Daryl powell

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Daryl powell

Post by lurcher » 11 Apr 2019, 14:09

i think its exactly what DP was expecting. he said in his post match interview he thought he had time to get across before play re-started. he added with a smile "i won't be doing it again"
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 11 Apr 2019, 17:21

Dez wrote:
old cas lass wrote:
cogito ergo sum wrote:DP wears his heart on his sleeve, consequently he sometimes acts hastily. His post - match last year against the same opponents springs to mind. Nobody is left in any doubt about how he feels, and for that I can forgive the occasional reaction.
Love to see a coach with passion.
Shaun Wane !
OCL said coach not bell end

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 12 Apr 2019, 12:11

He did well not to forfeit his £5k last night!
Spreading the Cas gene pool

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 23 Apr 2019, 09:08

I am getting slightly worried of late regarding DP.

His "cool as cucumber" demeanour which he has had since taking over is now starting to slip big style and just observing him in the last 2 games shows a man with worry and stress.

His walk onto the pitch against saints more or less told a story and it's been on the slide ever since !

I reckon it must be his absolute frustration at the players who are now starting to play like a sunday amateur side which I thought the display against Catalans was obviously error ridden throughout, lack of movement, lack of invention and totally woeful !

What's happened to that Cas side who were throwing the ball around and the wingers diving over ???

I know they have won games up the middle on a couple of occasions this season but surely deploying the same against that big Catalans pack was not ever going to work and moving that side around by throwing the ball out more would have tired their heavy unit forwards and the gaps would have appeared to score !

If nothing changes we are destined to finish in the lower end of the league and I think that is DP's big worry, so let's hope the intro of Blair and a few bodies coming back will change the course !

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 23 Apr 2019, 09:41

Your right about the way to beat Catalans keep the off loads coming as Salford did ran them raggered
I don't think we're in a bad a situation as some but we need make some changes bring players in that is for sure
The club recently handed out a lucrative contract to Milner and the way he's playing he should be nowhere near the first team if everybody was fit that will be causing stress and worry no doubt
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Jazzman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Jazzman » 23 Apr 2019, 10:38

To be fair, they need to make a stance against the amount of time some of the “water boys” spend on the pitch, directing play...[/quote]

I noticed yesterday that Greg Bird went down "injured" and received attention for quite a while. IIRC he did exactly the same in their last game that I watched. It was also noticeable that Tompkins stretches every conversion out as long as he can to give his team mates a rest.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 23 Apr 2019, 10:48

CasRus wrote:. What's happened to that Cas side who were throwing the ball around and the wingers diving over ???
That Cas side had an international scrum half who is now sitting in the stands, an on-fire stand off who has now retired through injury and an attack-minded full back who could strike from deep.
That’s what happened.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 23 Apr 2019, 10:51

nottinghamtiger wrote:
CasRus wrote:. What's happened to that Cas side who were throwing the ball around and the wingers diving over ???
That Cas side had an international scrum half who is now sitting in the stands, an on-fire stand off who has now retired through injury and an attack-minded full back who could strike from deep.
That’s what happened.
So 3 players causes so much disruption.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 23 Apr 2019, 11:01

old cas lass wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:
That’s what happened.
Those are the positions that will cause a change in style of play and expansive rugby.

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 23 Apr 2019, 11:06

old cas lass wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:
That’s what happened.
YES
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 23 Apr 2019, 12:39

No wonder DP is looking stressed I am feeling the same, every time a player goes down he must be thinking who have we got left for next week, of all the time I have watched CAS I can never remember an injury list as long as this

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 23 Apr 2019, 12:57

same here, we are losing 2 players per game & i just cant believe that Sts seem to turn out the same team week on week, what on earth is going on with all our bad luck?

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 23 Apr 2019, 14:09

old cas lass wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:
That’s what happened.
Definitely. Take Austin, Clark and Ratchford out of the current Warrington side and see how they play then. Every bit of spark has gone.

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 23 Apr 2019, 17:33

Lose your spine, you lose your attack. I’ve been saying this for weeks... how many games have we played this year with a settled 1,6,7 & 9. This is exactly what ruined last season for us!

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 23 Apr 2019, 17:35

its a miracle that we have 14 points :roll:

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 23 Apr 2019, 17:54

yorky wrote:its a miracle that we have 14 points :roll:
I think we have to give the team a shred of credit here too. They could have folded against Leeds - they got within a whisker of snatching it.

They could have folded against Wigan - they superbly came back. We could have beat Huddersfield with a bit more patience.

The only two we've actually been well beaten by - in my eyes - is Saints and Catalans, and to an extent Warrington (though 14 points is hardly a hammering).

Saints (virtually our first choice team): Clark, McMeeken, Ellis
Warrington: Millington, Holmes, McMeeken, Milner, Ellis, Clark
Huddersfield: McShane, Millington (went off injured in minute 1), Holmes, Massey, Foster, Ellis, Rankin

Since beating us Saints have gone on to put 38 past Warrington, 36 past Wigan and 62 past Hull (with a minor blip vs Catalans). The team is pretty brutal at the moment.

We're regularly struggling to field 6/7 of our players. As it stands we currently have Gale, Ellis, Rankin, Millington, Holmes, Massey, Foster, Sene-Lefao, Cook sat in the stands. 9 players, 5/6 of which would definitely be in our or be options to cover injuries.

It's very marginal differences which are costing us in some games. Maturity, experience, control, organisation, all of which stem from having a spine that's not settled and young players in key positions. I think it's actually good we have Aston playing with Trueman at the moment because at least Aston is - meant as a compliment - a bit of a mouthy individual. Too many players going for glory than taking one for the team too. They need to settle and play basic, dirty rugby. I don't care if it's exciting or not - just do the basics well and control the game.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!