Cheating and the play of ball

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
drleftie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Cheating and the play of ball

Post by drleftie » 14 Apr 2019, 09:56

alftupper wrote:
Bolton-tiger wrote:Hudds no.9 has done that now 2 weeks on the trot where hes passed the ball into the player on purpose and both times gets awarded with a penalty.its disgusting how u can blantent cheat and get rewarded for it.
McShane gets a quick play the ball spots a defender trying to get back on side and makes a beeline for him wilfully running into him and earning a penalty. I suppose this is virtuous play from a saintly Cas player is it?
There's a world of difference. The defender not square at the ptb has the option of not making the tackle and getting out of the way. Even if there is contact because the attacker runs directly at him no penalty is awarded if the defender does not attempt the tackle. The player on the floor however is targeted directly by the pass cannot avoid it and as soon as the ball hits him the penalty is awarded.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 14 Apr 2019, 10:28

Just watching the NRL game Canberra v parramatta.
It’s good to see the refs in oz have got wise to it.
In SL there would have been 5/6 more penalties in this game.
The ref just lets the players get up, infact I’ve not seen one player throw the ball at a defender laid in the ruck. They just wanna play rugby.

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 19 Apr 2019, 10:29

any comment about McMeeken throwing away the ball at the play the ball in an attempt to con a penalty last night?

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 19 Apr 2019, 10:38

alftupper wrote:any comment about McMeeken throwing away the ball at the play the ball in an attempt to con a penalty last night?
If you're talking about the one with Fifita, I didn't see it has a deliberate act to cheat, he simply got the ball caught behind Fifita after holding the ball incorrectly and lost it and like most players tried to claim his innocence.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 19 Apr 2019, 10:50

alftupper wrote:any comment about McMeeken throwing away the ball at the play the ball in an attempt to con a penalty last night?
He's close to his own line, early in tackle count, and you suggest he throws ball away to con a penalty...

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 19 Apr 2019, 10:52

What a numpty you are. It was the first tackle, he’s a metre from his own line and you say he throws the ball away? Have a word with yourself Alf
Last edited by Fumper27 on 19 Apr 2019, 11:20, edited 1 time in total.

tallguyx
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tallguyx » 19 Apr 2019, 10:53

I don’t think anybody can blame the ref for anything last night. Cas had at least 2 50/50s go their way. Still onwards and upwards.

I don’t think the refs ever set out to be biased they are just inconsistent.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 19 Apr 2019, 11:02

I'd be blaming the ref for plenty last night if I'd gone in wearing a red white and blue scarf lol
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 19 Apr 2019, 11:04

tigerfeat wrote:I'd be blaming the ref for plenty last night if I'd gone in wearing a red white and blue scarf lol
Correct.

North Leeds Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by North Leeds Tiger » 19 Apr 2019, 11:17

I’m in no doubt whatsoever that Mcmeeken tried to milk a penalty on his own line. He had two hands on the ball when getting up then wrapped his right arm around Fifita
I would expect Powell to discuss this with him
It’s a very risky strategy looking for a pen on your own 5 yards line and this backfired.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 19 Apr 2019, 11:24

North Leeds Tiger wrote:I’m in no doubt whatsoever that Mcmeeken tried to milk a penalty on his own line. He had two hands on the ball when getting up then wrapped his right arm around Fifita
It’s a very risky strategy looking for a pen on your own 5 yards line and this backfired.
Nar, he lost the ruck, tried getting up too quickly whilst holding the ball wrong, got his hand with the ball stuck behind Fifita and lost it, that simple really.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 19 Apr 2019, 11:59

North Leeds Tiger wrote:I’m in no doubt whatsoever that Mcmeeken tried to milk a penalty on his own line. He had two hands on the ball when getting up then wrapped his right arm around Fifita
And they scored from the scrum.

flood light tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flood light tiger » 22 Apr 2019, 18:30

This play at the ball were players through ball into player on floor blatantly is rediculous

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 22 Apr 2019, 18:35

flood light tiger wrote:This play at the ball were players through ball into player on floor blatantly is rediculous
No help for rest of season but I would imagine they will change it come in line with nrl where they just pick ball up over man because they know they won't get a penalty playing it into him
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 22 Apr 2019, 18:50

It’s absolutely ridiculous.needs sorting bigstyle

Bolton-tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bolton-tiger » 22 Apr 2019, 19:02

Its embarrasing it really is,i blame the refs and the rfl to let it happen,i thought they had already brought a rule in to stamp it out but that seems to have been forgotten about if there is.its not good for the sport as its just making a mokery of it when players are making it so obvious when doing it

drleftie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by drleftie » 22 Apr 2019, 19:18

Bolton-tiger wrote:Its embarrasing it really is,i blame the refs and the rfl to let it happen,i thought they had already brought a rule in to stamp it out but that seems to have been forgotten about if there is.its not good for the sport as its just making a mokery of it when players are making it so obvious when doing it
The rules are the same in the NRL & you don't see it there. Wouldn't take much for the coaches to tell their players it's unacceptable. Same with trying to milk penalties at the ptb. Leave the play acting to the soccer players.

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 22 Apr 2019, 20:38

About time Cas did it.

Child enabled it today by penalising Cas for a Catalan player pretty much grubbering the ball backwards to make sure it hit a Cas player and they scored off the back of that penalty.

If refs want to play that way then so should Cas. If the RFL want it stopped, outlaw it.

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 22 Apr 2019, 21:09

Child set the precedent allowing it today. It's a joke. I'm embarrassed. It almost brings the game into disrepute in some regards.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 23 Apr 2019, 10:02

We've got to use it because other teams use it. We've been missing fans by the odd point and it might just make the difference.