Wakefield H

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Re: Wakefield H

Post by the machine » 13 Apr 2019, 08:56

tigerfeat wrote:Seems like Wigan were back to there hold tricks last night third man coming in doing damage to the legs
https://twitter.com/david_fifita_/statu ... 02688?s=19
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 13 Apr 2019, 08:57

So if Milner cops a ban and Millington can't play how do we think we will line up?

Turner
Clare
Minikin
Shenton
Eden
Peanut
Trueman
Watts
O'Neill
Clark
Jesse
McMeekan
Moors

Cook
Smith
Maher
Holmes? Or any of our other injured players due back.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 13 Apr 2019, 09:13

the machine wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:Seems like Wigan were back to there hold tricks last night third man coming in doing damage to the legs
IMO that is shocking. The Wigan lad should be looking at a ban for that. Get's knocked off so decides he'll go in to a standing players planted leg whilst he can't see.

I noticed Tommy Leuliau doing this against us as 3rd man in. Needs to be cut out ASAP!

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 13 Apr 2019, 09:16

heritage1926 wrote:
the machine wrote:
IMO that is shocking. The Wigan lad should be looking at a ban for that. Get's knocked off so decides he'll go in to a standing players planted leg whilst he can't see.

I noticed Tommy Leuliau doing this against us as 3rd man in. Needs to be cut out ASAP!
Chester said similar in his post match interview
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 13 Apr 2019, 09:41

Swagger wrote:So if Milner cops a ban and Millington can't play how do we think we will line up?

Turner
Clare
Minikin
Shenton
Eden
Peanut
Trueman
Watts
O'Neill
Clark
Jesse
McMeekan
Moors

Cook
Smith
Maher
Got to admit that looks pretty dire,Ano we have a cracking record v wakey over recent years but next Thursday could be tough to keep that going.hopefully a big crowd can pull us through

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 13 Apr 2019, 09:54

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:Reading some posts on social media this morning and it appears the Polecats have won the SL already. Apparently they are doing it tough with lots of good injuries.

I am just happy that we don’t have anyone injured this season, god forbid what could happen if we did. :liar: :liar: :liar:
You're better than that Lofthouse [-X
I read all the forums involving us and I've never once seen a Trinity supporter claiming we'll win SL. Unfortunately for us these four new injuries will knock us sideways, up to last night I was confident we'd turn you over next Thursday but not now. We'll miss England, Miller, Wood, Lynne, Tupou and Johnstone big style, it's a pity cos I thought it'd be a good even game. Ah well, ce la vie, as Del Boy would say.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 13 Apr 2019, 09:59

Scoopage wrote:
Swagger wrote:So if Milner cops a ban and Millington can't play how do we think we will line up?

Turner
Clare
Minikin
Shenton
Eden
Peanut
Trueman
Watts
O'Neill
Clark
Jesse
McMeekan
Moors

Cook
Smith
Maher
Got to admit that looks pretty dire,Ano we have a cracking record v wakey over recent years but next Thursday could be tough to keep that going.hopefully a big crowd can pull us through
Holmes id expect back don't know if rankins fit yet dp will have to decide wether to keep Turner at full -back or not if he is or move matautia back to full back
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

steadygetyerboots-on
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by steadygetyerboots-on » 13 Apr 2019, 10:02

heritage1926 wrote:
the machine wrote:

Not to defend anything Wigan, but I must be missing something, cos I don’t see anything wrong with that particular tackle. Yeah he hits the legs, but the knee bends the right way so I’m not sure what else he can do other than just let fifita do what he wants.
"Stand by me as I stand by you, be brave and dare to dream".

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 13 Apr 2019, 10:06

I read all the forums involving us and I've never once seen a Trinity supporter claiming we'll win SL. Unfortunately for us these four new injuries will knock us sideways, up to last night I was confident we'd turn you over next Thursday but not now. We'll miss England, Miller, Wood, Lynne, Tupou and Johnstone big style, it's a pity cos I thought it'd be a good even game. Ah well, ce la vie, as Del Boy would say.
I would wait and see the outcome of the potential injuries first Jinge. Chester has developed a habit of keeping us guessing on team selection recently. I'd expect Powell and our coaching staff not to read too much into last night's game and injuries until the teams are out on Tuesday.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 13 Apr 2019, 10:11

Tigerade wrote:
I would wait and see the outcome of the potential injuries first Jinge. Chester has developed a habit of keeping us guessing on team selection recently. I'd expect Powell and our coaching staff not to read too much into last night's game and injuries until the teams are out on Tuesday.
Normally I'd smirk and agree with you on this Tigerade but we ended up with just 13 fit players and no subs for the last 15 minutes I think. If those players I named are fit then I'm relatively confident we'll give you a good run out and quite possibly take the points. :)

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 13 Apr 2019, 10:11

Even then I wouldn’t read into it until it’s announced on Thursday. Prepare for Wakefield’s best and only best.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 13 Apr 2019, 10:13

It's started early this year the annual fifita might not play we won't be able to put a team out tripe
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 13 Apr 2019, 10:23

tigerfeat wrote:It's started early this year the annual fifita might not play we won't be able to put a team out tripe
Give over, Fifita will play, he did 80 minutes yesterday, it's the four from last night I'm concerned about.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 13 Apr 2019, 10:25

JIN JER wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:It's started early this year the annual fifita might not play we won't be able to put a team out tripe
Give over, Fifita will play, he did 80 minutes yesterday, it's the four from last night I'm concerned about.
What were the injuries to the 4 players.
How serious are they and did any of them come back on the field.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 13 Apr 2019, 10:35

the machine wrote:
That’s awful to watch. Makes me cringe as I had to quit the game through a knee injury. That player (who was it) needs to cop a ban of at least 6 games.

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 13 Apr 2019, 10:37

That’s awful to watch. Makes me cringe as I had to quit the game through a knee injury. That player (who was it) needs to cop a ban of at least 6 games.
It was Powell. Biggest grub at Wigan.

Tigerwood posse
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: no

Post by Tigerwood posse » 13 Apr 2019, 11:02

I was at the Wakey game (don’t ask, corporate freebie) looking at those injuries, from what I saw, England’s looked worst, bad knee injury by the looks of it, he was screaming in pain, he won’t be playing anytime soon, lynne looked bad to, maybe not so bad, but he was carried off, he won’t be playing, Miller limped off but didn’t look that bad, I reckon he might play, Wood looked slightly worse than miller, I reckon he might miss a match or 2, Pauli Pauli should get a ban, he ran at gildarts head with his forearms, it looked pretty bad, he should get a ban for that.... Wigan were the best team in the second half to be honest, I thought Wakey might run up a score, but Wigan rolled their sleeves up, Wakey won’t have had a better chance to beat the pies, did anybody see the Wigan team sheet??? That was surely the weakest team Wigan have fielded in a decade, they had injuries when we played em, but it was even worse tonight I didn’t recognise 6 names and then Hardaker didn’t play, shocking team they put out, but I have to say Gildart and George Williams were on another level, cut Wakey to shreds in that second half, very expensive win for Wakey!!

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 13 Apr 2019, 11:11

old cas lass wrote:
JIN JER wrote:
What were the injuries to the 4 players.
How serious are they and did any of them come back on the field.
If I remember correctly non came back on, that's why we were down to just 13 players for the last fifteen.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 13 Apr 2019, 11:21

Chester doesn't seem to think any of them will be back for Thursday.

Tigerwood posse
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: no

Post by Tigerwood posse » 13 Apr 2019, 11:49

The Wigan Team that Wakey got lucky playing last night, is this the weakest Pie line up in a decade???
Attachments
B44B9D60-78A7-4AD6-9AEF-0A1D56FF07FF.png