the club and let them know.
Seriously, two posts and both saying more or less the same thing - create a game-plan focused on Greg Eden. Weird.

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 19 Apr 2019, 22:46

Are you Greg Eden?
🐯 COYF!

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 20 Apr 2019, 09:08

Coopermanvision wrote:Compared with most Tiger fans my knowledge of RL is minute. However I did used to follow Saints in the days of Long and Cunningham and Tigers since 2015 when I moved to North Yorkshire.
Your point about a tall number nine and a winger who can cross is not lateral thinking, it is very basic logic, and I would wager every football coach with very little intelligence has worked that one out.

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 20 Apr 2019, 10:17

So your RL knowledge is minimal yet you email professionals giving them advice :lol: