Brayden Wiliame

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
The Fox
Academy Player
Academy Player

Brayden Wiliame

Post by The Fox » 16 Apr 2019, 15:09

Was just looking at his suspension - one match ban for that late and high tackle on Connor, and then comparing it to the 3 match suspension that McShane got for quite an innocuous hit on Myler. Cannot work out how they can come up with these decisions at the RFL.

Squaddie86
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Brayden Wiliame

Post by Squaddie86 » 16 Apr 2019, 15:15

The Fox wrote:Was just looking at his suspension - one match ban for that late and high tackle on Connor, and then comparing it to the 3 match suspension that McShane got for quite an innocuous hit on Myler. Cannot work out how they can come up with these decisions at the RFL.

Maybe because that "innocuous hit" was a deliberate elbow to the face?

I'm not saying the disciplinary panel isn't inconsistent, but people really need to understand that 3 games was a fair ban for a man who literally elbowed an opponent in the face and didn't get so much as a yellow.

Personally I'm more angry that Sam Powell only got 2 games, after his attempt to end Fifitas career.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 16 Apr 2019, 15:54

The Fox wrote:Was just looking at his suspension - one match ban for that late and high tackle on Connor, and then comparing it to the 3 match suspension that McShane got for quite an innocuous hit on Myler. Cannot work out how they can come up with these decisions at the RFL.
Innocuous??? To quote the grate man himslef:

“Take off those rose tinted speccs you melt”

takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by takethetwo » 16 Apr 2019, 16:06

Squaddie86 wrote:

Maybe because that "innocuous hit" was a deliberate elbow to the face?

I'm not saying the disciplinary panel isn't inconsistent, but people really need to understand that 3 games was a fair ban for a man who literally elbowed an opponent in the face and didn't get so much as a yellow.

Personally I'm more angry that Sam Powell only got 2 games, after his attempt to end Fifitas career.
It was Jake Shorrocks with the hit to Fifitas knees, Powell got 2 games for seperate incident.

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 16 Apr 2019, 20:33

Probky because the tackle was on Connor, i would have let Wiliame off with a warning and bought him a few pints
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

scottiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by scottiger » 16 Apr 2019, 23:32

The elbow was pretty bad let's be honest
Theres no vendetta against cas ffs.
TM Out

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 16 Apr 2019, 23:43

jackknife wrote:
Probky because the tackle was on Connor, i would have let Wiliame off with a warning and bought him a few pints
i'd have given williams two points for the man of steel. connor is the ultimate grub.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

The Fox
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by The Fox » 17 Apr 2019, 08:45

OK, OK - but before I "melt" away:

I never claimed anywhere that McShane's suspension was excessive, I compared his "offence" with the Wiliame "offence". Notwithstanding that the tackle was on Connor, in my opinion, Wiliame's tackle had the potential to inflict far more injury to the tackled player - he had both feet off the ground and hit Connor with his shoulder on his head, could easily have damaged his jaw, cheekbone or eye-socket. McShane's hit with the forearm was going to cause a bust lip or nose at the worst, and wasn't even seen by anyone until picked up by the cameras.

I don't have any issue with McShane getting 3 matches for it, but was merely pointing out that in comparison Wiliame has got off very lightly.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 17 Apr 2019, 09:24

The Fox wrote:OK, OK - but before I "melt" away:

I never claimed anywhere that McShane's suspension was excessive, I compared his "offence" with the Wiliame "offence". Notwithstanding that the tackle was on Connor, in my opinion, Wiliame's tackle had the potential to inflict far more injury to the tackled player - he had both feet off the ground and hit Connor with his shoulder on his head, could easily have damaged his jaw, cheekbone or eye-socket. McShane's hit with the forearm was going to cause a bust lip or nose at the worst, and wasn't even seen by anyone until picked up by the cameras.

I don't have any issue with McShane getting 3 matches for it, but was merely pointing out that in comparison Wiliame has got off very lightly.
don't worry about it just fumpers sense off humour. we all now like most things in rugby league were officials are involved it is in conistance ,just ask catalan fans last weeks try disaload lol.