Huddersfield on Thursday

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: Huddersfield on Thursday

Post by gateman » 12 Apr 2019, 08:04

a lot of posts on the money , but for me if Mc Shane had been able to play we would have won this game a lot of pressure on there line then running out of ideas , criticisms Milner ought to have his wages docked to give a penalty away in the final minute , if we had more players if not banned he should be stood down, Moors is not putting the work in like we have seen him in the past, on the plus side good following from the CAS faithful top shows from Cook and Watts

Dez
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dez » 12 Apr 2019, 08:29

Nobody seems to have mentioned how well oneil went. Thought he was outstanding in a difficult position. Great future in my eyes

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 12 Apr 2019, 08:40

Dez wrote:Nobody seems to have mentioned how well oneil went. Thought he was outstanding in a difficult position. Great future in my eyes
Yep put himself about. He could player over Milner for me at present

Jonny1975
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Jonny1975 » 12 Apr 2019, 09:04

Milner is a liability, and no doubt an expensive one at that. How he can look McShane in the eye when he gets an England call I don't know, I'd be embarrassed for him. There's a reason why he's been in the shadows of other players since he broke into the team, and it's because he is bang average, who's form has regressed since he signed his over inflated new contract. Congrats to his agent for getting him the deal, but at the minute the club is getting no where near it's return on its investment. At the minute, he wouldn't get anywhere near my first 17.
As for rest of the issues, we as a club are paying the price for continued poor recruitment over the last 2 yrs.

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 12 Apr 2019, 09:05

Simple we lost the game because of milners brain explosion and Eden's miss read for the last try.

Eden did the same for his 1st try some times it comes off some times it back fires.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

mdean
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: Sacked social media

Post by mdean » 12 Apr 2019, 09:36

I am an exile and rarely watch in person anymore.

I never felt confident for either side last night, felt like I was watching a Championship game *no disrespect, I would love to have been that good!

Neither side put anything together, those 2 examples for Milner and Eden would have masked an all round poor game. If we'd played anything like we were capable of, it wouldn't have been a contest.

All round, the only thing for either coach to be happy about would be the 2 points, other than that a poor game.

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 12 Apr 2019, 10:14

mdean wrote:I am an exile and rarely watch in person anymore.

I never felt confident for either side last night, felt like I was watching a Championship game *no disrespect, I would love to have been that good!

Neither side put anything together, those 2 examples for Milner and Eden would have masked an all round poor game. If we'd played anything like we were capable of, it wouldn't have been a contest.

All round, the only thing for either coach to be happy about would be the 2 points, other than that a poor game.
We didn't deserve it last night but still should have gone in front at the end. Really fancied us to score on that set after having forced back to back drop outs and Hudds looked gassed. Milner's reaction as atrocious. Can you imagine any other team's player doing that in that position?

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 12 Apr 2019, 10:23

RonnieGibbs'forearm wrote:

We didn't deserve it last night but still should have gone in front at the end. Really fancied us to score on that set after having forced back to back drop outs and Hudds looked gassed. Milner's reaction as atrocious. Can you imagine any other team's player doing that in that position?
Can the disciplinary look at the Milner head push?

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 12 Apr 2019, 10:25

JIN JER wrote:

Hope so

stuey
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by stuey » 12 Apr 2019, 10:33

We will not go down, as already enough points (12) to stop up. London and or Leeds will not get 12 points all season.

However, the way we are playing at the moment, I honestly can not see a top 8 finish for us, especially with the run of fixtures we have coming up.

Our next 6 are Wakefield (h), Catalans (a), Wigan (a), Warrington (h), Leeds (a), St Helens (MW). On current form, I can not see us winning any of them.

I reckon now, if Milner gets a ban, we have MIlner, Mcshane, Holmes, Foster, Massey, Millington, Clarkson, Rankin, Ellis & Gale missing next week.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 12 Apr 2019, 11:05

stuey wrote:We will not go down, as already enough points (12) to stop up. London and or Leeds will not get 12 points all season.

However, the way we are playing at the moment, I honestly can not see a top 8 finish for us, especially with the run of fixtures we have coming up.

Our next 6 are Wakefield (h), Catalans (a), Wigan (a), Warrington (h), Leeds (a), St Helens (MW). On current form, I can not see us winning any of them.

I reckon now, if Milner gets a ban, we have MIlner, Mcshane, Holmes, Foster, Massey, Millington, Clarkson, Rankin, Ellis & Gale missing next week.
Won't get relegated

If we don't get players and some form back we'll struggle to make playoffs too(top 5)
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 12 Apr 2019, 11:17

JIN JER wrote:

Probably. If he cops a ban then O'Neill will have to do 80 mins v Wakey. Throw your money on a Trinity win next Thurs.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 12 Apr 2019, 12:23

I'm neither "rose tinted" nor the opposite (whatever that may be?) but it was clear last night that there are areas where we struggle - defence and breaking down the opposition, the two fundamentals of the game.

Now I'm not sure if it's an accurate reflection of either team but that fact is, IMO, we were poor but only lost by 2 points.

As I see, we aren't far off and returning players will improve the standard of play once they return but we are probably too far off from achieving success this season. That has to be laid firmly at the feet of Wells & Co for not sufficiently developing the squad.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 12 Apr 2019, 12:35

I try not to post when I get back from the game as emotions can take over. We were poor, but still only lost by 2. Should have took the game at the end, Milner is thick as ****! I thought Smith went OK on debut, nothing special but did a decent job considering he had to step in early due to Millo’s injury. O’Neill put himself about and looks good for the future, needs to back himself a little more though, but that will come as his confidence grows. The worrying thing is our total lack of creativity in the opposition 20. Trueman is a great young player, but too much on his shoulders at the moment. He can’t do both jobs in the halves. If McShane played last night, we win in my opinion. A few odd decisions by Thaler, but I thought they pretty much evened out for both sides and didn’t have a bad game overall. Fed up of blatant cheating - deliberately passing the ball into a player on the ground should be 10 mins, simple!

Frankas
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Frankas » 12 Apr 2019, 13:26

We have lost all our attacking flair, the left hand side what has seen us score seemingly at will isn't seeing the ball, Eden can't have had the ball no more than half a dozen times, one of those being the interception try he scored, we have changed that lethal left side attack, to five drives and a kick down the middle.

This week it was our left hand defence what cracked, and without the intervention of the video ref, and a brilliant last ditch tackle by Truman on McGillray, the score would have been a lot larger.

One player Powell has to get a grip on, is Milner, he is turning into a penalty machine, and the incident last night where he got himself sin binned in the last few minutes when we were pressing on the line was on par with Mcshane's brain F@@t at Leeds, and contributed to us loosing.

Since we got rid of Roberts, we seem to have lost some team spirit, and togetherness, Powell keeps saying we have some problems, but it shouldn't effect the playing staff, perhaps the club should elaborate what the problems are, because one thing is for sure, and I know injuries to key players do contribute to disruption, but we seem at times to be thirteen strangers raver than the cohesive team we have seen in the last 4 or 5 years.

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 12 Apr 2019, 13:51

Frankas wrote:We have lost all our attacking flair, the left hand side what has seen us score seemingly at will isn't seeing the ball, Eden can't have had the ball no more than half a dozen times, one of those being the interception try he scored, we have changed that lethal left side attack, to five drives and a kick down the middle.

This week it was our left hand defence what cracked, and without the intervention of the video ref, and a brilliant last ditch tackle by Truman on McGillray, the score would have been a lot larger.

One player Powell has to get a grip on, is Milner, he is turning into a penalty machine, and the incident last night where he got himself sin binned in the last few minutes when we were pressing on the line was on par with Mcshane's brain F@@t at Leeds, and contributed to us loosing.

Since we got rid of Roberts, we seem to have lost some team spirit, and togetherness, Powell keeps saying we have some problems, but it shouldn't effect the playing staff, perhaps the club should elaborate what the problems are, because one thing is for sure, and I know injuries to key players do contribute to disruption, but we seem at times to be thirteen strangers raver than the cohesive team we have seen in the last 4 or 5 years.
Attack down the edges comes from the organisation and play provided by the spine, our spine is shot right now. We need players back, playing their position and consistently to get some flow of attack back. I expect us to adapt our style to the personnel we have available, I cannot believe other people expect anything else.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 12 Apr 2019, 14:00

SREGITSAC wrote:
Frankas wrote:We have lost all our attacking flair, the left hand side what has seen us score seemingly at will isn't seeing the ball, Eden can't have had the ball no more than half a dozen times, one of those being the interception try he scored, we have changed that lethal left side attack, to five drives and a kick down the middle.

Attack down the edges comes from the organisation and play provided by the spine, our spine is shot right now. We need players back, playing their position and consistently to get some flow of attack back. I expect us to adapt our style to the personnel we have available, I cannot believe other people expect anything else.
Wow strong statement your saying we should except the way were playing with just a few players out, against teams down near bottom .Wow i crown you sir king off the tinted glass brigrade lmao

Frankas
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Frankas » 12 Apr 2019, 14:55

How dose my comments say we should except the way things are going flow, we are playing poor, our expansive game of years gone by has all but gone, Flow are you a politician, because how on gods earth can you read the post and think it means we should except how we are playing.

The club knew from the start of the season that we had lost Gale, Ellis, and Roberts, and we should have got a decent replacement, rather than piling the pressure on Truman, and McShane. We brought Rankin in, ( a cheap option ) and I don't rate him at all.... I don't wear tinted glasses, and I don't knock the team on a regular occasion like some do.

CB5

Post by CB5 » 12 Apr 2019, 15:26

flow wrote:
SREGITSAC wrote:

Wow strong statement your saying we should except the way were playing with just a few players out, against teams down near bottom .Wow i crown you sir king off the tinted glass brigrade lmao
Do you even know what tinted glasses saying means? He's just slated how bad we are. In what way is he/she making things out to be better than they are??

And I quote from you "you will break a long losing streak against us on Thursday that's fore sure . :shock: :shock: I be glad now when we cant mathematically go down that's how bad we have got." So, if that's not someone who 'accepts the way were playing' then I don't know what is... :clap:

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 12 Apr 2019, 15:41

Take 8 or 9 players out of any team their form would dip including St Helens or Warrington take Fifita and Danny Brough out of Wakefield and they would be lucky to win a game , to be sat in 3RD is no mean achievement with our injury problems , don't be late on Thursday COME ON YE FORD