Cheating and the play of ball

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Outlaw13

Re: Cheating and the play of ball

Post by Outlaw13 » 23 Apr 2019, 18:31

SREGITSAC wrote:New rules released tonight, should prevent this now, see RFL website for statement
Well done to the RFL....

The following additions / amendments to 2019 referee policy have been introduced with immediate effect:

Placing the ball on the defender lying on the ground – It is the responsibility of the player playing the ball to place the ball on the ground at their feet. If necessary the player should step backwards to ensure this can be done. OUTCOME – If the ball is placed on the tackler, this will be ruled a knock-on.

Moving off the mark / stepping over to deliberately place the defender in the ruck - It is the responsibility of the player playing the ball to place the ball on the ground at their feet, and not to advance off the mark - if necessary the player should step backwards. OUTCOME – The player in possession will be penalised for moving off the mark if deliberately stepping over a defender to place them in the ruck.

Playing the ball into a defender in the ruck – The player playing the ball should maintain balance and control when heeling the ball to the acting half-back.OUTCOME - In this situation the player in the ruck will be penalised if hit by the ball - or if in the opinion of the referee the half-back is prevented from picking the ball up. EXCEPTION – A penalty will be awarded against the player playing the ball if the ball is forcibly heeled back with the intention of contacting the defending player with the ball.

Passing into an opposing player – Any ball passed into an opposing player in and around the ruck, in any direction, will be deemed to be acting against the spirit of the game. OUTCOME - The passer will be immediately penalised.

baldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by baldtiger » 23 Apr 2019, 18:37

cogito ergo sum wrote:I was embarrassed when Shenton did it, but Catalan had set the standard by then, and Shenton's was a reaction.
I totally agree it looked shocking , but I think he did the right thing in making it so blatant hopefully it will force a rule change sooner rather than later ](*,) ](*,)

baldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by baldtiger » 23 Apr 2019, 18:52

Chuff me lol . rule change news on our league , sorted it out ! Good old Shenny I say ......

Captain
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Captain » 23 Apr 2019, 22:18

baldtiger wrote:
cogito ergo sum wrote:I was embarrassed when Shenton did it, but Catalan had set the standard by then, and Shenton's was a reaction.
I totally agree it looked shocking , but I think he did the right thing in making it so blatant hopefully it will force a rule change sooner rather than later ](*,) ](*,)
I think Shenton was deliberately trying to prove a point. It'd just happened to us twice and he was exasperated so made it so comical that it stood out as being wrong.

usacas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by usacas » 24 Apr 2019, 00:28

From what I’ve seen of the Women’s RL they seem to have cleaner rucks, no falling about on each other, no penalties and much cleaner play the ball-sometimes even with their feet. Come on guys it’s not that difficult, spectators deserve to watch a good clean game with no cheating and constant penalties.